PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kevin Faulk , a TRUE PATRIOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdul7

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
In my years of being a fan , Kevin was my man , my Patriot i admired and loved. He woudnt make the headlines, but it was easy for all to see what a great dedicted athlete he was. He was a leader, a player respected by the NFL , a true Patriot. What an Ambassador he has been for the game and for this Franchise. One word to Kevin if he can read this....THANKYOU. This coming from the bottom of my heart, from an Arab National in Bahrain. You are sir why people love this game. I wish you and your family the best of health and happiness. Just wish you could have had the fourth Ring you deserve. Love from a faraway brother. Abdul

In my years of being a fan , Kevin was my man , my Patriot i admired and loved. He woudnt make the headlines, but it was easy for all to see what a great dedicted athlete he was. He was a leader, a player respected by the NFL , a true Patriot. What an Ambassador he has been for the game and for this Franchise. One word to Kevin if he can read this....THANKYOU. This coming from the bottom of my heart, from an Arab National in Bahrain. You are sir why people love this game. I wish you and your family the best of health and happiness. Just wish you could have had the fourth Ring you deserve. Love from a faraway brother. Abdul

Nice post Abdul. I agree wholeheartedly.

* On a side note, if you are one of the Billionaire wealthy Sheiks over in Bahrain, can you do me a favour and Buy Everton football club and put in some money like the rich chaps have done with Man City and PSG - Thanks in advance :D *

Hey Shed,,thanks buddy. Everton are a very very good team with the best Manager in the Game. Moyes is my favorite Manager. However i am a Leeds United fan ! a fallen giant at the moment ,,and i wont talk about our game in the Cup !!! You were unlucky to play us on our best night. Still i know that you agree with me about LUFC should be with you in the Premier League. Cheers.

Hey Shed,,thanks buddy. Everton are a very very good team with the best Manager in the Game. Moyes is my favorite Manager. However i am a Leeds United fan ! a fallen giant at the moment ,,and i wont talk about our game in the Cup !!! You were unlucky to play us on our best night. Still i know that you agree with me about LUFC should be with you in the Premier League. Cheers.

Sorry for derailing your thread Abdul (and everyone else looking in).

I have to agree with you, we are very very lucky to have David Moyes. He has worked minor miracles with very little money.

Leeds were fantastic against Everton in the cup game. A very deserved win, as were the wins against Spurs and Man United in the last couple of seasons. Leeds are a Premiership club in every aspect but just need to add consistency to get back up to the top division. 2 of my best friends growing up were Leeds fans - it wasnt much fun as at the time Leeds were challenging for the title and doing well in the champions league and Everton were always fighting relegation. The last few years have been easier dealing with them though :D

Nice post Abdul. I agree wholeheartedly.

* On a side note, if you are one of the Billionaire wealthy Sheiks over in Bahrain, can you do me a favour and Buy Everton football club and put in some money like the rich chaps have done with Man City and PSG - Thanks in advance :D *

Don't do that! That would be silly! There are only two teams in Liverpool... I'm you know the rest of the quote :D

This is a sad day for me. Kevin Faulk was a TRUE New England Patriot as Abdul said. I really held out hope that last year's tentative performance was merely due to the knee not being quite ready from the ACL tear, and perhaps he did also.

Whether the knee is better or not has been overtaken by events - - namely, Ridley, Vereen, Woodhead, Bolden and (next year) Demps. The Pats are loaded at RB and Kevin evidently didn't want to play for any other team at this point in his career and family life.

Thank you, Mr. Faulk (to us Patriots fans, you will always be the REAL Mr. Faulk!).

Last edited:
Thanks Kevin, for all your years of great play and giving it all you've got! Hope you stick around the team as a coach and mentor to younger players!

Truly one of the most clutch Patriots of all time. Think of how many 3rd downs he made either running at receiving. Also, he had some of the best hands ever for a running back, he could have been a receiver, made some spectacular catches. He also was incredibly unselfish, I doubt when he came out of LSU, he said to himself, I wanna be a great 3rd down back, and back up RB, he had a great college career as a starter. But, he did the right thing, and his unselfishness helped lead the Pats to 3 Super Bowls. Hopefully Vereen can be half as good as Faulk, and then he'll have a fine career. Thanks Kevin, you were a true Patriot, and good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Well said Abdul.....Faulk was the EPITOME of a Patriot. Selfless, pure TEAM player, did whatever he was asked to do, CLUTCH when you needed a play to be made, and great character. I really miss Kevin Faulk but will always have the memories!!!! THANKS KEVIN!!!! Looking forward to seeing him in the Pats hall of fame!!!

Thank you Kevin Faulk for putting a smile on this Pats fan's face every Sunday, and for all the CLUTCH PLAYS IN BIG GAMES.

Yep, thanks for everything to Kevin Faulk, an all time great Patriot and 100% deserving to be in the Patriots HOF. Imo no player in NFL history has made more clutch plays per touch than Kevin Faulk did. His numbers will never reflect his true value to the Patriots and hopefully everyone will realize that he was always much more than those numbers. I hope he stays in the organization because he has great value to the Patriots young RB's and can be a big asset to the team going forward.

One of the greatest of all Patriots.
Mr. Reliable!!!
Enjoy retirement Kevin. You've earned it.

I'm missing hearing these words, "First down, Kevin Faulk!", from Gil and Gino.

Thanks for the memories Kevin.

Before the draft, I did not want the Patriots to take Kevin. For the first 2 year I thought I was right.

Boy, was I wrong. Kevin proved to me, over and over again. that he was indeed worth that selection. I sometimes laugh at myself fro being so stupid.

I wish Kevin all the best in his football retirement. But somehow I think we have not heard the last of Kevin in the NFL, not as a player, but as a position coach.

i was so happy when i met him at football camp when i was in high school...loved the guy

A true Patriot in every sense. Best wishes to you Mr. Faulk in your post NFL career.

Kevin Faulk - pure class. You always knew what he would do - exactly what the team needed at the time. Does it surprise anyone that he'd turn down job offers from other teams? First ballot Patriot HOF choice, unanimously.

I just hope he joins the coaching staff, his positive influence on the team over the years should be continued.

I just hope he joins the coaching staff, his positive influence on the team over the years should be continued.
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere him and ridley go over game film every wednesday. Seems his coaching career is already started.

I still think he picked up the 1st down on 4th and 2 against the Colts....

A great player and true professional. Kevin Faulk really epitomizes what made this organization great over the last 10 years or so. Bit disappointing how many current players attended his news conference but I am sure they had their reasons.

I hope like many he finds his way into a coaching role one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes