PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kerry Rhodes: "... hopefully not get beat bad."

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.nypost.com/seven/12102007/sports/jets/empty_feeling_for_3_10_jets_829363.htm?page=0

"Who are we playing next week?" Rhodes asked with a wry smile. "It'll be fun to go in there and try to get a win. We're not going to quit or give up. We're just going to come out and play hard and hopefully not get beat bad."

Just the opposite of Smith's guarantee.

Also liked this line:
They're next up for the Jets, who play Sunday in Foxborough, Mass., a place that'll feel more like the Roman Coloseum with the natives demanding fresh blood based on their hatred of Eric Mangini because of "Spygate."

Has there ever been a forfeit because players refused to go onto the field at a point during the game? If I was the Jets players and down by 40 or so, I'd refuse to play. I'd just get my stuff and go to the locker-room because the game is over at that point.

Unfortunately for the Jets, I have a feeling that this is a typical feeling for their team leading up to the game. Unlike the Ravens and Eagles--who went in to the game trying to be the first to slay the giant--the Jets will be going into this game to 'not get beat bad'. You can't play football like that, it only makes things worse. The first time they get punched in the mouth (bomb to Moss early in the first, anyone?) they'll start playing on their heels, trying to 'minimize the damage. And they're going to get beaten even worse because of it.

good I hope we humiliate them and Mangenius learns his lesson. Don't give the bully a reason to bloody your nose. It just makes it harder on you when its your turn.

Just mentioned this in another thread: anyone associated with the Jets will be mouthing the same message the whole of this week ...."oh...., hope we don't get beaten that bad..", "wish the loss doesn't go beyond 25".. blah blah blah..

IMO: these are just empty phrases designed to lower the guard of the Pats and throw them off track. I don't believe a single word of it.

Matter of fact, the more they keep saying it early this week, the entire media and the country will discussing it for the whole week and by Friday, all the Jets players will be so furious that they wouldn't need any extra motivation to pull a nasty surprise.

So, yeah, I am going to dismiss this humble talk from the Jets.

Last edited:
I know this has little to do with Patriots football, but I am in the final 4 in my fantasy football league and am going up against Tom Brady this week. It's kind of not fair that I know I already lost. I have a really good team too...but Brady is set for what? 450 yards passing and 7 TD's?

Last edited:
i don't buy it for a minute. They probably see the whole "spygate" episode as one of the reasons for their sucky season and they will PLAY HARD this game, don't think for a minute they are afraid of playing the Pats. Everyone expects them to get beat by 50 points, they have nothing to lose by going all out.

i don't buy it for a minute. They probably see the whole "spygate" episode as one of the reasons for their sucky season and they will PLAY HARD this game, don't think for a minute they are afraid of playing the Pats. Everyone expects them to get beat by 50 points, they have nothing to lose by going all out.

Dude, did you watch the first game between these two teams?

I'm sorry, they simply cannot cover Randy Moss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back