PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kevin Faulk officially suspended 1 game, fined [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm, no. The point is that terrible accidents can happen even when workers aren't under the influence, that's why the NRC takes these precautions.

Ok, now you're trying to rival one inane post of yours with another. And succeeding.

It would be wicked pissah if this Forum had a section called "Room" so in cases like this we could just say "Get a room!" and the guys could have at each other away from prying eyes.

Ok, now you're trying to rival one inane post of yours with another. And succeeding.

So what kind of webpages does your company design again? Safe for work or not? :D

Deus Irae should concede defeat, he is rambling.

Re: Kevin Faulk suspended, fined

About as relevant as your *****ing and moaning about Goodell.

Go back to designing your webpages or whatever your "company" does.

Goodell is the one who is responsible for the punishments. By no means was my post irrelevant, particularly since I was an O.P. (2 threads were merged). Seriously, you're all but incoherent on this thread.

Last edited:
It would be wicked pissah if this Forum had a section called "Room" so in cases like this we could just say "Get a room!" and the guys could have at each other away from prying eyes.

Well Deus Irae seems to think that the nuclear power industry should hire Cheech and Chong and have them manning the control rooms at our nuke facilities - I guess he is just misguided, designing web pages will do that :D

Goodell is the one who is responsible for the punishments. By no means was my post irrelevant, particularly since I was an O.P. (2 threads were merged). Seriously, you're all but incoherent on this thread.

I think you crossed into incoherent-ville when you said the public's safety was nonsense.

I see you base your knowledge of nuclear power on The Simpsons, congratulations.

You're trying to connect Kevin Faulk smoking pot to nuclear meltdowns, sorry if you remind me a little of Homer.

You're trying to connect Kevin Faulk smoking pot to nuclear meltdowns, sorry if you remind me a little of Homer.

Deus Irae tried to make the connection first - he didn't realize that my job was connected to such a tightly-regulated industry though. He's learned his lesson, I hope.

I think you crossed into incoherent-ville when you said the public's safety was nonsense.

You raised this whole nuclear issue after saying "if I did it I'd lose my job." Debating the merits of the NRC's no tolerance policy is so irrelevant it's laughable.

I didn't say that. Look, you've made some ridiculous assertions and you got called on them. Just admit you were posting foolishness and move on.

While Nukes may be operated by guys that are monitored for drug use, that didn't prevent the guys that BUILT the Seabrook NH Nuke from going to work stoned and/or drunk day after day.

You raised this whole nuclear issue after saying "if I did it I'd lose my job." Debating the merits of the NRC's no tolerance policy is so irrelevant it's laughable.

Well nuclear IS my field of work, but Deus Irae just assumed I designed web pages like he does :D

Deus Irae tried to make the connection first - he didn't realize that my job was connected to such a tightly-regulated industry though. He's learned his lesson, I hope.

You have yet to convince anyone that people who smoke pot on the weekend would be a risk in your workplace.

Co-sign. Your idea rocks.

While Nukes may be operated by guys that are monitored for drug use, that didn't prevent the guys that BUILT the Seabrook NH Nuke from going to work stoned and/or drunk day after day.

True, they started random tests in the late 80s I believe.

Actually my job is quite good and my company is a great to work for b/c it doesn't tolerate people who get busted for possession. If you ran a company would you feel good about an employee you knew smoked pot and may/may not be influenced on the job?

Yes, I feel good about employees at my company who I know smoke pot on their own time. They are actually the best em ployees we have, and have been wooed by other companies.

You have yet to convince anyone that people who smoke pot on the weekend would be a risk in your workplace.

No, just you and Deus Irae. Most people don't want potheads working at nuke plants, you guys don't care about the public's safety apparently.

You may have the luxury of making those decisions AFTER the offense occurs but other industries don't. In some industries, the safety of the public is at stake and companies can take ZERO chance that this could compromise the public's safety at some point in the future.

So the safety of the public is at stake in the NFL?

So the safety of the public is at stake in the NFL?

Unless you are going to take the time to read all the posts you shouldn't try and make false assumptions. But to enlighten you, Deus Irae tried to be a know-it-all and say that a 1/8th salary fine would be a devastating fine at my job, when in fact it would be quite generous considering I would be fired under normal circumstances.

Last edited:

Unless you are going to take the time to read all the posts you shouldn't try and make false assumptions.

I read every single one.

You're making the comparison of your workplace to Kevin Faulk's.

You also called Kevin Faulk a user.

He said he wasn't smoking it, and guess what, he submitted to tests, and they came up negative. He was also wearing his cousin's jacket at the concert, and the jays were in the jacket. Normally, I'd call that a flimsy excuse, but that becomes a lot more viable when the person volunteers for testing and the tests come up clean.

The commissioner is a frackin' idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back