PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kevin Curtis released by Philly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this certainly falls under the "Anybody but Aiken" category. Therefore, he would be an upgrade. Sign him now!

The Pats haven't shown any interest in the players I had assumed they'd be interested in so... meh.

Not a slam Jack. Just curious. Who did you have in mind ?Nothing evil. Just want to know.
DW Toys

Nothing wrong with white receivers. Manning has a trio Clak, Gonzoles and Collie.

If this does go down we'll need a black punter to offset all the white WR's

I'll be the first to say it. I want him, assuming he'll be ready to go in a couple months.

My information from Feb. 2007 when he was available. I believe Curtis holds the highest score of any active player scoring a 48/50. Curtis is a physical freak of nature. At 5-foot-11, 185 pounds, he bench pressed 225 pounds 20 times in a workout for NFL scouts (his best is 385). He also posted a vertical leap of 38 inches and a hand-timed 40-yard dash of 4.21.

His 2007 Stats when the Eagles drafted him: 77 Catches 1,110 Yards 14.4 YPC 6 TDs. Then injuries like a sports hernia in 2009.

If he is healthy?

DW TOYS

He'd be a decent addition, I think.

I can't help but think that the Eagles are going to re-sign him at a lower contract number after he scouts the market to see what he's worth.

I think the Patriots would face plenty of competition for him also.

Therein lies the rub. Depends on what he costs. Good deal at 2 or 3 yr, 3-6 mill contract. He won't be free...

Just watched the vid. Wow..I MUST have CURTIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

My information from Feb. 2007 when he was available. I believe Curtis holds the highest score of any active player scoring a 48/50. Curtis is a physical freak of nature. At 5-foot-11, 185 pounds, he bench pressed 225 pounds 20 times in a workout for NFL scouts (his best is 385). He also posted a vertical leap of 38 inches and a hand-timed 40-yard dash of 4.21.

His 2007 Stats when the Eagles drafted him: 77 Catches 1,110 Yards 14.4 YPC 6 TDs. Then injuries like a sports hernia in 2009.
Pretty sure you're right about the Wonderlic score.

This guy Curtis is always hurt. Probably why he's being cut. Id pass.

If he is healthy?

DW TOYS

Holy shiz. Must sign.

Just a question: Who would you guys rather have? Kevin Curtis or Josh Reed?

Curtis, definitely. He's a good #3/#2 receiver, depending on the scheme. Smart guy, savvy vet, good hands--there's a lot to like. That said, I'd rather draft 1 or 2 guys, and let a young WR corp develop over the next few years. We'll see what happens.

Just a question: Who would you guys rather have? Kevin Curtis or Josh Reed?

I'm going to go ahead and answer for the whole of the Patriots fanbase.

Kevin Curtis, and its not even close.

Hey, maybe we can corner the market on Caucasian wide receivers. :eek:

Now we just need Brandon Stokely.

if 3 of our top 4 wr's are white, they better be the best 3 white wr's in the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back