PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kick Retuner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double TE

4 LIFE
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Time to put Blount back there? I loved it last season. BEASTLY! Amendola is OK but not the same effect.

"Kick Retuner"

Great thread title -- content less interesting. ;)

Time to put Blount back there? I loved it last season. BEASTLY! Amendola is OK but not the same effect.
I'm fine with Amendola doing it. Blount did have some moments but Amendola has, too. I was shocked at how well Blount did in that role last year (around 29 yards/return). Amendola is at around 26 yards/return, I think.

Leave Amendola. Just last game he almost broke through that wave. My only problem with our kickoff returns is Slater. Slater is constantly forcing our returners to knee the ball even when it isn't that deep.

Leave Amendola. Just last game he almost broke through that wave. My only problem with our kickoff returns is Slater. Slater is constantly forcing our returners to knee the ball even when it isn't that deep.

Clearly orders from BB.

Shoot my bad on the spelling. I just think it sets a physical tone! The results may not be materially different.

A lot of things can happen on kickoffs and only one of them is good if you're the receiving team. 95% of the time I'm fine with taking a knee.

Clearly orders from BB.

You are most likely right, but I noticed that we seemed to return the ball more frequently when Slater isn't the upman. It seemed like Amendola ran every one that was capable of running out when Lafell was the upman.

Shoot my bad on the spelling. I just think it sets a physical tone! The results may not be materially different.

I believe that you're able to edit the title.

As for the substance, I'm with Jackson 2 -- it seems to me that this season we've seen a mass of kick-off returns that were stopped before the 20. Still, if we have to put a KR at risk, who is more expendable: Danny A or Blount? (Sorry to say that, but the answer looks obvious to me.)

Blount was below average until blowing up against Buffalo. Amendola is actually more than a full yard higher than LaGarrette had last year prior to week 17.

Blount seems like a good guy for the Kick return job but he was not doing much in the job while he was with Pittsburgh. BB also doesn't like having starters do kick returners and at this point Blount is the starting Running back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes