PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kentucky Fried Fumble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patjew

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I've always loved Kevin Faulk. He always seemed to come up big and change momentum to the Pats's favor. Before the Denver game I was talking about how underrated he is. (I cursed him!)

But now I can't get that key game changing (IMO) fumble out of my head. I'm really wondering how he will come back from that.

He's a pro ... I'm sure he'll come back fine. I love Kevin Faulk, so shifty, and seemingly always good for tearing off a 15 yard run in a big game when you need him to.

Fumbles are the knock on him though. But don't worry about how he'll handle it, it's not like he hasn't put the ball down before ;)

He's DOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMED!!!!

Hes a very good backup and reliable, but I agree..he would be so much better if the fumbles were better controlled. Hes gotta do what Tiki did to fumble a lot less.

pats1 said:
He's DOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMED!!!!
Not saying that- no doom and gloomer here.

But there are some plays that change a pro's career forever- make them tentative, whatever. Just hoping this isn't one of them.

Remix 6 said:
Hes a very good backup and reliable, but I agree..he would be so much better if the fumbles were better controlled. Hes gotta do what Tiki did to fumble a lot less.
Carry the ball up near his neck? Amazing to me how Tiki does that and not lose anything as a RB. In fact, he's better than ever.

Patjew said:
Not saying that- no doom and gloomer here.

But there are some plays that change a pro's career forever- make them tentative, whatever. Just hoping this isn't one of them.

He's had quite a few before, so I don't think he'll be devastated by it. I'm also thinking the Pats at least found some..err..comfort in the fact that there were some..err..questionable calls that had some bearing on the game. That was pretty evident by the Pats' body language all game:

ImgDyn.cfm

hey..whatever it takes for him to not fumble. I think if he carries it up higher without much room to wiggle it out, he wont lose speed if he practices it well.

ive never liked faulk
and ive been bashing him on this board for yrs

but im sure he'll come back and do what he always does, make some great plays, and make some bonehead plays

Patjew said:
But now I can't get that key game changing (IMO) fumble out of my head. I'm really wondering how he will come back from that.

He wasn't the only patriot that fumbled in that game. We also tossed a big interception, but we overlook those because they can happen to anyone. Then again so can fumbles, but then again there were three of those in that game and one by a guy(troy brown) we just signed the other day that substituted for the PR(tim dwight) the entire game.
I never understood that substitution?!? The weirdest thing to happen in that Denver/NE game.

yeah i always questioned that too..Dwight is faster and more agile than Brown is..but why do they rotate? keeping 1 would of been smarter in my opinion.

patriotsox said:
He wasn't the only patriot that fumbled in that game. We also tossed a big interception, but we overlook those because they can happen to anyone. Then again so can fumbles, but then again there were three of those in that game and one by a guy(troy brown) we just signed the other day that substituted for the PR(tim dwight) the entire game.
I never understood that substitution?!? The weirdest thing to happen in that Denver/NE game.
My take was that they put in the veteran with the best hands for the critical return. Irony...

Faulk will come back from it fine . . . he's had plenty of practice coming back from fumbles, unfortunately. Whether Belichick will give him the ball as much in big games is certainly a question. It's a shame because Kevin has a big impact but the fumble is always around the corner :(

Maybe we'll see more of P-Pass this year? He looked good in spots when KF and CD were out. He was a beast in Denver during the regular season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back