PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kevin Faulk officially suspended 1 game, fined [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kevin Faulk suspended, fined

Well nuclear IS my field of work, but Deus Irae just assumed I designed web pages like he does :D

1.) Your field is unimportant for purposes of the discussion.

2.) I don't design web pages

3.) You've gotten pretty much everything wrong on this thread.

4.) If you're going to pull that "could effect safety" crap, you'd better be prepared to have your entire life controlled by your company. Your argument is pathetic, but let's pretend it's not.....

http://www.thefabricator.com/Safety/Safety_Article.cfm?ID=1111

Using your argument, your company would be right, and smart, to mandate your sleeping and waking hours.

You also should be barred from having any alcohol, ever. You should never be allowed to get any prescription medications which have any impact on awareness or function (which is pretty much anything but antibiotics). Your body weight and shape should be regulated by your boss as well:

http://www.nature.com/oby/index.html

Your company should also mandate your remaining single, since home issues can have a significant impact upon your job performance.

I read every single one.

You're making the comparison of your workplace to Kevin Faulk's.

You also called Kevin Faulk a user.

He said he wasn't smoking it, and guess what, he submitted to tests, and they came up negative. He was also wearing his cousin's jacket at the concert, and the jays were in the jacket. Normally, I'd call that a flimsy excuse, but that becomes a lot more viable when the person volunteers for testing and the tests come up clean.

The commissioner is a frackin' idiot.

Wrong on both your points. I never tried to connect my workplace to the NFL (Deus Irae did), and I never called Kevin Faulk a user. Man you couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

1.) Your field is unimportant for purposes of the discussion.

2.) I don't design web pages

3.) You've gotten pretty much everything wrong on this thread.

4.) If you're going to pull that "could effect safety" crap, you'd better be prepared to have your entire life controlled by your company. Your argument is pathetic, but let's pretend it's not.....

http://www.thefabricator.com/Safety/Safety_Article.cfm?ID=1111

Using your argument, your company would be right, and smart, to mandate your sleeping and waking hours.

You also should be barred from having any alcohol, ever. You should never be allowed to get any prescription medications which have any impact on awareness or function (which is pretty much anything but antibiotics). Your body weight and shape should be regulated by your boss as well:

http://www.nature.com/oby/index.html

Your company should also mandate your remaining single, since home issues can have a significant impact upon your job performance.

The ramblings of a desperate and defeated soul.......

Wrong on both your points. I never tried to connect my workplace to the NFL (Deus Irae did), and I never called Kevin Faulk a user. Man you couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

Stop deliberately misrepresenting what I've posted.

Last edited:

The ramblings of a desperate and defeated soul.......

Wow, you really are clueless on this matter. I thought you were just being stubborn.

Stop deliberately misrepresenting what I've posted.

It seems to be your hobby......but for the record:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showpost.php?p=989472&postcount=23

As for what punishment, let's have me take away 1/8th of your annual salary over a misdemeanor possession offense, and then we'll talk.

Maybe you should inform yourself about what others do for a living before you make such brash statements.

Wow, you really are clueless on this matter. I thought you were just being stubborn.

you are the one that treats public safety as nonsense, yet you are calling others clueless....back to the webpages with you

It seems to be your hobby......but for the record:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showpost.php?p=989472&postcount=23

Maybe you should inform yourself about what others do for a living before you make such brash statements.

Given that I didn't try to connect your job to the NFL, this gibberish above is, as has been the case of your argument all thread, irrelevant and wrong. And, before you try claiming this is not the case, feel free to note your own post, #33, which is where your "nuclear" job was injected into the conversation. Prior to that, the closest I'd come to talking about your job was discussing you losing salary. That had nothing to do with the particulars of any job.

Last edited:

you are the one that treats public safety as nonsense, yet you are calling others clueless....back to the webpages with you

Another deliberate misrepresentation. I guess when you can't win on the fact, you just lie about the arguments, huh?

Did they change the drug policy to call for 1 game suspension and 2 game check fines? I don't recall seeing that.

Obviously he's not being suspended for using since he wasn't tested by the league and had his own test done to prove he was not using.

So this is just Commissioner Badass coming down hard on a first offense misdemeanor arrest. Hope the rest of the league is prepared for the same treatment. :rolleyes: By mid season we could be playing 40 man rosters...

BTW the most potentially life threatening statement in this thread was when richie revealed he has unmonitored access to enter the nations nuclear power plants...:eek:

BTW the most potentially life threatening statement in this thread was when richie revealed he has unmonitored access to enter the nations nuclear power plants...:eek:

Go away Jets fan ;)

I think with that username we would have uncovered you sooner, no? LOL

Last edited:

Given that I didn't try to connect your job to the NFL, this gibberish above is, as has been the case of your argument all thread, irrelevant and wrong. And, before you try claiming this is not the case, feel free to note your own post, #33, which is where your "nuclear" job was injected into the conversation. Prior to that, the closest I'd come to talking about your job was discussing you losing salary. That had nothing to do with the particulars of any job.

Squirm all you want little fish, you're not going back in the water on this one.

Yes, it DOES have to do with the particulars, but you don't seem to be concerned with that kinda stuff.

Another deliberate misrepresentation. I guess when you can't win on the fact, you just lie about the arguments, huh?

I've already won, and I didn't need to lie. You lost badly yet continue to lie. Bad habit for you.

Obviously he's not being suspended for using since he wasn't tested by the league and had his own test done to prove he was not using.

So this is just Commissioner Badass coming down hard on a first offense misdemeanor arrest. Hope the rest of the league is prepared for the same treatment. :rolleyes: By mid season we could be playing 40 man rosters...

Don't you get it? Faulk had to be punished because misdemeanor possession had nothing to do with TMI or Cherynobyl.

Sheesh!

Don't you get it? Faulk had to be punished because misdemeanor possession had nothing to do with TMI or Cherynobyl.

Sheesh!

The fish out of water, everyone

I think you need to get checked for radiation.

It's about the same as you standing next to the microwave everyday waiting for your popcorn to finish popping.

I could be wrong on this, but the NFL Substance Abuse policy has to do with public image and pressure from the federal government 15 or 20 years ago, more than anything else, in my opinion. Once the NFLPA agreed to it, it's now almost impossible to remove, because the negative publicity would be akin to condoning the use of illegal recreational drugs.

Faulk is being punished for bringing negative publicity to the NFL. Performance enhancing drugs carry a longer suspension due to integrity of the game issues, as well as causing a ripple effect that result in other players feeling that they too need to use PED in order to remain competitive.

To the RichPats - Deus debate, it's a political discussion. Deus believes in individual freedom - 'what I do in the privacy of my own home' - outweighs Rich's belief of 'benefit to the nation as a whole is more important than individual rights'. There's no absolute right or wrong on this, just differing opinions.

I will say that I disagree with the 'it's against the law, end of story' sentiment. There are many laws that are disregarded (pre-marital sex or cohabitation, for example) and others that don't generate a suspension, but this - a victimless crime - nets a suspension due to politics.

I agree but the policy is wrong. You can run around punching women in the face but smoking weed gets you suspended. That's some pretty poor prioritizing. I don't really blame Goodell in this situation though.

HELLO.. Adam Jones was suspended for a full year because of his shannanigans.. Stop acting like he wasn't punished in any way. I don't care for him as a person, but at least be friggin honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back