Welcome to PatsFans.com

Keyshawn without an agent

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by T-ShirtDynasty, Mar 15, 2006.

1. T-ShirtDynasty

T-ShirtDynasty Moderator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Interesting tid-bit on PFT's Rumor Mill: http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

2. Pats67

Pats67 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I think it was Tomase who tried to reach Stanley yesterday, who was "unavailable for comment." No wonder.

3. Willie55

Willie55 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I say bring Me-Shawn in. He had 70 receptions last year. A big receiver who could off-set Branch's lack of size. If it holds true that him and BB are very close, the Pats might be able to get him on the cheap.

That coupled with if/when Eric Moulds in released and the Pats sign him, they would have a deadly receiving corp.

4. jczxohn1

jczxohn1 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Keyshawn's value as a down-field blocker is immense and would make up for that part of Given's game as well.

5. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I'm onboard with Johnson, my problem is Tom Petty is skipping and all I'm hearing is " the waiting is the hardest part".

6. smg93

smg93 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

#54 Jersey

At least we know he wont have any problems finding another mouthpiece. :eek:

7. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Interesting...but also in that rumor mill was a story about David Patten..who is in the mix with the Skins...seems like he will make the best of it and try harder...REALLY interesting..esp since he could get the ax..and may be one to come back here...I'd take him at a heartbeat...
    Also interesting that it was pointed out that what Givens will make in one year in tenn..is more than the entire WR corps of the Patriots of last year..
    (Not sure if that is right..but?? Interesing if the case..)

8. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +395 / 33 / -5

Givens will get an $8M bonus plus at least a $1M salary. I think that $9M is more than the all the receivers put together. It is also more than Givens has made in hi entire career here. We made the decision with regard to Givens last year when negotiations fell apart and we tendered him at $1.4M.