PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kevin Faulk's Youth Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Box_O_Rocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070630/SPORTS/706300333/1006
This group of NFL players were doing exactly what new NFL commissioner Roger Goodell would like.

Cousins Kevin Faulk and Trev Faulk were running their annual youth football camp for free with four of their NFL friends Friday at Lafayette High.

That's the image the new commissioner wants. It's something the Faulk cousins began long before Goodell took over the league's reins, but it's still the message Faulk and their friends have heard loud and clear.
Joining them at the camp were former LSU teammates Bradie James of the Dallas Cowboys, Devery Henderson of the New Orleans Saints, Eric Alexander of the New England Patriots and Norman LeJeune of the Indianapolis Colts.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070630/SPORTS/706300334/1006
"I think it's just good for the kids to see that if you work hard and have a positive attitude, good things can happen for you," former Carencro and LSU standout Kevin Faulk said.

"We didn't have this kind of opportunity growing up, so when I had the chance to do this, I jumped on it," the New England Patriots' tailback added.

The thing that makes the Faulks' camp special, besides getting one-on-one instruction from an NFL player, is that it's completely free.

I saw Faulk featured on TV where he took the Patriots All Access crew around his old LA township. He's worked hard to give back significantly to his community. He also signed a slightly below market deal years back to stay with the Patriots. He's a guy grounded in solid lifetime values, unlike many players focused on instant personal gratification. Good job by his parents and significant figures in his upbringing.

Faulk is a good guy. The NFL needs more like him.

Faulk is a good guy. The NFL needs more like him.

And Wes Welker. And Tedy Bruschi. And AD Thomas. And Larry Izzo. And . . .

BB and SP sure have made it easy to root for this team. :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back