denverpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Star of the Game. That is all.

Re: Kevin Faulk is Da Man!

I agree, on a day where Moss and Welker each dropped a HUGE pass, Faulk made a great play to get us in the endzone for what would be the deciding TD. Kind of a sloppy game at times from the Pats, but Faulk was one of the few that seemed on his A game today.

Star of the Game. That is all.

faulk is always a star of the game...any game...all the time...

we should all know that by now...is like the glue that holds the team together

faulk is always a star of the game...any game...all the time...

we should all know that by now...is like the glue that holds the team together

Yeah, any time he's asked to step up and carry the load, or bail us out, he comes through in the clutch. I love this guy (I mean, in a football sense...)

I love this guy.. possibly in a non football sense.

I agree, on a day where Moss and Welker each dropped a HUGE pass, Faulk made a great play to get us in the endzone for what would be the deciding TD. Kind of a sloppy game at times from the Pats, but Faulk was one of the few that seemed on his A game today.

how funny was it taht faulk made the catch in the endzone that moss dropped?

Bill just compared him to Bingo in his presser...said he'd mop the floors if they told him that was what would help this team win.

BB compared him to Troy in the PC. High praise!

I've been saying it for the past couple of years, Kevin Faulk is "money!" :singing:

Kevin Faulk

I know that I sound like a broken record when it comes to this topic but Kevin Faulk continues to make a huge contribution to this team's success.When Bill Belichick compared Kevin Faulk's contribution to Troy Brown's contribution,truer words could not be spoken. I have been a fan of this guy back to his LSU days and again today He showed us why He is so admired Here in New England.Kevin is a winner and He is under appreciated league wide.He can play for my team as long as he likes.

Re: Kevin Faulk

kevin faulk always proves clutch when we need him, i dont think anyone disagrees tonight.

When Bobby Grier picked him, all of us wanted to scream. Even after his first couple of years, maybe three, we wanted to kill Bobby Grier for taking him.

Amazing.

I love this guy.. possibly in a non football sense.

I said I love Kevin Faulk so many times today I was wondering about myself too :lol2:

He used to have a rep for fumbles -- 11 fumbles, 7 lost, from 1999-2003, but he's had only 1 total (lost in 2005) since 2004.

The Troy analogy is not bad in some respects, although Faulk was a 2nd round pick from LSU, a major program, where he set records; Troy was an 8th round pick from a minor one. Troy was cut at least once and really had to claw his way on.

Faulk may not have always been safe. I have a clear memory of a Borges column in about 2002 or 2003 about how BB would make a choice between JR Redmond and Faulk, and how Faulk would probably be the one to go because Redmond was BB's draft. OF COURSE -- WRONG AGAIN! Nothing like a little agenda to make you wrong over and over.

To really appreciate Faulk, watch 3GTG 1, 2, and 3 -- seems like something special each post-season. Of the top that comes to mind, I remember a key 3rd down completion where he layed out for a TB touch throw deep in NE territory on one of the 2 long drives against Indy in 2004.

Kevin Faulk is so clutch, that guy really can do it all.
Doesn't look for star type stats, just wants to win, and he's good at it.

I remember when he was a fumble machine, I think he's come a long way since then.

WTG KEV!!!!

Faulk may not have always been safe. I have a clear memory of a Borges column in about 2002 or 2003 about how BB would make a choice between JR Redmond and Faulk, and how Faulk would probably be the one to go because Redmond was BB's draft. OF COURSE -- WRONG AGAIN! Nothing like a little agenda to make you wrong over and over.

I really think Faulk was VERY close to being let go in lieu of JR Redmond... I don't remember the year (was it 2001?), but I believe it had to do with his fumbling problem. Anyway, something happened that offseason. Redmond was the clear front runner at the end of the previous year, but suddenly Faulk emerged from the offseason and proved himself in both the preseason and ensuing games. Suddenly everything reversed and Faulk was in the driver's seat. Ever since then, he has been one helluva player for us. I backed Faulk the whole time and had many an argument with NEM (and others) about this RB battle.

Kevin's one of our heart and soul guys that's for sure. BB's Bingo analogy's a good one in that Faulk will do whatever he's asked to do.

I'm anxious for Jordan and Sammy to come back though, only because I don't want to see Kevin get injured and/or gassed from doing it all so many times. The sooner he gets some help/backup the more relieved I'll be:D

We're going to need him at 100% down the stretch.

I remember when he had a little case of fumblitis, and people wanted him dropped. How stupid do they look now. He's amazing. Complete back, does everything you could want and/or need.

And he always comes up big in the playoffs. Brown and Faulk are the two most quintessential Pats of the last decade.

I noticed that Faulk seems to be playing every position on offens! Blocking pass-rushers, running for tough yards, and setting up at wide out. What more can he do? I bet there's a half-back option with him throiwing to Cassel coming up soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes