PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kevin Faulk appreciation

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsd

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
There might be already a thread like this but it wasn't on the first page at least.

But I would like to say that despite the grumblings about Faulk and the times in the last couple of years he has killed the Patriots with a badly timed fumble or other such play (and I include myself in this grumbling), he has been such a key contributor this season for them as a whole.

It is amazing to see how much he is used when the Patriots spread the ball out and go 3-wide or go to their 2-minute offense. He contributes with key blocks on blitzes, screens, rushes, catches, etc etc. I don't know if the Patriots win the SD game without him.

I think we as fans to dwell on the negative and remember those things, but you forget about the overwhelming number of positive things he does. It's nice to see that the Patriots know to keep a guy like Kevin around.

:eat3:

For me, his positives far far outweigh his negatives. There's always that tiny nagging fear that he'll fumble a punt return or something, but he's been such an excellent change-of-pace back in so many crucial games. BB wouldn't have actively tried to keep him a few years ago if he didn't feel the same way.

Here's to Kevin Faulk.

Kevin Faulk rocks, but I will tell you that the bigger the game, the more I find myself screaming at the TV "Don't fumble...DON'T FUMBLE!!!!"

Kevin Faulk rocks, but I will tell you that the bigger the game, the more I find myself screaming at the TV "Don't fumble...DON'T FUMBLE!!!!"

I'm guilty of that too I have to confess. I swear half the time they have him run up the middle he practically gets body slammed.

I think the perception of Faulks fumbleitis is worse than the reality.
He's only fumbled once this year.

Both Dillon and Maroney have fumbled more than Faulk.

Faulk is a big contributer, recieving, running or returning. And unlike Maroney & Dillon when Faulk did run the ball he got some pretty nice gains.

^its different when u spread everyone out and run no huddle and let him run. but i agree hes done so much for us. did i hear him complain about Maroney being here or touches? NOPE

Faulk is a great guy and player..i was excited when we drafted him from LSU after a trade i believe in mid 2nd?

Hes reliable..quick and caches well.

he hurt us in sometimes..but he mostly helped us. i dont think we would of been nearly as good wtihout him. hes made some big plays. team player, great attitude, good skills and im happy hes a Patriot.

He was phenomenal on the final drive of SB XXXVI

Faulk is a big contributer, recieving, running or returning. And unlike Maroney & Dillon when Faulk did run the ball he got some pretty nice gains.

It's not so much the frequency of his fumbles, it's the timing of them.

No way. Here are combined rushing/receiving stats for all three:

Faulk - 1 fumble per 48 touches (19 fumbles in 908 touches)
Dillon- 1 fumble per 102 touches (28 fumbles in 2867 touches)
Maroney- 1 fumble per 197 touches (1 fumble in 197 touches)

really ? i dont think he caught a pass...
I was just about to get my "3 Games" vol 1 out to watch it again and then...
That was JR Redmond
I stand corrected but I did have a nagging feeling I was wrong when I wrote that.
Just took a beating to my credibility - ouch :bricks:

Last edited:
He was phenomenal on the final drive of SB XXXVI
That was JR Redmond
True, but Faulk was still phenomenal because by staying off the field he didn't fumble away the game :D

Only joking, though I admit I have found myself holding my breath every time Faulk holds the ball. If he ever goes for 90 yards, I will probably pass out due to lack of oxygen.

Last edited:
No way. Here are combined rushing/receiving stats for all three:

Faulk - 1 fumble per 48 touches (19 fumbles in 908 touches)
Dillon- 1 fumble per 102 touches (28 fumbles in 2867 touches)
Maroney- 1 fumble per 197 touches (1 fumble in 197 touches)

he seems better this year with the fumbles..1 i believe was questionable off a punt and we got it back anyways but anyways..hes done a lot this year for a 3rd RB.. 25 carries/43 catches/ 17 KR/ 31 PR . 2 fumbles isnt bad..plus i didnt even realize he fumbled twice..i know once but hey hes done a better job and i read an article saying Maroney was helping Faulk on a new technique holding the ball and seems to be better than previous years

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes