PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kevin Faulk pleads no contest, given probation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Studies have not been able to link Marijuana to cancer but don't let facts get in the way. I am not sure about psycosis either but never heard any facts so can't dispute.

http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/9808/18/marijuana.cancer/

http://www.vision.org/visionmedia/article.aspx?id=4128

In the interest of full disclosure, there are studies that have found no link. However, your claim that studies have not been able to make the link is simply wrong. Some have and some haven't.

http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/9808/18/marijuana.cancer/

http://www.vision.org/visionmedia/article.aspx?id=4128

In the interest of full disclosure, there are studies that have found no link. However, your claim that studies have not been able to make the link is simply wrong. Some have and some haven't.

oops you aree right I should have worded my statement differently. All I meant was that there are studies saying that pot doesn't cause Cancer. Dumb of me to say the opposite because obviously the studies are out there.

oops you aree right I should have worded my statement differently. All I meant was that there are studies saying that pot doesn't cause Cancer. Dumb of me to say the opposite because obviously the studies are out there.

Off topic, but I was very surprised to see this paragraph. I don't mean to comment on the poster, just this board in general. If there were more people who said things like this ("Oh, on second thought you're right; I just made a small mistake"), things would be different around here.

Sorry for the interruption...

Off topic, but I was very surprised to see this paragraph. I don't mean to comment on the poster, just this board in general. If there were more people who said things like this ("Oh, on second thought you're right; I just made a small mistake"), things would be different around here.

Sorry for the interruption...
I started to read this and I was like here we go bring it....but you are right alot of times me being a big culprit we continue to argue with someone who isn't going to budge. Sometimes I feel like people aren't even trying to convince the other person as much as just find someone on the board to agree with them.

Wasn't it someone else's jacket?? Or was that forgotten....or is that just a rumor??

It's always someone else's jacket and it always fits perfectly.

It's always someone else's jacket and it always fits perfectly.

It's not mine. I wouldn't wear a jacket like this. Oh wait.

Its always easy to tell who does and doesn't smoke pot on messageboards

I've never smoked pot in my life and it still infuriates me that it's illegal when alcohol is legal. Need the argument go beyond the simple fact of which one kills more people a year per use?

At the same time if I'm a professional athelete hauling in tons of bucks I'd probably hold off until I was done with the league before I went back to toking up. Half a decade or so of sobreity isn't going to kill you.

Yeah.

How dare people like pot.

That's right up there with those douchebags who like alcohol.
Are you kidding?

You think that buy a six pack is the same thing as getting caught with an illegal drug?

Whatever you opinion of booze or drugs, you really need to learn the difference between legal and illegal, and what it can do to a professional NFL player whose chance to earn millions is very short.

This is likely Faulk's last year. He'll make about $3 mil. How stupid is it to chance losing $3 million dollars because you can't wait a year before smoking it? Is pot that powerful or is Faulk that stupid?

Are you kidding?

You think that buy a six pack is the same thing as getting caught with an illegal drug?

Whatever you opinion of booze or drugs, you really need to learn the difference between legal and illegal, and what it can do to a professional NFL player whose chance to earn millions is very short.

This is likely Faulk's last year. He'll make about $3 mil. How stupid is it to chance losing $3 million dollars because you can't wait a year before smoking it? Is pot that powerful or is Faulk that stupid?
The point being....

It is ridiculous that pot is illegal when it is really no more harmful than booze (and they already tried to make that illegal and that move failed miserably).

Then you rub salt in the wound when you judge NFL players strictly on what is legal vs illegal, vs what is dangerous and what is not dangerous. Relatively that is. Sure pot can impair you, but so can booze.

IMHO pot and alcohol abuse should be treated equally by the league. The reason it's not has more to do with the league's self image than reality.

IMHO pot and alcohol abuse should be treated equally by the league. The reason it's not has more to do with the league's self image than reality.

Neither alcohol nor marijuana is considered to be a performance enhancer, to the best of my knowledge. Alcohol, however, continues to be legal and marijuana continues to be illegal. Treating them the same under those current circumstances would be moronic. It should be noted, however, that under the NFL CBA, alcohol is tested for and proscribed under certain conditions.

The point being....

It is ridiculous that pot is illegal when it is really no more harmful than big mac (and they already tried to make that illegal and that move failed miserably).

I worded that differently for you because while it pot is no more harmful for you than booze, I think booze is much more harmful than pot and thought it would be better to compare to something like a big mac (which still may be more harmful)

Then you rub salt in the wound when you judge NFL players strictly on what is legal vs illegal, vs what is dangerous and what is not dangerous. Relatively that is. Sure pot can impair you, but so can booze.

How do you change what is Illegal if you can't question it? if youu say iot is wrong simply because it is the law than nothing changes. I mean Slavery was once legall if no one questioned it how would it have changed?

Last edited:
I don't have access to that from where I am. However, I'll pull a New York Times article showing that there is an alcohol abuse policy going all the way back to Rozelle:

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=950DE1DC1231F931A15750C0A96F948260

Unless my memory on this topic has failed me, however, and it's getting busted but not getting tested, Odell Thurman and Koren Robinson should serve as two examples.

Thanks. Did you notice this from that article:

In other developments, the teams voted by 21-7 in favor of a new crowd noise rule effective this season. When an offensive team cannot hear its quarterback calling signals because of crowd noise, he can appeal to the referee, who in turn will use a wireless microphone to ask the crowd to quiet down.

If the noise continues and the offense still cannot run a play, the home team will lose a timeout and will continue to lose them until they are all consumed. When no timeouts remain, the home team will be assessed a 5-yard penalty for delay of game.

WTF??? That sounds like something from the Onion. :eek:

In other developments, the teams voted by 21-7 in favor of a new crowd noise rule effective this season. When an offensive team cannot hear its quarterback calling signals because of crowd noise, he can appeal to the referee, who in turn will use a wireless microphone to ask the crowd to quiet down.

If the noise continues and the offense still cannot run a play, the home team will lose a timeout and will continue to lose them until they are all consumed. When no timeouts remain, the home team will be assessed a 5-yard penalty for delay of game.

What if the visiting team can somehow stuff the stadium? They could just make noise until the score was 200-0 or so.

What if the visiting team can somehow stuff the stadium? They could just make noise until the score was 200-0 or so.

Well, here are a couple of articles on this stuff from 2006:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawks/2003266386_hawkchart20web.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/24/sports/football/24noise.html

I worded that differently for you because while it pot is no more harmful for you than booze, I think booze is much more harmful than pot and thought it would be better to compare to something like a big mac (which still may be more harmful)
What I said was logically the same. "Pot is no more harmful than booze" if read literally can be pot lays somewhere between being-less-harmful and as-harmful-but-not-more-harmful than booze.

How do you change what is Illegal if you can't question it? if youu say iot is wrong simply because it is the law than nothing changes. I mean Slavery was once legall if no one questioned it how would it have changed?
Exactly.

Neither alcohol nor marijuana is considered to be a performance enhancer, to the best of my knowledge. Alcohol, however, continues to be legal and marijuana continues to be illegal. Treating them the same under those current circumstances would be moronic. It should be noted, however, that under the NFL CBA, alcohol is tested for and proscribed under certain conditions.
Moronic only in that one is illegal and the other isn't. And IMHO, this situation in itself is moronic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back