Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

NFL | League delays waiver deadline
Sun, 5 Mar 2006 18:26:47 -0800

ESPNews reports the NFL has extended the waiver deadline to 11:30 p.m. ET Sunday, March 5.

So what does that mean?

workhorse said:
So what does that mean?

It means that all hands by now are making themselves look like fools.

You might think that some of them had handled high-stakes negotiations before.
But i guess not.

It means at 1201 the nfl will be over as we know it...

workhorse said:
So what does that mean?

Actually I think it means that this time, the 12:01 Free Agency is going to happen. And teams that had been holding off on making their cuts thinking an agreement might happen have been told to make their cuts to get under the cap.

That being said, we know from previous experience that the League can annul any cuts (or signings) that take place tomorrow should Upshaw take his head out of his - well you know...

flutie2phelan said:
It means that all hands by now are making themselves look like fools.

You might think that some of them had handled high-stakes negotiations before.
But i guess not.

.....and it makes us all look like fools for following this whole messed up process!

Not to stray from the topic, but how pissed off must BB and SP be for being handcuffed by this whole ridiculous soap opera?

pats1 said:
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

NFL | League delays waiver deadline
Sun, 5 Mar 2006 18:26:47 -0800

ESPNews reports the NFL has extended the waiver deadline to 11:30 p.m. ET Sunday, March 5.

This is bordering on the sublime.

Man, I could not be more WRONG about the CBA extension. I never thought that it would come to this.

Miguel said:

Man, I could not be more WRONG about the CBA extension. I never thought that it would come to this.
Well, as comented on before - we would be able to tell if the the union was asking for too much by whether the owners agreed in the end. Well, they didn't agree, so now we know.

But predicting that ahead of time would have been clairvoyance !!
Impossible to guess without a fantastic amount of unavailable inside detail.

Miguel said:

Miguel, i thought it would be worked out by now too. So much for positive thinking

Bill's Girl said:
.....and it makes us all look like fools for following this whole messed up process!

No, no, dear B'sGirl.

Haven't you been enjoying this to the hilt? What else is there to do, watch the Oscars? ... knit?

I almost think that this will definately be the very next to last time they will probably extend this out, maybe.

Miguel...I agree with you..I would have thought this was a done deal by now. It just seems so obvious to me..get it done and don't drop the ball!! Unfortunately, we have the both sides looking so much at it that they are missing the big picture and how much they can lose!! They could let the NFL go into the abyss and miss it totally..which is why I don't know if a deal gets done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots