PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kevin Faulk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger44

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
You can't place the loss on him, but was his head in the game? He caused two picks because he couldn't pull the ball in. So maybe they were not the best throws, but he still should have had both catches. He cannot play this type of football. When need him to be the consistant veteran that he should be. I am just ranting because I am annoyed at him, but it seems like if he doesn't fumble he does this stuff. We cannot afford for him to play trash football.

Consistent? Consistent at KILLING this team in big games, is more like it. I don't care how good he can be at times, this guy is too much of a gamble to put in there with the game on the line. Just like in Denver, he killed us.

I've had enough of Faulk. Sad to say but his negatives just outweigh his positives. And you know he still has one more big fumble yet to come this season. In the offseason I'd try to trade him for a 6th round pick in 2007 or a 5th round pick in 2008. His contract is at the point where trading him wouldn't be a big salary cap issue.

PaulNEPats said:
Consistent? Consistent at KILLING this team in big games, is more like it. I don't care how good he can be at times, this guy is too much of a gamble to put in there with the game on the line. Just like in Denver, he killed us.

Hey guy chill out. This is not a bash Faulk thread. Try reading what I wrote. "he needs to be the consistant vet he SHOULD be." With your login Brady is killing us because of the Champ int then loast nights ints. Maybe we shoulf dump him too.

BelichickFan said:
I've had enough of Faulk. Sad to say but his negatives just outweigh his positives. And you know he still has one more big fumble yet to come this season. In the offseason I'd try to trade him for a 6th round pick in 2007 or a 5th round pick in 2008. His contract is at the point where trading him wouldn't be a big salary cap issue.

You are running on emotion and thats ok. If his head is in the game he is very dangerous, and the one of the best 3rd down backs in the game. Bid IF.

Digger44 said:
Hey guy chill out. This is not a bash Faulk thread. Try reading what I wrote. "he needs to be the consistant vet he SHOULD be." With your login Brady is killing us because of the Champ int then loast nights ints. Maybe we shoulf dump him too.

Way to put words in my mouth. And I'm sorry, but when I see a thread dubbed, "Kevin Faulk," I figure the aforementioned name is up for discussion. Sorry it didn't follow the strict, rigid guidelines you set in place.

Last edited:
PaulNEPats said:
Way to put words in my mouth. And I'm sorry, but when I see a thread dubbed, "Kevin Faulk," I figure the aforementioned name is up for discussion. Sorry it didn't follow the strict, rigid guidelines you set in place.

Thats not it at all. You post implied that I refered to Falk as a consistant Vet. Just read what a person writes and then logically respond. Good answer you had for the Brady point huh?

Digger44 said:
You are running on emotion and thats ok. If his head is in the game he is very dangerous, and the one of the best 3rd down backs in the game. Bid IF.
No I'm not. When you take his Positive minus Negative so don't end up with a very postitive score. Certainly not worth his cap value.

Kevin Faulk = dead man walking.

Cut this phuck nut asap!!!!

I've been saying this for years now.

This guy just can't produce when he is needed.

First the fumbles... now the no catches.

This guy s u c k s a s s!!!!

He needs to be out of here...

My question is:

Why in the hell did Brady even consider throwing to the c u n t????

Last edited:
For years I've called him Kevin "What The" Faulk.

It's not the 1st time that Brady has gunned HIGH passes to the 5'7" Faulk over the middle and not even the 2nd game where the result was a tipped ball and an INT. If you throw over the middle into a crown, THROW LOW!!!

PaulNEPats said:
I liked Faulk for a long time, defended him when he couldn't hold onto the ball back in the 2000 time frame, but he killled us in the fourth quarter.

I agree that you cannot pin the blame for the entire game on him, but if he had been inactive, I believe in my heart that we would have won that game. I sincerely hope he is inactive for a new games with one caveat: they don't activate Pass as a replacement :D

Pinning the game on Faulk (which is strangely becoming commonplace) is foolish and naive. Without Faulk, the entire dynamic of the offense would be shifted.

pats1 said:
Pinning the game on Faulk (which is strangely becoming commonplace) is foolish and naive. Without Faulk, the entire dynamic of the offense would be shifted.

Thats a fair statement, but I'm not sure I agree. First, Dillon and Maroney can both catch out of the backfield. So can Pass.

We also spent our third and fourth round picks this year on players to catch balls out of the backfield. It's time for Mills to get on the field and for Thomas to start making a play here and there.

I'm not saying that Faulk is expendable, but I am saying that we have other options and most of them are likely more reliable.

D-cleater said:
Thats a fair statement, but I'm not sure I agree. First, Dillon and Maroney can both catch out of the backfield. So can Pass.

We also spent our third and fourth round picks this year on players to catch balls out of the backfield. It's time for Mills to get on the field and for Thomas to start making a play here and there.

I'm not saying that Faulk is expendable, but I am saying that we have other options and most of them are likely more reliable.

You'd want Dillon at RB on 3rd and long? You'd want Mills and Thomas at RB period?

(And how often to the Pats use a FB, especially on 3rd down?)

That leaves Maroney and Faulk. If Maroney is getting work on 1st and 2nd down as well as kick returns, Faulk is the remaining option. And he's been one of Brady's favorite and dependable bail-out guys for years and years now.

I think Kevin has been a great asset to the team over the years yet I am to the point I can longer defend him. I think he would have been sent to the dog house if he were on other teams. His fumbles to run attempts is too high and his tip cost us last night.

Last edited:
Faulk scares me and he always will. When he's running with the ball I yell at the TV "hang onto it". I think the worst when he has the ball. He'll never change that.

With that said he does come up with big plays now and again. Great catch in week one against Buffalo where he causes matchup problems with teams. And Brady seems to trust him.

This game wasn't on Faulk. The offensive play calling was awful and the offensive execution was worse.

pats1 said:

He's won us ball games over the years. He's also made some costly mistakes over the years. What more is there to say? I love the guy, but he can drive you nuts.

Making catches is rarely a problem for Faulk, he's hauled in some crazy catches, so I'm willing to give him a pass for not bringing down those two passes last night - neither were quite accurate, but both were admittedly MUST catches, particularly considering the situation.

Maroney has a long way to go to prove he can take over Faulk's role - that double fake reverse screen pass that had Madden in fits - if Maroney catches that pass, and I think he could have, he probably rips off about 15-20 yards there.

BradyManny2344 said:
He's won us ball games over the years. He's also made some costly mistakes over the years. What more is there to say? I love the guy, but he can drive you nuts.

Making catches is rarely a problem for Faulk, he's hauled in some crazy catches, so I'm willing to give him a pass for not bringing down those two passes last night - neither were quite accurate, but both were admittedly MUST catches, particularly considering the situation.

Maroney has a long way to go to prove he can take over Faulk's role - that double fake reverse screen pass that had Madden in fits - if Maroney catches that pass, and I think he could have, he probably rips off about 15-20 yards there.

I am not sure where this idea of LoMo taking Faulk's role comes from???
Who wants LoMo to take Faulk's role? LoMo is a Superstar in the making as a number one RB. Faulk has always been a 3rd down back and kick returner. Why do you want LoMo to become a 3rd down back? That would be a total waste of a first round draft pick. We are expecting LoMo to be another LT not Kevin Faulk.

BradyManny2344 said:
You just described Drew Beldsoe, not Kevin Faulk. Bledsoe won games and drove us nuts. Faulk, along with 44 other guys, participated in games and helped, but to say he won games for us is a bit over the top.

The guy had been very helpful over the years, but now he is causing more harm than good. There comes a time to look that fact in the face and admit it out loud. Otherwise you fill your team with guys that used to be helpful but are now hindrances.

Gratitude is fine, and I am grateful to Faulk. I am also grateful for all that Gino Cappilletti did, and Nellie and Grogan etc etc, but I don't want them suiting up for us against the Jets.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that players should not be on the team "because of all they have done for us." They should be on the team because they give us the best chance of winning.

This isn't over-emotional Faulk bashing like Digger44 said. It is a cold hard football analysis of of his abilities and liabilities. The facts say it's time to say, "Good-bye."

brady2brown said:
You just described Drew Beldsoe, not Kevin Faulk. Bledsoe won games and drove us nuts. Faulk, along with 44 other guys, participated in games and helped, but to say he won games for us is a bit over the top.

The guy had been very helpful over the years, but now he is causing more harm than good. There comes a time to look that fact in the face and admit it out loud. Otherwise you fill your team with guys that used to be helpful but are now hindrances.

Gratitude is fine, and I am grateful to Faulk. I am also grateful for all that Gino Cappilletti did, and Nellie and Grogan etc etc, but I don't want them suiting up for us against the Jets.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that players should not be on the team "because of all they have done for us." They should be on the team because they give us the best chance of winning.

This isn't over-emotional Faulk bashing like Digger44 said. It is a cold hard football analysis of of his abilities and liabilities. The facts say it's time to say, "Good-bye."

When in the world was this "turning point" when Faulk suddenly changed over from a "help" to a "hinderance?!?"

His 19 receptions are a hiderance?

His 13.4 yd. punt return average - 3rd in the league - is a hinderance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back