PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Keyshawn comments on Sirius radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
I got this from another board:

"I really need that QB. I have never really had a real QB throwing to me. Even on that Super Bowl team, I never had that QB like a McNabb or Brady."

He also said, paraphrasing, "I ain't going to play for $2M. If you pay me $2M you'll get $2M worth of effort from me, about 30 plays a game".

Ick.

BelichickFan said:
He also said, paraphrasing, "I ain't going to play for $2M. If you pay me $2M you'll get $2M worth of effort from me, about 30 plays a game".

Ick.

How many plays would we need? If $2MM gets us 30 plays a game, does $3MM get us 45 plays a game? Does he maybe have a chart we can follow along with?

Sounds good!

About 30 plays is all we need...sign him up! Actually, what I meant to say was "NEXT".

BelichickFan said:

Ick.
I'm leaning against him with a comment like that..I have been back and forth a few times..leaning more to stay away from the Patriots!!!
Maybe we should pay him 1 million and have him in for 15 plays..Talk like that will keep him out of Foxboro..

Another idea

Pats726 said:
I'm leaning against him with a comment like that..I have been back and forth a few times..leaning more to stay away from the Patriots!!!
Maybe we should pay him 1 million and have him in for 15 plays..Talk like that will keep him out of Foxboro..

Maybe we should pay him a million bucks to stay the hell out of Foxboro.

Pats726 said:
I don't know if he was kidding around but it turned me right off.

I'd take him in a heartbeat. He plays his ass off and blocks, too.

patpatriot said:
Maybe we should pay him a million bucks to stay the hell out of Foxboro.
Better yet charge him for balls he catches by Brady!!

BelichickFan said:

Ick.

Just what we need......Ick indeed!

That comment about BB admiring Keyshawn, was that before or after BB left NY? He is the epitome of a selfish player, I can't imagine BB liking him!

Just give him the damn ball!

I hope to god we dont sign him, he's a headache.

Good luck Meshawn finding some one that will pay you over 2M for aging slow WR. It will not be the Pats that is for sure.

Ah grasshopper, what did we not learn from our Tampa Bay experience? Time to check out Moulds and see if he has attitude. One writer mentioned Moulds was classier and more skilled then Keyshawn, I would tend to agree at this point.

according to Felger he says that Keyshawn and BB are very close, and Keyshawn has come up to Foxboro the last couple of years to watch the Pats playoff games.

But on SI.com he sounds like he's going to the highest bidder, and "if" he decides to take a modest contract, he would love to catch passes from Brady @ $5 million a year.

BelichickFan said:

Ick.

Is that anything like the "Randy Ratio"? lol
Seriously though, A day ago everybody, including me, thought he would be a great pickup. Now, he supposedly said this and nobody wants him anymore?
He's better than Givens period. At 3 mill he would be a bargain. I havent heard much crap out of him lately (aside from these latest ALLEGED comments)
Compared to TO, he's a perfect angel.

If you guys don't think he'd be good for us, you might want to think again.
And it may become a reality quite soon. YMMV (your mileage may vary)
Sign him up!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/michael_silver/03/15/keyshawn.market/1.html

"The guys I look at are the guys who, over the past couple of years, have signed free-agent deals: Muhsin Muhammad, Derrick Mason, Laveraneus Coles, Justin McCareins, Antwaan Randle El, Issac Bruce, Brandon Lloyd, David Givens. Say I've only got three years left, and I don't want one of those silly backloaded deals that makes the agent look good. Give me three years of real money in the range of what those guys are making, and I'll be ready to help you try to win a championship."

"Man, I think about Matt Hasselbeck putting the ball between the 1 and the 9 on my jersey, and my heart starts racing," Johnson said. "I think about Trent Green tossing it around downfield, or Donovan McNabb scrambling and chucking it 80 yards. ... I think about being part of Eli Manning's emergence, or helping Daunte Culpepper get back on track. ... and there's always Tom Brady if I'm willing to play for $5 a year."

R_T26 said:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/michael_silver/03/15/keyshawn.market/1.html
"Man, I think about Matt Hasselbeck putting the ball between the 1 and the 9 on my jersey, and my heart starts racing," Johnson said. "I think about Trent Green tossing it around downfield, or Donovan McNabb scrambling and chucking it 80 yards. ... I think about being part of Eli Manning's emergence, or helping Daunte Culpepper get back on track. ... and there's always Tom Brady if I'm willing to play for $5 a year."
You'll note that he said "IF I'm willing to play for $5 a year", he never said he WOULDN'T play for $5 a year. He's obviously leaving the door open, I think that's a positive sign!

:rocker:

R_T26 said:
... and there's always Tom Brady if I'm willing to play for $5 a year."

Again, the perception that the Pats are cheap. Whether it's true or not (they're spending to the cap, so overall it's not - though we've had very lucky breaks with players, notably Bruschi, signing for substantially less than they could have gotten elsewhere and with quality drafting at the expensive positions like DL and WR), it's a problem if it's thought to be true...

I think he would have a hard time getting 5 million from anyone at this point in FA. Just my 2 cents. I have been known to be wrong before!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back