PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Keyshawn Officially RELEASED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he'll sign at a discount for a good chance at a ring . . . that seems to be a problem this year :(

BelichickFan said:
Maybe he'll sign at a discount for a good chance at a ring . . . that seems to be a problem this year :(

He has a ring from Tampa Bay

EMoulds80Fan said:
He has a ring from Tampa Bay
Damn. Well maybe he wants another one ;)

BelichickFan said:

Some say he has Donald Hayes disease???

do we forget about the MEshawn??

No not Keyshawn, I don't think I could root for him.

Throw me the Damn Ball!!!!! :D

If MeShawn could shut his month and play ball, he would help ease the pain of losing Givens.

I dont see him being quiet for very long, when Brady gets everyone involved in the offense though!!

I think I remeber hearing that BB really admired Keyshawn during his NY days. He would be an ideal possession replacement type fpr Brady.

Bring him in!!

KJ is a replacement for Troy Brown who will likely retire. KJ is a slot receiver and cause no problems working for Belichick.

This deal could be done soon.

It has been talked about on EEI that he and BB are close....so maybe??? I'm not a KJ fan at all..but if it works and he shuts up...OK..that may change my mind. MAY...and he is good friends with Moulds..so??

He does have 70-some catches the last couple years, along with experience in the offense from his Jet days. He would seem like a pretty good short-term solution. He can still come up with big catches on 3rd down.

That said, it would hurt to root for the guy. His act is stale and he holds way too high an opinion of his ability.

Now go get Keyshawn, BB.

Code:
2005 - Keyshawn - 71 catches - 839 yards - 6 TD's
Code:
2005 - Givens - 59 catches - 738 yards - 2 TD's

LloydBraun said:
I think I remeber hearing that BB really admired Keyshawn during his NY days. He would be an ideal possession replacement type fpr Brady.

Bring him in!!

When Tampa let him go he said that he would like the chance to play for BB. I think he is trouble, but if BB can get to him like he did with Dillon, then maybe it is worth a shot......at the right price!

Now Dallas can go get Terrell Owens I'm sure he has been released by now.

KJ will work fine

2.5 M per year for 2 years with a 1 Mill signing bonus and a 1 Mill 07 roster bonus or he can go play loser ball for the rest of his career.

Last edited:
I DON'T WANT HIM AT ANY PRICE! :mad:

sorry to scream but this is NOT a replacement for David.

Last edited:
Bobs My Uncle said:
Now go get Keyshawn, BB.

Code:
2005 - Keyshawn - 71 catches - 839 yards - 6 TD's
Code:
2005 - Givens - 59 catches - 738 yards - 2 TD's

Those numbers look good to me, but I hate the idea of having to root for Keyshawn.

Hoodie said:

Nope - it's an UPGRADE. I have no doubt that Keyshawn will behave himself for a year, and that's really all we need him for. Surely we'll draft a couple of kids over the next two drafts and I think he'll be a good stopgap. I would feel way better about it, though, if Willie McG were back in the fold.

Hoodie said:

you're right. He's better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back