Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Patriots | Interested in Drew
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 14:24:24 -0800

During his NFL Combine interview, UCLA RB Maurice Drew said the New England Patriots are one of the teams that are interested in him as a running back.

The Colts, Jags, Raiders, Seahawks, Steelers, and Browns were reportedly also interested.

NCAA | Teams liking Drew as RB and return man
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 14:22:15 -0800

During his NFL Combine interview, UCLA RB Maurice Drew said he felt like all the teams like him as a return man, but there was about 7-8 teams that like him as a running back. "A lot of teams are liking the versatility that I have, kind of like (St. Louis Rams RB) Marshall Faulk and (Philadelphia Eagles RB) Brian Westbrook and things like that. A lot of teams are starting to evolve with that offense."

NCAA | Drew feels size, return game are an advantage
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 14:21:44 -0800

During his NFL Combine interview, UCLA RB Maurice Drew said he feels his size and his punt return abilities are a big advantage. "It's hard for a lot of people to get their hands on me when I'm darting in and out of holes, between blocks and between tackles," said Drew. On his return game, Drew said, "A lot of people don't want to go back there and return punts, just because it's dangerous. But you've got to go out there and not worry about all the dangerous things that could happen. You've got to be able to concentrate on catching the ball and making a play."

NCAA | Drew to go through whole combine workout
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 14:21:15 -0800

During his NFL Combine interview, UCLA RB Maurice Drew said he plans on going through the whole combine workout. "I feel like if you come to the combine, that's the way to do it," Drew said. "There's no reason not to work out. You're taking up other people's slots. So you need to use this opportunity with all the coaches and GMs here, and be able to do your best. Just go out there and compete. If you do your best, you can't be mad at yourself."

NCAA | Drew measures in
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 14:20:56 -0800

During his NFL Combine interview, UCLA RB Maurice Drew said he measured in with a height of 5-6 1/2 and a weight of 207 pounds. When asked if those measurements would hurt him, Drew said, "If it does, I can't grow any taller. So all I can do is go out there and play like I'm 6-2, 6-3 and however many pounds they want me to weigh."

It would be just like BB to have someone let a player know they are "interested" to throw others off the track of his real target.

But that being said - we need a RB of the future and he looks promising.

pats1 said:
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

During his NFL Combine interview, UCLA RB Maurice Drew said he measured in with a height of 5-6 1/2 and a weight of 207 pounds.

The Colts, Jags, Raiders, Seahawks, Steelers, and Browns were reportedly also interested.

5-6 1/2, a lot of defenders would have trouble getting low enough to tackle this guy. Maybe he reminds Belichick of David Meggett.

Fanfrom1960 said:
5-6 1/2, a lot of defenders would have trouble getting low enough to tackle this guy. Maybe he reminds Belichick of David Meggett.

OR "MINI MACK HERRON"

KDPpatsfan said:
I don't know much about him.

Check out his highlight video. Watch the whole thing, especially the interview at the end. His interview really impressed me

http://uclabruins.collegesports.com/maurice-drew/

I see him as an every down back, just not your prototypical everydown back. I see him in the mold of a Michael Westbrook.

Look. As long as Tom Brady is running this offense, we will be a pass first offense. Anything else would be a waste. Why not get a back with some wheels.

This kid would be huge in the passing game. When he is on the field you would have to respect the pass. Plus, he has blazing speed.

He is certainly not a pound it down there throats back. He isn't going to get the tough yards.

But I could see him breaking an awful lot of long runs.

He can also catch and be a punt returner. BB loves his players to be multi facetted.

I just have no idea where this kid will go. If he is there in the 3rd, I think it is a no brainer. But do you take him in the second? I don't know. And he may not even be there when we pick in the second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back