Welcome to PatsFans.com

Kerry/$20 Million/Drunk

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +354 / 1 / -9

John Fonda Kerry wants $20 million of your money to build a Shrine to that Drunken Murdering Cowardly Slob Teddy Kennedy and he will probably get it.
    "Shameful Sh!t" thats what I say.

WASHINGTON - A large military spending bill moving through Congress contains a little-noticed outlay for Boston that has nothing to do with national defense: $20 million for an educational institute honoring late Senator Edward M. Kennedy of Massachusetts.

The earmark, tucked into the defense bill at the request of Senator John F. Kerry of Massachusetts, requires US taxpayers to help the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate realize its goal of building a repository for Kennedy’s papers and an accompanying civic learning center on the University of Massachusetts at Boston campus in Dorchester, next to the John F. Kennedy Library and Museum.
    Watchdog groups rap $20m earmark for Kennedy institute - The Boston Globe
  2. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +363 / 8 / -3

#11 Jersey

Quoted from above linked article:

It’s a natural for Kerry to go to Inouye on this,’’ Wheeler said. “If it’s in the defense bill it must be a good idea. And the defense bill is sure to pass. He wanted a fast vehicle to get it enacted.’’

I'll bet he did.

I'm sorry, I'm pretty liberal but this kinda stuff just ticks me off. It's a very bad idea, it's playing fast and loose with the American public and it's playing fast and loose with the American military.

I honestly don't understand the stupidity here. It's like the Dems see that the Republicans have a sling shot and instead of doing the sane thing and clearing the area of slingable stones they're literally handing them the biggest rocks they can find.

Gawd, sometimes I hate 'em all.
  3. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +91 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

This is why we need a federal line item veto, people seem to forget that Newt gave this power to Clinton, and that (and a GOP COngress) is how they balanced the budget. The very first bill they shoudl pass is a line item veto. Obama said in his many (now we all know to be empty) campaign promises to scour every item in a bill for fraud waste and abuse. I say give him a line item veto to root out this and all the rest of the pork.
  4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +127 / 7 / -13

A monument to a murderer, typical of dems. What a disgrace, I'll bet it goes through.
  5. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +598 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

I think they should just attach a Bedouin tent to the JFK library.
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

This is flat out stupid and a waste of taxpayers money, if they want to enhance or continue the Legacy.. let them use their own money.
  7. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +196 / 3 / -10

Quote of the month...now you're getting close to "Mr" PatsFanInVa legendary status. But you have a long way to go among this testosterone filled political bloodbath. ;)

Keep 'em coming!
  8. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

What is especially appalling is this being tucked into a Defense Spending Bill considering Kennedy was so damaging to our nations defense.
  9. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +299 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

And when the dems inevitably slam defense for it's cost, this will be part of it.
  10. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

As Kerry pointed out, Kennedy had a long tenure on the armed service committee, and represented a point of view shared by those Americans who think that we should not put our troops in harm's way without extremely good cause and should not overspend on the military out of some perserve sense of patriotism.

That said, I think it's wrong that politicians spend so much money honoring themselves -- naming buildings after each other, setting up institutes and libraries in each other's name. I'd be far happier if the Senate voted to honor Kennedy by providing funds for something Kennedy believed in.
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  11. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I wonder how many advanced prosthetic limbs we could buy for $20 million?

How about helping families with paying bills while Dad's on his third tour in Iraq?

How about shower heads that are grounded?
  12. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +354 / 1 / -9

How about Iron Girder Railings for small wooden bridges........:singing:
  13. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +299 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

Irrelevant, defense money shouldn't go to statues, shrines or anything like that. Jesus.
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2009