PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kenny Britt is reportedly visiting Patriots Sunday 3/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenny Britt is reportedly visiting Patriots tomorrow

As long as it's for little enough money that cutting him before the season isn't a problem, I don't see the downside.

I'm not optimistic that he'll amount to anything, but sure, what the hell. Throw enough of these guys at the wall and one of them might stick. In the 90 man roster era it's a pretty low bar that you have to clear to be worth bringing in to camp.

Britt visited Fisher in St. Louis today (15th). Fisher was HC of Tenn. when he did well.

Worth the flyer, haven't heard any police stuff lately ........ Rutgers, so it was going to happen.

The only way I would sign Britt with little or no guarantees. Before his injury, he had ton of potential. Now it is completely unknown what he has left. He is also a potential cancer too.

Personally, I would rather sign LaFell over him, but the contract has to be no risk to bring in Britt IMHO.

As long as it's for little enough money that cutting him before the season isn't a problem, I don't see the downside.

I'm not optimistic that he'll amount to anything, but sure, what the hell. Throw enough of these guys at the wall and one of them might stick. In the 90 man roster era it's a pretty low bar that you have to clear to be worth bringing in to camp.

I still get nightmares for the past OchoCinco signing...

Personally, I would rather sign LaFell over him, but the contract has to be no risk to bring in Britt IMHO.

I think LaFell wuold be a great signing.

I don't like Britt for the same reason I don't like Nicks. Lazy players with bad attitudes.

This is a season with vets and young players with high potential making a Super Bowl run. Let's not give them cancer.

I'd rather have Austin.

I'm not a fan of us signing him, but that's why BB runs things and I don't! I'm sure if BB sees something he likes, he'll make a move.

Well, either the visit will be canceled or his only shot will be to sign for no guaranteed money and try to win a spot on the roster.

Who cares : P He is not gonna cost us anything and if worse comes to worse we cut him and we only lose the 50K signing bonus or whatever.

3-year deal for LaFell, doesn't sound like he's getting the Jenkins "prove it or else" treatment.

Well to be fair they didn't bring back either of the other two WR.

Steve Smith- Cut
Tedd Ginn- Signed with Cardinals

Doesn't even seem like they want any WR. There were reports of them being interested in Hakeem Nicks but he want to the Colts.

Also Rapport reported they did have some interest in bringing him back.

I stand corrected then. The Panthers are screwed either way. Cam Newton can't be happy. Greg Olsen is his only target as of now.

Panthers are taking a BIG step back at WR...Newton is in a contract year as well

Panthers are taking a BIG step back at WR...Newton is in a contract year as well

Unless they load up on them in the draft. Granted it won't help them replace all they lost this season unless they get very lucky.

LaFell was the first FA signing that I wasn't excited about at all this offseason. This is the second. Britt's knees are trashed.

Unless they load up on them in the draft. Granted it won't help them replace all they lost this season unless they get very lucky.

Most figure that is what they will do. 2-3 WRs in the draft....

Though, with LaFell, do we really need to sign Britt?

Perennial bottom feeders/all mismanaged teams all have years where they exceed expectations and make the playoffs only to fall back into the norm with terrible front office moves...

I mean you would think their front office would have a plan after letting EVERY starting receiver on their roster walk and cutting a face of the franchise.

LaFell was the first FA signing that I wasn't excited about at all this offseason. This is the second. Britt's knees are trashed.

Yes, don't we have enough WRs that has past history of injuries?

At least LaFell missed 4games in 4yrs... More durable than all our current WRs..

I do not want another WR with "very good WHEN HEALTHY" excuse...

I don't get what the obsession is with collecting all these JAG receivers. Not what I was hoping for Tom's last few years. Looks like the plan is to continue to take average guys and let Tom turn them into stars as opposed to getting him some pure talent to help him out a bit. I was still holding out for at least one significant draft pick up but with these signings, that doesn't look to be the case.

Edelman, Britt, Lafell, KT, Dobson....I guess if you can't land a couple of 8's or 9's, we'll just carry 5 7's?

Hope Bill and McDaneils have a plan for 5 wide sets, because otherwise, I'm just not seeing the impact here.

You think we're drafting another 2 or 3 WRs? lol.

No.

This draft is going to be focused on the trenches and tight end positions primarily.

Oh yeah, and the annual never before heard of safety.

I think Britt is overkill honestly but still has a better chance of making an impact than a mid round rookie next year

I don't get what the obsession is with collecting all these JAG receivers. Not what I was hoping for Tom's last few years. Looks like the plan is to continue to take average guys and let Tom turn them into stars as opposed to getting him some pure talent to help him out a bit. I was still holding out for at least one significant draft pick up but with these signings, that doesn't look to be the case.

Edelman, Britt, Lafell, KT, Dobson....I guess if you can't land a couple of 8's or 9's, we'll just carry 5 7's?

Hope Bill and McDaneils have a plan for 5 wide sets, because otherwise, I'm just not seeing the impact here.

My guess is bringing in as many experienced and big body receivers as they can to have them compete for spots.

The answer to the number of WR's we are likely to draft is "0-1".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back