PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Keyshawn Johnson released [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Keyshawn Johnson released.

I don't knwo if the "drops" stats are official or just tracked by networks, but they reported that Keyshawn dropped one of 72 in 05 for, obivously 71 catches. Amazing.

Minus the personalities, in pure football terms the Pats would benefit by signing Keyshawn - especially if Troy Borwn retires. Keyshawn is better than either Gaffney or Caldwell, take your pick, plus he is the definition of a possession WR, KJ's like Wayne Chrebet on stilts.

If KJ would come in agreeing to be the fourth WR and settle for low cash in exchange for a chance to win a SB, I'd sign him in a second and tell Moss to mind his own business. The Patriots are an NFL team, not a therapy session for whacky Randy. If he's sincere (does Moss knows what that word means?) about being in NE to win a SB then Randy ought to welcome KJ with open arms.

Cutting Gaffney or Caldwell to make room for KJ would cost the Pats crumbs on the 2007 cap, so why not? If one figures that cap space will be spent on a WR either way then would you rather pay KJ, Gaffney or Caldwell?

Keyshawn would be my choice. Besides, BB would be seen as some kind of faith healer if he could get KJ and Moss to coexist sucessfully.

Last edited:
Minus the personalities, in pure football terms the Pats would benefit by signing Keyshawn - especially if Troy Borwn retires. Keyshawn is better than either Gaffney or Caldwell, take your pick, plus he is the definition of a posession WR, KJ's like Wayne Chrebet on stilts.

You can also add one of the games premiere blocking WR's to Key's resume. Something this team sorely lacks at the moment if I might add.

If KJ would come in agreeing to be the fourth WR and settle for low cash in exchange for a chance to win a SB, I'd sign him in a second and tell Moss to mind his own business. The Patriots are an NFL team, not a therapy session for whacky Randy. If he's sincere (does Moss knows what that word means?) about being in NE to win a SB then Randy ought to welcome KJ with open arms.

Cutting Gaffney or Caldwell to make room for KJ would cost the Pats crumbs on the 2007 cap, so why not? If one figures that cap space will be spent on a WR either way then would you rather pay KJ, Gaffney or Caldwell?

Keyshawn would be my choice. Besides, BB would be seen as some kind of faith healer if he could get KJ and Moss to coexist sucessfully.
Cap friendly deal is the operative word here obviously but if Key is open to a cap friendly deal, and If the object is to place the best players out on the field, then it's a no brainer to take Key over redundant guys like Washington, Caldwell and Gaffney.

Blocker supreme, all the more reason to sign him up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back