PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

KFFL: Saints in contract talks with Roth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Patriot Guy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I was hoping we could still get him even after the Anderson signing but it looks like that's doubtful.

Obviously this is a ploy by BB to get all the pass rushing FA's off the market so we're the only ones still looking when Osi goes back on the trade blocks.

Duh.

I was hoping we could still get him even after the Anderson signing but it looks like that's doubtful.

So now he's leaning towards the 4-3? I'll be curious how much his contract is worth when all is said and done.

Obviously this is a ploy by BB to get all the pass rushing FA's off the market so we're the only ones still looking when Osi goes back on the trade blocks.

Duh.

Like taking candy from a baby

Roth isn't that good.

I think if BB wanted Roth, he would've been signed by now.

So now he's leaning towards the 4-3? I'll be curious how much his contract is worth when all is said and done.

I think he is going for a 9-1-1 with Mayo and McCorty playing back :)

My guess is Pats would sign him for the right price, but Roth obviously wants to get his market value. Would have been a solid addition, but with or without him, the team won't be made or broken.

KFFL: Saints in contract talks with Roth

Not to nitpick (okay, I suppose I am nitpicking), but since when did KFFL ever report anything?

KFFL and some other sites like RotoWire do what they do very, very well: they compile a lot of reports from many various sources into one very convenient location. But they don't report anything. Let's give credit where credit is due; in this case, Jason LaCanfora and NFL.com - not KFFL.

/rant

Not to nitpick (okay, I suppose I am nitpicking), but since when did KFFL ever report anything?

KFFL and some other sites like RotoWire do what they do very, very well: they compile a lot of reports from many various sources into one very convenient location. But they don't report anything. Let's give credit where credit is due; in this case, Jason LaCanfora and NFL.com - not KFFL.

/rant

Correct and I don't believe LaCanfora specificly mentioned that he was in "contract talks" with the Saints.

Roth = Monty Beisel

Roth and Anderson are very different players.

Roth is mostly a two-down player. Limited athlete, but dependable edge setter.
Anderson is mostly a third-down player. Terrific athlete, but very limited production.

They could be complements.

And whether we signed either, there would be a segment calling one a stiff, and another segment saying this could be Vrabel all over again.

/rant

Yeah I know. I noticed it on KFFL when I was on my lunchbreak at work. I was using my cell phone so I went the easy route. KFFL is faster to type than Jason LaCanfora. (plus I had already forgotton the spelling once I logged on to this site) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes