Welcome to PatsFans.com

Kevin Tillman, Pats Bro, speaks out against the war...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Oct 21, 2006.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +429 / 12 / -26

Letter written by Kevin Tillman, one the eve of his brother's birthday, guess he has come full circle. The first source is the newspaper it was printed in, which then give the link to Truthdig(a lefty source) where Kevin's letter is found.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/1020tillman-ON-CP.html

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/200601019_after_pats_birthday/

It is Pat’s birthday on November 6, and elections are the day after. It gets me thinking about a conversation I had with Pat before we joined the military. He spoke about the risks with signing the papers. How once we committed, we were at the mercy of the American leadership and the American people. How we could be thrown in a direction not of our volition. How fighting as a soldier would leave us without a voice… until we got out.

Much has happened since we handed over our voice:

Somehow we were sent to invade a nation because it was a direct threat to the American people, or to the world, or harbored terrorists, or was involved in the September 11 attacks, or received weapons-grade uranium from Niger, or had mobile weapons labs, or WMD, or had a need to be liberated, or we needed to establish a democracy, or stop an insurgency, or stop a civil war we created that can’t be called a civil war even though it is. Something like that.

Somehow our elected leaders were subverting international law and humanity by setting up secret prisons around the world, secretly kidnapping people, secretly holding them indefinitely, secretly not charging them with anything, secretly torturing them. Somehow that overt policy of torture became the fault of a few “bad apples†in the military.

Somehow back at home, support for the soldiers meant having a five-year-old kindergartener scribble a picture with crayons and send it overseas, or slapping stickers on cars, or lobbying Congress for an extra pad in a helmet. It’s interesting that a soldier on his third or fourth tour should care about a drawing from a five-year-old; or a faded sticker on a car as his friends die around him; or an extra pad in a helmet, as if it will protect him when an IED throws his vehicle 50 feet into the air as his body comes apart and his skin melts to the seat.

2. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +102 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

Even though I disagree with Kevin Tillman, he has earned the right to say what he wants, unlike others who criticize but never could nut up(AAB). And at least he doesn't through his fellow soldiers under the bus in his criticizm(Murtha,Kerry, mikey & NEM).

3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

Kevin has earned the right to his opinion. Reading the letter, I am amazed that he would volunteer to join the Rangers after a tour in Iraq given the way he characterizes it in his letter.

IIRC correctly kevin and Pat went to Ranger school BEFORE, their tour in Iraq. I will look into that. That would be a discrepency between the timeline in the letter and what theyactually did?

4. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I thought the Tillman bros served in Afghanistan?

5. Turd Furguson

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Military men who speak out in favor of Iraq = Brainwashed

Military men who speak out against Iraq = Genious

Is that about it?

6. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Turd..i sent you a PM

7. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Boy NEM..you got alot out of my previous post. All i did was tell Turd that i sent him a PM...how you interpreted that into a debate over the war..i dunno...?

8. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Sorry NEM, the dems will not win in Nov, Bush will not be put in front of a firing squad. And as far as the whole "respected and valued nation in a world of nations", That doesnt mean jack sh*t to people who think the USA is the best country in the world (IE Conservatives). George Bush has done more to protect us from terrorism since Ronald Regan.

Tell me NEM, how have YOU PERSONALLY suffered from Bush? Are you paying more taxes? Is a loaf of bread $5? Did Bush take your drivers liscense from you? I just wonder how you have so much anger torwards someone you have never met, who doesnt even know who you are....what gives?

9. Turd Furguson

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

NEM like Mikey, loves pointing out soldiers deaths. It helps make their points and as an added bonus (as Mikey once pointed out), it means less Bush supporters.

Love that support the left gives our troops.

10. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I think its interesting how most soldiers who are discharged or not in service anymore come out and talk about how messed up the situation is. You don't hear too many ex military personel praising our plan for Iraq, and the direction the invasion has taken their country. These articles and personal accounts of whats going on are important information for the uninformed.

Reading the Sports Illustrated article about Pat Tillman, I came away believing that he too would be an anti-Iraq war advocate when he was able to speak. Listen to the Tillmans.

Those who dis the opinons of them and believe that this administration looks out for you, your family and the next generation, all because they are 'conservative' or 'republican' are seriously messed up. We have all been lied to, and taken to the cleaners. Unless you are in the richest 1% of the country, you've been had.

STAY THE COURSE!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2006
  11. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Heard about Redress on the radio this morning....

CRazy!

Did this happen douring any other war in american history?

12. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +102 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

What would of happened if there was an interenet around during WWII, we probably would of lost.

Should of guessed it was these moonbats.

For two guys who are not in touch with todays military, you sure think you know us!

13. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +102 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

Or some bigoted old fool from Arizona that believe everything that left-wing hate America gabage sites tell him.

That hillbilly protects your ass EVERYDAY, for you to mock a serviceman like that just shows how far you will stoop for your party, GO TO HELL!

14. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

What would HAVE happened, or you can also contract the word ... like this:
    WOULD'VE

I hope you are just 'saying' you were in the military to make your point sound that much more effective. but you seem to have a lot of computer time for a guy who bleeds the constitution, and not a firm grasp on the contents of the document you defend. I recall Bill Oreiley saying he had been 'in combat'...trying to make himself sound like he had military pedigree. Only to find out that he was near some gunfire once.

And talk about not being "in touch'....dude....your 'brothers' are about to protest a war they are currently fighting, and you seem to have no clue why.

PS
    and who the F&^K uses the word Moonbats?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2006
  15. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

Hey yo yo RFIEL is active military and has served in Iraq. So instead of continuing to be so stupid just say Thank You to FRIEL for protecting your right to spout your uninformed opinions and move on.

16. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

I have no reason to not believe him, are you calling PFIEL a liar?

Well he has first hand knowledge that you and I don't have. Gooven the number of soldiers who have served I have no doubt you could dig up a few who are against the war and or the way it has been conducted. So if you get what 20-30? for the left's little protest out of what 200,000 who have been in Iraq and Afganistan? BFD. IMO PFIEL's views represent the vast majority of people in the military.

Well the left in this country and world wide have been wrong for the past 90 years and it isn't playing as far as I can see. Too bad they spend so much energy trying to undermine their own country and the safety of their fellow citizens.

17. Phokus

Phokus Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

People who still support bush and this war = deranged minority.

18. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

You identify with my statement?

Truth hurts?

19. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,149 / 13 / -27

#87 Jersey

And women say they only have eyes and brains...now I see they have ears???

20. Turk

Turk Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Does every discussion have to be good guys vs bad guys, to you?

Most people realize sometime in their life, that life itself is not black and white, but a whole bunch of shades of gray.

You must love comic books where it is so simple to identify the hero.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2006