PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Keys to todays game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanBruschi54

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
-First and foremost stopping any type of run game by the Jets. Our team is nearly the best run stopping team in the league and facing a rookie like Washington and a vet like Barlow should have us win this battle with ease today forcing the Jets to have to throw.

-ST's our ST's defense in the past few weeks have dropped tremedously. We have allowed 3 or 4 big kicks to be returned. Justin Miller is fast like our Maroney but we need to stop those big run backs. We are letting our opponents average 26.2 yards a return now.

-Use the running game. Our running backs should be a major force in this game. Jets ranked higher than what Indy is but it doesnt look like it on game film. Maroney and Dillon both should have big games. Also allows time management.

-Brady will rebound. He always has a rebound game after he throws one of his 4INT massacres. Got back and look at the history.

As long as we tackle well and don't have any blown coverages, without Rodney, I have little concern about this game. Next would be a solid game from the DL which would mean not too many problems stopping the run and solid pressure.

Of course, no turnovers but, like you said, the chances of Brady playing badly again are slim.

In terms of development it sure would be nice to see the young guys, Maroney, Jackson, Gost, take a step up as the second half of the season begins. And as much as I love Harrison, I will admit to being intrigued by all the speed we have in the secondary now - although we're getting pretty thin until Wilson gets back.

How about the weather?????...it will be a running bonanza! I don't see Brady having a huge day. I think that honor will go to our RB's - if we can't run, this game could get U G L Y!

Drewwho said:
if we can't run, this game could get U G L Y!
LOL, I think it'll be the opposite - if they can't run this game could get U G L Y (in a good way for us).

Having Wilson back even remotely here and there to move Scott into a nickel or even putting wilson in the nickel is a big boost to get back. Hopefully Wilson can play some today as he has been practicing.

SeanBruschi54 said:
Having Wilson back even remotely here and there to move Scott into a nickel or even putting wilson in the nickel is a big boost to get back.
Yeah, with Hobbs/Samuel/Hawkins/Scott starting who's next ? Troy ?

BelichickFan said:
Yeah, with Hobbs/Samuel/Hawkins/Scott starting who's next ? Troy ?
Dont jinx it. Troy was playing last week on defense and was practicing on defense again this week.

SeanBruschi54 said:
Dont jinx it. Troy was playing last week on defense and was practicing on defense again this week.
I don't believe in jinxes but it's moot anyway, if Troy is next, he's our Nickel Back, we don't even need an injury for him to get in there on defense :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back