PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Key player for the game: Andre Carter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
All the talk about the secondary the last few days, but I think the way to stop Roethlisberger comes in the front seven. It is no secret that Roethlisberger loves to roll out to his right. It is also no secret that if you keep him in the pocket, he becomes a far less effective as a QB.

I remember in 2007, Belichick gave Vrabel one assignment - cut off the lane for Roethlisberger to scramble right. Belichick didn't care if Vrabel hit him as long as he kept him in the pocket. It made Roethlisberger ineffective.

I know they usually line up Carter on the other side, but they might swap him since he is the best outside rusher. He would probably be the best one to do this assignment (Anderson might be another possibility).

Whoever has that assignment will be the key to the game on defense. I would assume Carter will get that duty.

All the talk about the secondary the last few days, but I think the way to stop Roethlisberger comes in the front seven. It is no secret that Roethlisberger loves to roll out to his right. It is also no secret that if you keep him in the pocket, he becomes a far less effective as a QB.

I remember in 2007, Belichick gave Vrabel one assignment - cut off the lane for Roethlisberger to scramble right. Belichick didn't care if Vrabel hit him as long as he kept him in the pocket. It made Roethlisberger ineffective.

I know they usually line up Carter on the other side, but they might swap him since he is the best outside rusher. He would probably be the best one to do this assignment (Anderson might be another possibility).

Whoever has that assignment will be the key to the game on defense. I would assume Carter will get that duty.

They need to make sure that Ellis is NOT the one with that Assignment. If it is Ellis, the Pats are gonna have some issues.. He proved he's not mobile enough to keep anyone from getting around him..

I would say that Ninkovich would also have this assignment on the other side because, while Ben loves to roll right, he can move left and be effective as well.

They need to make sure that Ellis is NOT the one with that Assignment. If it is Ellis, the Pats are gonna have some issues.. He proved he's not mobile enough to keep anyone from getting around him..

I would say that Ninkovich would also have this assignment on the other side because, while Ben loves to roll right, he can move left and be effective as well.

I agree Ellis is not the man for the job. Maybe they use Mayo at it at times, but I don't know how much speed he will have.

if it is indeed carter, i like that.

he has been playing very well the last few weeks and his play along with the rest of the front seven will be key in getting to the steelers quarterback before he can scramble about and hold the ball long enough to allow those speedy wide receivers time to get open downfield.

Wouldn't Ninko bump Heath Miller and basically play that spy role ?

It will be Ellis or Deaderick in the base. In the sub it figures to be Cunnigham or Anderson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes