PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

KFFL Item - Team has preliminary talks with Branch about a long-term contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

edzo44

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Saw this blurb on KFFL site a little earlier this evening. If true, would make for a very successful offseason so far. Another key extension maybe?:

"Patriots | Team has preliminary talks with Branch about a long-term contract
Thu, 13 Apr 2006 19:47:30 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the New England Patriots have spoken with WR Deion Branch about a long-term contract. Branch is entering the final years of his current contract."

:singing:

Hey, KFFL just regurgitates something else. Wow.

I saw Shefter's report, it was fairly benign, basically saying he is fairly sure it'll get done but not in the immediate future. More like a few months in his opinion.

I saw a headline on Sportscenter last night I think saying the Pats are going to have trouble signing branch after they paid so much for Sey. any one else see this? If we can get him signed up semi-long term our core 'stars' will be in place for the team to build and get younger around.

BelichickFan said:
Hey, KFFL just regurgitates something else. Wow.

Grr! How many times do we have to say it? That's what the site is! It's a compilation of the most recent news stories into one central location. They're not trying to be the first to break news under their own name and boast about it, or be the insiders into something. I'd much rather (and do) visit their site 50 times a day instead of trying to watch every sports news station or read every online article to pick out the important points as they do.

kptmorgan04 said:
I saw a headline on Sportscenter last night I think saying the Pats are going to have trouble signing branch after they paid so much for Sey. any one else see this? If we can get him signed up semi-long term our core 'stars' will be in place for the team to build and get younger around.

Don't buy that. Some of those analysts just see "Patriots sign Seymour to richest contract for a defensive player" or "Patriots didn't want to overspend for Vinatieri/Givens/McGinest" and think that they've used all their money up. All it takes is a quick trip to Miguel's page to negate that.

Last edited:
kptmorgan04 said:

The only way that the Pats will have trouble signing Branch is if Branch thinks that he is one of the best 10 wideouts in the game and deserves to be paid as such.

Adam Shefter is the source that bugs me the most. Unlike KFFL, he claims he has breaking information, only to regurgitate what has been on the internet for at least 24 hours...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back