Welcome to PatsFans.com

Kerry’s Soviet Rhetoric

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Jul 5, 2006.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +309 / 9 / -12

Kerry’s Soviet Rhetoric

A golden oldie on J Kerry our anti war hero.

The article was authored by: Ion Mihai Pacepa, his cridentals:was acting chief of Romania's espionage service and national-security adviser to the country's president. He is the highest-ranking intelligence officer ever to have defected from the former Soviet bloc.

link:http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/pacepa200402260828.asp

The author see the Anti war propaganda campaign against the US WOT and relates it to it's roots in the KGB misinformations campaigns of the 60's & 70 which Sen Kerry participated in.

2. Blue Collar

Blue Collar 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The serving in the military and saying thank you does not apply to all soldiers, just one's that connect with your partisan worship?no

3. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +309 / 9 / -12

No being a dupe of the Solviets (at best) and throwing your fellow soldiers under the bus doesn't engender my thanks.

4. Blue Collar

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So you must have wildly cheered when bush did the same thing to john MCcain and max cleeland and any other soldier who wasn't as principled as as G.W.B., carry on partisan soldier, keep lockstepping in the pursuit of your truth.

My whole family has served in the military through wwII, korea,vietnam and gulf I...Couple good friend's of mine who were vietnam veterans have mentioned some of the sh-- they witnessed or partaked in during that war.
    Best not mention that here, cuz it's deemed propaganda and therefore untrue, for those looking for their believed truth's.

5. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +108 / 9 / -14

#37 Jersey

And the same could be said to you. You seem to think the only ones that matter are those who agree with you and your propaganda sites.

But you keep fighting the good fight, ok, you are the tin foil hat warrior.

6. Blue Collar

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Show everyone where I have disgraced a soldier? where is that post? Right here in this thread someones attacking a soldier because he doesn't like his political views. I repeat show this board where I have attacked a soldier?

7. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +108 / 9 / -14

#37 Jersey

Ah, disagree, yes you have. Never said disgraced or attacked, but that rhetoric is expected for you.

8. Blue Collar

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

wHERE I have ever went after a soldier? politics I discuss , soldiers I never discuss, except once when patsfan13 13 asked me about murha comments on soldiers. I said murtha basicaly should shut his mouth and if these claims are untrue he should resign.You and me gripe about the politics, but I never say anything disgraceful towards any soldier even you, don't take take that as an offense , We just haggle over politics.

9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +530 / 14 / -28

From the Article:

"To me, this assertion sounds exactly like the disinformation line that the Soviets were sowing worldwide throughout the Vietnam era. KGB priority number one at that time was to damage American power, judgment, and credibility. One of its favorite tools was the fabrication of such evidence as photographs and "news reports" about invented American war atrocities. These tales were purveyed in KGB-operated magazines that would then flack them to reputable news organizations. Often enough, they would be picked up. News organizations are notoriously sloppy about verifying their sources. All in all, it was amazingly easy for Soviet-bloc spy organizations to fake many such reports and spread them around the free world"

This is an opinion, not a quote about Kerry. To me it sounds like does not directly implicate John Kerry, not that he should be defended for what he said, but this is another article that is taken out of context and run with without further examination. We do not know the atrocities of any war, and what our operatives do or do not do at any one given time. My experience as a person who watched the Viet Nam war very closely, is those who were incountry and experienced a lot of conflict don't speak much, those who were in communication tents on the beach with their "mama sans", talk a lot. Since when do we give so much credence to a "Romanian Defector" the highest ranking soviet official to defect... Romania if my history memory serves me well was guilty of its own share of atrocities within its borders.

10. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 15 / -13

11. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

LOL..!! You're using Wikipedia as a reference..? The "free encyclopedia that anyone can edit"...?!? :rofl:

12. Mainefan

Mainefan Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The Winter Solder investigation is very well known. It was conducted by the US Congress and it revealed actions committed by US soldiers that were exactly as Kerry described, if not worse.

Next, you're going to be telling us that there was no such thing as My Lai, or that it was the only such incident.

13. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +309 / 9 / -12

You seem very confused. I don't recall GWB calling McCain or Cleeland a war criminal for their actions on NAm nor do I recall Bush saying the committing war crimes was US goveremnt policy. Kerry did both of those things.

It is also notable that th group in Europe who tracked US war crimes in Nam was funded by the KGB. Kerry was in the inactive reserve when he was involved in Winter Soldier and slandering his fellow soldiers. He wasn't a private citizen. He met with NVA reps and could have been court marshalled. He probably wasn't because of his political connections.

14. Mainefan

Mainefan Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

By the way, QuiGon, if you find Wikipedia in error, fix it. But make fun of it at your peril. It gets more scrutiny than anything else on the web, and by people who actually know the facts. When they disagree, and they do, the controversy is noted and explained.

15. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +309 / 9 / -12

The salient points of the article were 1) the KGB ran disinformation campaigns about the US during the VietNam war 2) They funded many of the 'peace' groups in Europe 3) VVAW was affilated with a KGB funded group.
    4) the rhetoric used in Winter soldier was from the KGB playbook of disinformation (lies) about the US. 5) The Russian KGB head Andropov considered Winter Soldier a coup for their side.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2005
  16. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +309 / 9 / -12

Gee what credibility would the head of Rumanian Secret police who worked with Andropov and the Kgb have next to an anonomous author from Wikipedia, yeah that the ticket.

17. Blue Collar

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Now it's ok to pre-convict soldiers ?

18. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +309 / 9 / -12

Who am I preconvicting? Certainly not Kerry, I would call him at best a dupe (useful idiot is I believe the Solviets used). I didn't say he was conciously working with the KGB.

One does wonder why he won't sign a release of his military records though?

19. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 15 / -13

You really should read about the Winter Soldier investigation. The typical way to challenge Kerry on this is to call into doubt the Winter Soldier investigation itself, which a number of right wingers have tried to do. But, to defend the author's ignorance by pretending Wikipedia made up the Winter Soldier investigation is bizarre. It's well known that Kerry based his accusations on testimony by scores Vietnam vets at the Winter Soldier investigation. While some of those vets may have been frauds, to my knowledge no one has charged the majority of them with that.

20. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +530 / 14 / -28

This may or may not be true, but the faux pas of all of this is to link it to Kerry. This article and author has been discussed previously, and to just take the word of a defected Romanian KGB agent, raises doubt about his motivation. Do you think he is a tad biased?? I am not a fan of Kerry, but this looks like another swift boat effort to make these type of linkages. I have seen the link between the KGB/Russia and the Peace Movement in US, and as someone who was there never saw this.