PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kentucky Derby

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoLewisrocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Not even OT - Peyton and Tommy were each just interviewed on the pre race show on NBC. Peyton said the Derby was the most exciting 2 minutes in sports :rolleyes: (I guess if you live in Indiana) and compared the Derby to the excitement of a Superbowl or World Series (neither of which he has any direct knowledge of of course).

A few minutes later they were reiterating the comparison to the Superbowl and of course decided what guy to better ask about the comparison than a guy whose won 3 of them Superbowls. Tommy said this is his 4th Derby and he's been to 3 Superbowls - he hopes to even that up this year and he plans to attend a whole lot more of each. :D

For those who care about such things, Peyton as usual was buttoned up in his best Sunday go to meeting suit and tie. Joe Cool was sporting the casual sport jacket, open collar and shades.

Peyton's pick - Sinister Minister (Trainer Baffert says he's a freaky talent but needs the lead to win)

Tommy's pick - Bob and John (also trained by Baffert who says this horse is a stalker who will hang around and snatch the lead at the wire) because he's owned by the Texans' owner and therefore representing the NFL

Last edited:
I really don't appreciate Peyton picking my horse. That can't be a good sign.

I have it shaping out like this:

Win: Sinister Minister
Place: Steppenwolfer
Show: Keyed Entry

Damn you, Peyton! GRRR! Ruining my prediction.

MoLewisrocks said:
Tommy said this is his 4th Derby and he's been to 3 Superbowls - he hopes to even that up this year and he plans to attend a whole lot more of each.

I hope it is toss TDs and not coins. :D

MoLewisrocks said:
For those who care about such things, Peyton as usual was buttoned up in his best Sunday go to meeting suit and tie. Joe Cool was sporting the casual sport jacket, open collar and shades.

That'd be me and he did look great. Mixin' a little seersucker with a silk shirt. Very impressive. Very GQ.

can anyone post a pic of tom at the kentucky derby?

No pic of Tom

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

Last edited:
LMAO at the boller pic!!!...he's about to be unemployed. My favorite line from Kiper last weekend was that the Packers defense was so bad it made Boller look like a Hall of Famer...I found that very Shannon Sharpe-esque.:D

wonder if tom tried one of those $1,000 mint juleps...that's the most absurd thing I've ever heard.

fwiw, espn showed a clip of 12 at a party out there...I couldn't understand what the hell he said, but is there a cooler cat on this planet? just for one day! or to at least live off his scraps like Peyton (there's plenty of space on that forehead for a capital "L").

manning is now comparing experiences to the super bowl -- Dr. Phil couldn't even help this guy...we're talking freud in vienna levels of neurosis.

too bad they didn't let the other guys get some air time (a bunch of Pats went out there together).

Neumy could've done the interview (I miss that crazy dude)

i just saw tom's pic on the kentucky derby website, he sure looks hot.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye