Welcome to PatsFans.com

Kerry takes up fight against Alito

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +183 / 4 / -6

Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry took to the Senate floor Friday to rally his Democratic colleagues behind a filibuster of Judge Samuel Alito's nomination to the Supreme Court.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/01/27/alito/index.html

Whether you agree with Kerry or not, this is a very brave thing he is doing, actually taking an unpopular stand despite the fact he still has national ambitions.
  2. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +91 / 7 / -13

#37 Jersey

:rofl:

Is Kerry still relevant?

Bring on a filibuster, it only shows the weakness and idiocy of the far left in this country. So he, Kennedy, Durbin and Schmuckmer can show their true colors and bow down to the feet and money of NARAL! At least the grand wizard and red state democrats are on the right side of this.
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2006
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +534 / 2 / -9

Kerry today called for a filibuster of a man who has more decency and character in his shoe than Kerry or Kennedy have in their whole bodys.

I don't believe John "Fonda" Kerry gave his little "Anti Alito" speech from the floor of congess today, he gave it from a "Five Star Hotel" in the Swiss Alps, he is so upset at the way things are going for the Dingobats he flew over to Switzerland to spend some more of his wife's money.

As I have said before, Kerry/Kennedy aren't fit to wash Judge Alito's DOG or CAT.
  4. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

All it is is a cheap attempt to get his face in the news. It is beyond dispicable!
  5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Every time Kerry opens his mouth he becomes more of the irrellevant clod he always was. As a politician, he's hopeless. As a person, he has no core beliefs, which is why even a wet-brained chimp surrounded by apocalyptic freaks could beat him. As long as the dem party lets him talk, they'll also be kept on the sidelines while the wierdos continue to kill the country. The dems have no strength on which to beat this simpleton, which makes them even worse than the republicans.
  6. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Let him. This makes us libertarians stronger. The old Republicans (paleo-conservatives)are coming over in droves.

Kerry was only strong in the election because his name isn't BUSH.
  7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +534 / 2 / -9

I half agree, Jesus I hope and I don't have any of that "liberal juice" in me.
  8. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Just because Bush embarrasses the hell out of me and I think what he's doing in the Middle east is wrong and dangerous for everyone, that doesn't make me a democrat and I sure as hell disagree with a lot of stuff that is attributed to "liberals". Lots of people who say they're "liberals" are some of the most closed-minded people I've ever seen. Members of my own family and some neighbors think I'm stupid for flying the flag off the front porch all summer. They were shocked when I even suggested I wanted to join the Air Force.
  9. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

why? Mine is out there year round.
  10. Patters

Ratings:
    +183 / 4 / -6

It's no surprise that the righties don't admire a man of principle, but Wistah, I'm surprised at your comments. Certainly what he did today was very principled, and while it's true that he let his handlers influence the course of his campaign, that's exactly what every President has done for god-only-knows how many years. Kerry may not be an effective candidate, but his whole history, with his going to Vietnam, anti-war activism, etc. suggests he had principles at a very young age.
  11. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Patters haven't you heard?? He filmed himself in the bush in close combat. He shot himself to pad his resume. He ran the other way when his swift boat comrade went over board. And he shot an innocent cong in the back while he was innocently running away.

c'mon man...get with it. bottom line...hes just posturing...thats what he does
  12. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

No NEM...Fred Barnes said today, and I paraphrase "Bush volunteered"

That is Fred Barnes, executive editor of the Weekly Standard...the best LIARS in print journalism.

BUSH VOLUNTEERED FOR 'NAM PEOPLE...YOU HEARD IT FROM THE WEEKLY STANDARD
  13. Chevy

Chevy Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You used Kerry and Principle in the same sentence?

9 months in country. 3 Purple Hearts, Bronze Star, Silver Star.

0 recorded days under medical care.

Do the math. It doesn't add up.

Yet you blindly follow him.

This guy was as deserving of his awards as Frank Burns was of his.
  14. Patters

Ratings:
    +183 / 4 / -6

Who was behind the plot to give Kerry medals?

Let's launch an investigation of all Vietnam vets and strip them of any medals that were possibly undeserved. (Oh, the military already did that, and decided that there was nothing suspicious, but then again, Chevy, a vet like you would be more qualified than me to know not to trust the militar.)

The fact is that the war was such a complete mess the military was giving out medals fairly freely. There is no evidence to question his Bronze and Silver stars. In fact, some of his detractors approved those medals.

Chevy, have you ever done anything as bold as the Swift Boat vets did? I thought you were a vet. It's surprising how thin your loyalty is. Really.
  15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +534 / 2 / -9

I know how you feel, I too have had the same things happen to me I have family members that think "Oprah Winfrey" is really "JESUS" and some of them try to make believe 9/11 never happened, if someone should mention it they get up and walk away, why, because America was the victim, 5 minutes after the first plane hit they were trying to "Blame America".
  16. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +132 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

Did anyone else catch Frankenstien's speech about how Alito OKed the police shooting a young man in the back who was running away after stealing a purse, and how he said that was dispicable. Didn't he win a medal for doing the exact same thing?

I loved the calling for a filibuster of a person that you did not attend the debate on because you were skiing with the rest of the world's elistist snobs in Switzerland.
  17. Patters

Ratings:
    +183 / 4 / -6

The amount of hate by the right is astonishing. Kerry took an unpopular stand based on principle. That's what this thread is about. You're desperate in your efforts to contort Kerry's courage into something other than it is. I predict sooner or later he'll be Secretary of Defense. Maybe under Hillary, but certainly under the next Democratic President.
  18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +534 / 2 / -9

I'm always chasing rainbows
    watching clouds drifting by
    My dreams are just like all my schemes
    ending in the sky.
  19. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +534 / 2 / -9

I would kove to hear the "COPS SIDE" of this "weeping liberals" story.
  20. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Sure, and according to the swift boat people, that cop is unfit to serve our country because of it. Thats the logical conclusion. And we know the situation in the bush is Nam was probably exactly like being on the streets of america. Great comparison you make.

Being a cop yourself, how do you feel about it? Is it fine to shoot a petty thief in the back, apparently to kill? How about in the back of the head instead? Its just like in Nam for you?? Kill or be killed? I'm curious. I imagine some beats are truly like a warzone...if you patrol south central LA or Detroit or something. Is that your beat? Like a warzone?

As far as the switzerland thing, where'd you hear that? any link??