Welcome to PatsFans.com

Kerry and Gore are polling worse than George...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, May 21, 2006.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +423 / 12 / -26

From alternet, the two "shining stars" of the Democratic party are polling worse than George and crew, article goes on to talk about the danger of running for this job that has become more complicated in the past couple of years. Said before and will say again, the Democratic party needs to reinvent itself with some new blood or there needs to be a rise of a third party that tends to be less established with the so called, "establishment and status quo".

http://alternet.org/story/36425/

There are a lot of numbers in the recent poll that would normally give me cause for joy -- the public hates everything about Bush. Only 13 percent think he's done a good job addressing rising gas prices. Twenty-nine percent are still favorably shocked and awed by his performance on Iraq. The surface-level political analysis making the progressive rounds on Bush's bad poll numbers is that they will automatically translate into success for Democrats: takeovers in Congress in 2006, etc.

But if that were the case, it would be fair to expect that a guy like Al Gore would look like the shiniest red apple in the basket. But to repeat, the same poll has Gore polling below George Bush. The Times called Gore one of "Bush's more vocal critics." What does that mean? Let's be pragmatic.

For starters, it means that Al Gore and John Kerry are big losers in the public eye; they weren't the guys at the inauguration. Even though the results of the 2000 and 2004 elections have been contested and remain in dispute, the truth is that neither Gore nor Kerry ever commanded any kind of massive public support for their positions.

If they had, Kerry wouldn't be still grumbling about those 60,000 votes that he needed in Ohio. But this poll that has Gore and Kerry well below Bush is about more than their being losers. If that were true, we might expect to see an untested national-name Democrat, like say, Hillary Clinton, polling at a higher level -- at least in the 40s. But only 31 percent of Americans say they will definitely vote for her, according to the most recent Rassmussen poll.

2. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

The unfortunate reality is that the Democrats are not doing any better than George Bush.

By siding with Bush on Iraq and Immigration, the Dems are not giving any alternative choice for the American people.

Furthermore, with the way the Republicans (illegally) redrew the congressional boundaries (Tom Delay's Texas redistricting and picking up 6 Republican congressional seats is now with the Supreme Court), I don't see any shift in the House or Senate in the coming election.

Both Houses will still be controlled by the GOP (total domination of legislative, judiciary, and executive branches).

The only changes I hope will be in the governor's races, with the Democrats picking up CA, NY, and Ohio. And maybe FL.

If the BLUE states want to break free from the "conservative" shackle, the only way I think is to secede from the union.

I have been a strong proponent of breaking up the United States of America.

One place to start the secession is NY, where 90% are democrats. The Northeast and Mid Atlantic states can join the movement. I can see all of New England joining except maybe for NH.

Last edited: May 21, 2006
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +716 / 2 / -9

Kerry/Gore are the reason George Bush is living in the White House, if the Democrats had come up with a "decent candidate" Bush would never have made it.

The Democrtats will repeat this mistake again, they want a FAR LEFT WHACK JOB LIBERAL that cares more about Social Do-Gooder Causes, Sex Issues, Pandering, Cowering To Our Enemy, Neglecting Our Military, and bringing Hollywood back to the White House.
    These are the things the Howard Dean Democrats want, these are the things the American People DON'T WANT.

4. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

So who do you suggest as the Democrat candidate?

Joseph Lieberman?