Welcome to PatsFans.com

Kerry says what all Democrats think.....

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by FreeTedWilliams, Oct 31, 2006.

1. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +89 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

YOUR SENATOR: last night in California speaking to college students said, “You know, education, if you make the most of it, if you study hard and you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, uh, you, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.”

Once again the Democrats showing thier true colors, servicemen/women are stupid, and you should vote for us, because we know how to run your lives much better than you do..

He is absolutley disgusting, how many times can this man slander our military? I realize that he isn't saying anything that the Dems on this board haven't said thousands of times, but if they run with this, this should bury him.

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLuMWiQ6r2o

Here's John McCain already calling him out:
    http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3.htm

I can only hope that this is the lead story on every newscast, but of course, it won't be.
  2. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

The military produces some of the best people I've ever met and what Kerry said was inappropriate, but there's no denying that the military has MANY people who joined because they had no other skills and liked the benefits.

Also, with recent loosening of recruitment requirements, we are seeing more and more thugs and punks in the military, creating a bad name for ourselves all over the world.

3. FreeTedWilliams

Ratings:
    +89 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

I rest my case.

have you ever been in a tank? Do you think you can just drive that thing like a VW Bug? What about all those silly airplanes, I think it might take a little more than a GED to learn how to fly them. Rockets, laser sights, billions of dollars worth of hardware, I don't know about your job, but I highly doubt that it takes the anywhere near the skill and knowledge that these brave men/women have.
  4. Turk

Turk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I agree that it is an inappropriate comment and he does make a lot of them, but maybe he was talking about having an education meant having choices in life?
    Generalizing his comments and saying what you said about Dems is also inappropriate as there are quite a few ex-soldiers who are running for office on the Dems' side.
  5. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

No, but my father was in one, so don't try to pretend you know more than me. You know, it's possible to be pro-military and also not an anti-Democrat sheep (and btw I'm not a Democrat). And to add to the skillset argument, many of our weapons are operated by people who have no clue how they work other than to pull the trigger or follow a protocol. As I said before, there are brilliant and talented people in the military, but most of them are not rocket scientists, in fact far from it.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2006
  6. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +254 / 8 / -9

#24 Jersey

Clearly not all Democrats think this. But Kerry should be hung, drawn and quartered for making such as insulting and ignorant statement.
  7. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +254 / 8 / -9

#24 Jersey

My job is writing F/A-18 software (civilian) and those things are so loaded up now it's amazing to me that pilots can operate everything, especially in the heat of battle. There is so much functionality going on it's sick. Anyone who thinks it's "pulling the trigger" is an ignorant moron.
  8. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Not to take away anything from our our troops and their abilities (we clearly have the best-trained military in the world), but most soldiers don't fly an F/A-18 - in fact, don't only officers fly in the USAF? Most troops don't even drive a tank - they're infantry, and their job is to pull the trigger and not get killed (which is a huge challenge in itself).
  9. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +115 / 7 / -10

Nothing new for Kerry, his contempt for soldiers goes back to the 70's.

The smarmy smirk on his face after he made the remark says it all.
  10. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +254 / 8 / -9

#24 Jersey

Understood. But his generalization was crap.

Even if what Kerry said was true, and I don't think it for a second, he should be shot for saying such a thing. What he said was worse than a racial slur in my opinion.
  11. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Anyone who generalizes most of the military based on a small population of elite officers is a moron or a deliberate liar.

I am beginning to realize just how brain-washed some conservatives are - they will never see an issue objectively if it somehow means admitting mistakes, or admitting that the majority population of military fighters are not our country's cream of the crop.

12. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +254 / 8 / -9

#24 Jersey

Well your statement was about "weapon systems" and unless you included a gun as a "weapon system", which it technically is but I don't think that's what you meant, I believe you are wrong. All "weapons systems" are getting quite techically complex.

See my previous post regarding the actual point of this thread and my opinion even if it's true.
  13. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

What does "shot" mean in this context?
  14. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

But the left continues to support the troops.

If by "support" you mean demean and use politically at ANY cost then I guess they do "support" the troops.
  15. FreeTedWilliams

Ratings:
    +89 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

That's 3 for 3 for the Dems on the board agreeing with Kerry!
  16. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

NEM served and he's no rocket scientist.
  17. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Most of which have been sand bagged by their own party.

Popular Ohio Democrat Drops Out of Race, and Perhaps Politics

By IAN URBINA
    Published: February 14, 2006

Paul Hackett, an Iraq war veteran and popular Democratic candidate in Ohio's closely watched Senate contest, said yesterday that he was dropping out of the race and leaving politics altogether as a result of pressure from party leaders.

Mr. Hackett said Senators Charles E. Schumer of New York and Harry Reid of Nevada, the same party leaders who he said persuaded him last August to enter the Senate race, had pushed him to step aside so that Representative Sherrod Brown, a longtime member of Congress, could take on Senator Mike DeWine, the Republican incumbent.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/14/p...a1de4c7a6fe658&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

The beauty of it is why he was sand bagged. He actually spoke honestly about what he believed in. Furthermore, his honesty reinforces my point that the Dems having nothing to offer. That they have no message. Like I've been saying, the Dems are inept, and the GOP is there slogan.

Gotta love American politics.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1589/is_2006_April_25/ai_n16130515

But Hackett dropped out of the race on February 13, claiming top Democratic Party leaders asked him to make way for Ohio Democratic insider and U.S. representative Sherrod Brown--a man, Hackett says, not known for demanding big changes.

"The Democratic strategy on a national level is 'We're just going to sit here and hope the Republicans self-destruct. We're not going to advocate, we're just going to cross our fingers,'" Hackett tells The Advocate. "It's a large part of why I got involved. I was sick and tired of seeing Democrats lose and not stand up and fight for anything. On a national level, they are more interested in protecting their own dwindling power base than taking risks."

Democratic leaders, including Sen. Charles Schumer of New York, deny ordering Hackett to step aside but admit expressing their desire to avoid a costly primary between Hackett and Brown. They urged Hackett to make another run for the Ohio congressional seat held by Republican Jean Schmidt, a seat Hackett almost won in a 2005 special election.

But Hackett instead quit politics altogether, disappointed and disgusted with his party. "When I articulated all my views on gay rights, the war, guns, and everything else, they would grimace every time," he says. "I'd hear 'Loose cannon.' I don't think speaking honestly on any of the issues should characterize you as a loose cannon."
  18. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

It was probably some sort of ill-conceived and horribly executed poke at the Army. The Army and the Navy have been giving each other sh!t since Old Ironsides was the class of the fleet. The only thing those two organizations agree on is that the Marines are a bunch of ignorant apes and that the Air Force is stocked with nothing but wing-wiping pansies.

However it was incredibly wrong to say it and he should apologise unconditionally and move on. Well, move on after the netwitcons are done screaming about it (Jesus H Christ BF, you wanna EXECUTE people for putting their foot in their mouth now?)

Let's go ahead and update the foot-in-mouth scoreboard while we're at it:

John Kerry 1
    GW Bush 987,543,214,567
  19. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

How funny the Republicans are interpreting Kerry's remarks as meaning the soldiers are stupid. Far from it, it means that a college degree affords people more opportunities than a high school degree. If you don't have college, then the military is obviously a good choice for developing skills. Unfortunately, with Bush as president, you'll become part of his little-boy fantasy of being the "war president."

At any rate, isn't it great that Kerry is helping turn the conversation back to the war on Iraq? That's the Repugs weak point if the polls are correct.

The people who have contempt for the soldiers are those who stand by this failed war even as soldiers die every day.
  20. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Apparently Kerry's dig was aimed at Bush and not the soldiers. It didn't come out that way at all, so here's possibly exhibit A as to why Kerry lost in '04.

Like Patters said, the more attention the Iraq Debacle gets the better for the good guys.