PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Key to defending the Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrontSeven

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Is the key to defending the Colts Adalius?

I kinda think that since Dallas Clark may be their most reliable weapon when they line up against the Pats. Plus, I also thought that what Bill saw as our weak spot underneath coverage last January was the final reason he needed to go after Adalius.

Not that he needed extra reasons.

I'm just guessing, but I'm guessing that the pain in the ass Dallas Clark is the key to their offense against the Pats because we do have pretty good corners. With Stokely gone, Clark is at least the key to their success down the seam. Adalius certainly seems built for the task. He seems perfectly built for it. He's worth his entire salary if he shuts down, or even slows down Dallas Clark.

The other key is Richard because I think they stop the run much better when he plays, and I think that the Colts might be thinking "run" this Sunday. I think they know they have to take what we give them, and with our good covering DBs and Adalius, I think they may see run as a main weapon. We cannot allow them to eat the clock with some methodical kind of offense. Richard is back just in time.

Pressuring Manning is also key, and as far as the guys outside go, I don't think we have to sweat it. I don't expect Vrabel to repeat, but Colvin might be a key. We need somebody to get the pressure, and I'm not sure we will blitz often. If we do, it will be Rodney, and I think the Colts are fully aware of that. Still, if anybody on the radar screen can fool them, it's Wiley Coyote.

I'll just have to stick to my prediction that the Adalius-Clark matchup is the key to stopping them. I will not call it the key to the game because, frankly, I don't see the Colts being able to keep up with what the Pats' offense will do to them. They are going to lay a beat down on that defense that it will never forget.

Randall Gay will get the Dallas Clark assignment, just like he got the Chris Cooley assignment.

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill