PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kenny Phillips on Sirius NFL Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seymour93

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
FWIW, I caught the tail end of his interview with Dan Reeves and some other host tonight. Reeves asked him if he could play for any franchise, which one would it be for? Phillips responded that he just didn't want to play in cold weather, mentioning Green Bay in particular, because he was born and raised in sunny Miami. I thought it was an interesting answer because I was expecting something like "I've been a Cowboys fan all my life" or "It doesn't matter which one I play for; It's just an honor to play in the NFL." I wonder if he thinks New England is too cold.

That officially takes him off my list, he's not a football player he's a athlete.
We need to get back to the blue collar team mentality, that won us 3 world championships.
Someone saying how they love the heat and hate the cold, yeah that's the guy I want in the playoff's when it's all on the line and it's zero below freezing.
Sorry Mr Philips, you just passed up on New England, buffallo, Chicago, and any other cold weathered region.
Cause nobody wants to pay millions upon millions to a crybaby.
It's a shame there aren't enough Rodney Harrison's willie clays of the world.
Somebody please give me a scouting list of safeties who don't have sand in their clitoris please.

Last edited:
That officially takes him off my list, he's not a football player he's a athlete.
We need to get back to the blue collar team mentality, that won us 3 world championships.
Someone saying how they love the heat and hate the cold, yeah that's the guy I want in the playoff's when it's all on the line and it's zero below freezing.
Sorry Mr Philips, you just passed up on New England, buffallo, Chicago, and any other cold weathered region.
Cause nobody wants to pay millions upon millions to a crybaby.
It's a shame there aren't enough Rodney Harrison's willie clays of the world.
Somebody please give me a scouting list of safeties who don't have sand in their clitoris please.

Keep in mind that Asante and some others aren't big fans of the cold, and Asante's even said he'd like to play in Florida. So, I wouldn't come to the conclusion that Phillips saying he'd like to play for a warm weather team means he's a "crybaby" and can't man up.

Oh, and it's "he's an athlete", not "he's a athlete".

Mark my words, the Pats rookie class looks something like this:

1. FS Kenny Phillips, Miami :rocker:
2. CB Brandon Flowers, VT
3a. LB Phillip Wheeler, GT
3b. OL Mike McGlynn, Pittsburgh :yeahthat:
4. HB/TE/FB Owen Schmitt, WV :violent:
5. WR Eddie Royal, VT
6. DB Tyvon Branch, UConn :wha:
7. LB Thomas Williams, USC

Mark my words, the Pats rookie class looks something like this:

1. FS Kenny Phillips, Miami :rocker:
2. CB Brandon Flowers, VT
3a. LB Phillip Wheeler, GT
3b. OL Mike McGlynn, Pittsburgh :yeahthat:
4. HB/TE/FB Owen Schmitt, WV :violent:
5. WR Eddie Royal, VT
6. DB Tyvon Branch, UConn :wha:
7. LB Thomas Williams, USC

Kenny Phillips @ #7.. This after harrison is coming back and Merriweather picked last year..
Don't see it happening.. I see a CB or LB.

I really like the idea of taking Thomas Williams with our last pick; if he is faster than Lua, who he would have to beat out for a spot if BB doesn't add more than he loses at ILB this offseason.
I think Williams and Lua both have above average instincts, special teams ability and play the position similar so whoever is faster, should be able to win the roster spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes