PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Keyshawn without an agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-ShirtDynasty

Reaction score
Interesting tid-bit on PFT's Rumor Mill: http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
KEYSHAWN ON HIS OWN?

Speaking of agents, the guy who represents receiver Keyshawn Johnson currently is on suspension. And this means that Johnson might negotiate his next deal by himself (wink).

The NFLPA suspended Jerome Stanley in 2005 for his role in bungling the 2004 free agency of Browns receiver Dennis Northcutt by failing to file the paperwork necessary to void the remainder of Northcutt's contract.

We're told that, for now, it appears that Johnson won't be firing Stanley. But since Stanley can't work on Johnson's behalf, the suspicion is that Johnson will go it alone, with Stanley advising on an unofficial basis.

I think it was Tomase who tried to reach Stanley yesterday, who was "unavailable for comment." No wonder.

I say bring Me-Shawn in. He had 70 receptions last year. A big receiver who could off-set Branch's lack of size. If it holds true that him and BB are very close, the Pats might be able to get him on the cheap.

That coupled with if/when Eric Moulds in released and the Pats sign him, they would have a deadly receiving corp.

Keyshawn's value as a down-field blocker is immense and would make up for that part of Given's game as well.

I'm onboard with Johnson, my problem is Tom Petty is skipping and all I'm hearing is " the waiting is the hardest part".

At least we know he wont have any problems finding another mouthpiece. :eek:

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Interesting tid-bit on PFT's Rumor Mill: http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
Interesting...but also in that rumor mill was a story about David Patten..who is in the mix with the Skins...seems like he will make the best of it and try harder...REALLY interesting..esp since he could get the ax..and may be one to come back here...I'd take him at a heartbeat...
Also interesting that it was pointed out that what Givens will make in one year in tenn..is more than the entire WR corps of the Patriots of last year..
(Not sure if that is right..but?? Interesing if the case..)

Givens will get an $8M bonus plus at least a $1M salary. I think that $9M is more than the all the receivers put together. It is also more than Givens has made in hi entire career here. We made the decision with regard to Givens last year when negotiations fell apart and we tendered him at $1.4M.

Pats726 said:
Interesting...but also in that rumor mill was a story about David Patten..who is in the mix with the Skins...seems like he will make the best of it and try harder...REALLY interesting..esp since he could get the ax..and may be one to come back here...I'd take him at a heartbeat...
Also interesting that it was pointed out that what Givens will make in one year in tenn..is more than the entire WR corps of the Patriots of last year..
(Not sure if that is right..but?? Interesing if the case..)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes