PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Keys to victory - 10/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueStar '71

Rookie
Reaction score
I think the Cowboys/Pats game will be the most anticipated game of the year thus far. Both I believe will be 5-0 if they can avoid the 'trap' games this weekend.

The Pats are a formidable opponent. Offense and defense as good as any in the league as the numbers bear out. Best assests are a top-notch QB, scary WR and a dynamic, opportunistic defense with one of the best defensive mind in the game at the helm.

To beat them you must first stop the run. A team cannot give Brady the option of play action. He'll kill you. Thus far the 'Boys have been stout against the run. The Wade Phillips 3/4 is predicated on stopping the run first and then pressuring the QB, which is the key to slowing the Pats offense. In short we have the win the war in the trenches.

Once we control the LOS, we have to come after Brady. Get some pressure and hits on him. Any QB can be rattled, even the ultra-cool Brady. He will not totally lose it and break down, but he will start to hear footsteps after a while. We just need him off his game.

Offensively we just need to attack, attack, attack. Keep the pressure on them to score. They haven't faced an offense anywhere near as dynamic as the 'Boys will present. We have numerous weapons, the most important of which is Romo, the X-factor. When the play breaks down, the Pats will have some decisions to make. Romo is a threat to run it or pass. And he is surprisingly good at both. Rare. He'll put NE in some unfamiliar territory.

I think the game will be more high scoring than most people think. Practicing against a 3/4 defense everyday will give the advantage to both teams' offense I believe.

'Boys 28 Pats 27

Great post, but you got the final score wrong; 27-17 New England.

Thanks for playing.............

I have a sneaking suspicion the score won't be as close as many think it will be.

The Cowboys have a fine offense, but they have yet to deal with the kind of multi-leveled, multi-skilled defense the Pats will show them.

Two terrific quarterbacks in an all-American shoot-out. The Cowboys vs. the Patriots. Is doesn't get much better than that.

But we have Cleveland to contend with, and I'm not especially comfortable looking forward to this game.

sorry

Browns game

come back next week

A troll AND a smart ass; you're two for two, keep up the mediocre work slick................

I love these trolls who come into our haven and bastion of all things Pats, and predict what the Patriots are going to do. In reality our game plan will mirror what the Bills did, and be refined. This is a copy cat league, and BB will follow up what the Bills did and then add his strengths.

Uninformed trolls throw around terms like control the LOS, when in reality there may be none is we use our two DL set with our crew of LB's and DB's, you never know what evil lurks in the mind of BB, when you think and plan for one thing and then something different will happen. This is the most versatile team on both sides of the ball, so many offensive weapons and so many different ways to use our defense.

I love these trolls who come into our haven and bastion of all things Pats, and predict what the Patriots are going to do.

Well first of all...its the VISITORS locker room.
Second, that was not a trolling post at all.

BlueStar '71 said:
The Pats are a formidable opponent. Offense and defense as good as any in the league as the numbers bear out. Best assests are a top-notch QB, scary WR and a dynamic, opportunistic defense with one of the best defensive mind in the game at the helm.

Third, yeah it would be so much better if nobody had an opposing opinion and we all just rode the jock of the beautiful tom lady.:rolleyes: Being an experienced poster, I would expect you to know what a troll is by now.:confused:

Well first of all...its the VISITORS locker room.
Second, that was not a trolling post at all.
I'm glad somebody here noticed...I was beginning to think that fans of other teams weren't welcome here under any circumstances. And that would be a pity.

I'll give it to you straight. The Pats will be and should be favorites to win. The Cowboys, meanwhile, need some breaks like the Bills received against us on Monday night.

The cool thing about the NFL, though, is that in any game anything can happen.

Here's to a few days of some friendly football discussion...that is if you all are interested...

Nothing personal, I just think that the depth and number of weapons, on both sides of the ball for the Pats will spell the difference.

In either case, I expect the NFL network and CBS to be all loaded up with hype the rest of this week.

BTW, The Pats and Cowboys were my pre season picks for Super Bowl
XLII.

At least someone here talks football. I didn't come here to troll as I think the OP proves. If you come to the MB on dallascowboys.com and talk football you are engaged likewise. Thanks for an intelligent reply.

Our front 7 has been very stout against the run for the past two years without the need to load the box. That's what gives the D flexibility too bring pressure at inopportune times for the opposing offense. Philips is very adept at creative schemes for bringing pressure as the Pats should know from his time with San Diego.

And any QB can be rattled. Brady has had multilple 3+ INT games in his career, most recently he had 4 INTs against the Colts last November and if he does the same against the Cowboys you guys will lose. The talent and skill level between these two teams are close. Neither can afford multiple mistakes and expect to win.

And we have quite a few weapons ourselves. The Pats may end up in unfamiliar territory in that they may not be playing with a lead. Our offense is dynamic, multi-layered with an accurate and mobile QB. We put points on the board.

I expect that this game will be more high-scoring than many think. Both teams run an aggressive 3/4 schemes. Both offenses see that everyday in practice and that has to translate into an advantage for the offenses.

In any event, this should be a great game.

Getcha popcorn ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey