PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kevin Faulk

Status
Not open for further replies.
brady2brown said:
Ha! He asks for specifics but when you give them to him he changes the subject so that you are not talking about faulk at all. Probably learned it at an early age:

Mommy: Little Pats1, did you eat those cookies after I told you not to? You're a naughty boy.

Little Pats1: There are serial killers out there and you're worried about cookies? Talk to them. They're naughty. Before you call me naughty you need a specific example.

Mommy: You and the missing cookies is a specific example. You deserve a time out for that.

Little Pats1: Kids eat cookies all the time. After you eat anything you could say it is missing. Tom Brady ate lasagna and now it's missing. Daddy ate a pizza and now it's missing. Daddy missed a day of work when he was sick. Matt Light missed a block. By your logic you are saying that all these people are naughty and deserve a time out.

Mommy: I'm afraid you're going to grow up and be an annoying person when the internet is invented!

I'll have to check the tape on that one. Don't remember it being a negative for Faulk, so I'm still waiting. ;)

Last edited:
Murphys95 said:
You've completely cheapened this discussion by getting personal.
Oh, chill out and quit being so melodramtic. It was a joke paralleling discussions here. "Completely cheapened the discussion." Don't be silly. Completely? I'd say the discussions were cheapened only about 30%. 40 tops.

Murphys95 said:
just back your argument with facts.
Facts? You can't stand the facts.

Murphys95 said:
you can continue to root against him if you choose to do so.
I'm not rooting against Faulk! I never said that at all, and it isn't true. I said he is more of a hindrance than a help to the Patriots, and chokes in pressure situations. That is not rooting against him. That is observing and reporting. I never rooted against anyone wearing a Patriots uniform. I am a staunch supporter of the Pats and hope they win every game they play. That's why I don't want Faulk on the team. I want them to win more games. But I never rooted against him and never said I did.

You've completely cheapened this discussion by lying about me. Well, you've cheapened it by at least 66.7% Certainly more than I cheapened it by! Plus my cheapening was funny. Yours wasn't.

brady2brown said:
Oh, chill out and quit being so melodramtic. It was a joke paralleling discussions here. "Completely cheapened the discussion." Don't be silly. Completely? I'd say the discussions were cheapened only about 30%. 40 tops.

Can't you just discuss Kevin Faulk without making annoying and worthless "jokes?"

brady2brown said:

You want the facts? He gave them to you in a clear, year-by-year format.

The best you could do was "I think I remember that that play went sort of like that."

brady2brown said:
I'm not rooting against Faulk! I never said that at all, and it isn't true.

Blatant lie. That foolish thread you made yesterday proved it. Don't even try to defend the obvious fact you have some type of agenda against Faulk.

brady2brown said:
I said he is more of a hindrance than a help to the Patriots, and chokes in pressure situations.

And you supported that argument with nothing but fluff.

brady2brown said:
That is not rooting against him. That is observing and reporting. I never rooted against anyone wearing a Patriots uniform. I am a staunch supporter of the Pats and hope they win every game they play. That's why I don't want Faulk on the team. I want them to win more games. But I never rooted against him and never said I did.

It's rooting against him when you don't present a valid case, and instead dance around the facts, make moronic "jokes," and create a half-satirical poll on "Which way he'll screw up the next game," which, of course, got no response and is now sinking quickly down the second page.

Again, don't even try to say you're not rooting against him. Don't even say you're observing, because it's obvious you've blatantly ignored 99% of what Faulk has done and is doing.

brady2brown said:
You've completely cheapened this discussion by lying about me. Well, you've cheapened it by at least 66.7% Certainly more than I cheapened it by! Plus my cheapening was funny. Yours wasn't.

Murphys has done nothing but present a clear and concise arugment around every corner, asking you to provide evidence that you simply can't produce. So you resort to "funny" name-calling. That's cheapening the discussion. That's a mark of defeat.

Last edited:
The way I see it -- as Faulk goes, so goes the Patriots' offense.

When he is on, we are basically invincible, especially in the two-minute offense. He has demonstrated great hands, elusiveness, speed, and picks up yardage in critical times.

When he is off, things go bad quickly.

pats1 said:
If you want to talk about a huge momentum turner during that game, look no further than late in the 3rd quarter.

Pats drive 73 yards to the Denver 5. A touchdown would put the Pats ahead likely going into the 4th quarter.

Brady throws an interception.

Instead, the Pats are down 11 points with 16 minutes to play.

Not a fair comparison. Faulk handles the ball much less than Brady. If Brady had the same TO ratio as faulk, then things wouldn't have been too pretty over the years.

PaulNEPats said:
Not a fair comparison. Faulk handles the ball much less than Brady. If Brady had the same TO ratio as faulk, then things wouldn't have been too pretty over the years.

I'm not fighting the fact that Faulk's fumble rate is high.

What I am arguing is that Faulk's fumble was the big shift in the Denver game, or more generally, that his fumbles have caused losses in the past.

brady2brown said:

I'm not rooting against Faulk! I never said that at all, and it isn't true. I said he is more of a hindrance than a help to the Patriots, and chokes in pressure situations. That is not rooting against him. That is observing and reporting. I never rooted against anyone wearing a Patriots uniform. I am a staunch supporter of the Pats and hope they win every game they play. That's why I don't want Faulk on the team. I want them to win more games. But I never rooted against him and never said I did.

You aren't funny at all but don't take that personally, I'm just observing and reporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back