PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kenny Britt is reportedly visiting Patriots Sunday 3/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you give Boyce a roster spot and suggest Thomkins has to compete for a spot? Boyce did nothing last year. And you're not the only one that thinks this. What am I missing?

Jerry Thornton ‏@jerrythornton1 3m

Edelman, Dobson, Boyce, LaFell + competition for the last spot (Thompkins, Harrison, Britt).[/QUOTE]

Nooooooo

LaFell is mediocre, a potential Michael Jenkins move. I don't much like Britt either but at least there is some upside to his game.

Who cares : P He is not gonna cost us anything and if worse comes to worse we cut him and we only lose the 50K signing bonus or whatever.

On April 12, 2011 Britt was arrested in New Jersey on three counts (including a felony) following an alleged car chase with police. The charges were later reduced.[8] On June 7, Britt pled guilty to careless driving and was fined.[9] On June 8, 2012, Britt was arrested in Hoboken, NJ, charged with resisting arrest.[10] On January 13, 2013, Britt's close personal friend was involved in a stabbing, and reportedly drove him to the Jersey City Medical Center. When police attempted to ask Britt about the incident, he was allegedly not willing to cooperate. The incident marks the ninth time Britt was involved with police since he joined the NFL.[11]

So, bring in Blackmon too and they can visit AH in jail....

LaFell is much less talented than those two, but I bet he makes it through the season w/o being arrested.

Britt's knees are trashed too.
Britt has been involved with cops nine times -- NINE TIMES!!! -- since entering the NFL. What the hell is wrong with this guy?

Britt has been involved with cops nine times -- NINE TIMES!!! -- since entering the NFL. What the hell is wrong with this guy?

He like the thrill of Need for Speed while smoking a joint. You think Amendola is injury prone, this guy will shatter his knees just by climbing up the ladder.

Why do you give Boyce a roster spot and suggest Thomkins has to compete for a spot? Boyce did nothing last year. And you're not the only one that thinks this. What am I missing?

Boyce took over kick returning duties before he got hurt. Also for some they think he has more upside than Thompkins.

juke1.gif

I know it's not 9 times, but Thompkins records aren't clean either, if I'm not mistaken.

Jerry Thornton ‏@jerrythornton1 3m

Edelman, Dobson, Boyce, LaFell + competition for the last spot (Thompkins, Harrison, Britt).
[/QUOTE]

This:

Ryan Mallett 40-yard TD pass - NFL Videos

Boyce can take the top off a defense. Dobson can run those routes, too, but he hasn't got Boyce's sheer speed. Boyce missed most of OTA's and early season workouts with his foot, iirc. When I saw him at the open practice, he had a burst that left the corners in the dust. he came off his break so fast, he found sudden separation.

The book's out on him, agreed, but he's got a ton of upside. Not the kind of guy you give up on after one year, certainly.

God, Kembrel Thompkins just had the 2nd best rookie WR stats in the 14 year BB era. I'm having a problem trying to figure out why so many are ready to summarily discard him for the next shiny new toy.

Kenny Britt has been the epitome of the Anti-Patriot. A selfish, immature, albeit talented player, who has squandered most of his 4 year career. Reliability is one of "the Patriot Way's important tenets. Yet that last thing you would call Kenny Britt is reliable. Add in the part that he's coming off and injury plague last 3 years, and he's one step from a year's suspension, and yeah, I can certainly see what everyone wants to sign him. :rolleyes:

The truth is, I don't care what FA WR's we sign at this point, just so long as they are at the vet minimum, as Britt would be. Until proven different, he would be just camp fodder to me. A guy who desperately needs the Pats much more than the Pats need him. So sign me up. I guess I'm on the Britt Bandwagon. :rolleyes: If we eventually need a bigger WR at some point in the season, I'd much rather it be Harrison

God, Kembrel Thompkins just had the 2nd best rookie WR stats in the 14 year BB era. I'm having a problem trying to figure out why so many are ready to summarily discard him for the next shiny new toy.

Kenny Britt has been the epitome of the Anti-Patriot. A selfish, immature, albeit talented player, who has squandered most of his 4 year career. Reliability is one of "the Patriot Way's important tenets. Yet that last thing you would call Kenny Britt is reliable. Add in the part that he's coming off and injury plague last 3 years, and he's one step from a year's suspension, and yeah, I can certainly see what everyone wants to sign him. :rolleyes:

The truth is, I don't care what FA WR's we sign at this point, just so long as they are at the vet minimum, as Britt would be. Until proven different, he would be just camp fodder to me. A guy who desperately needs the Pats much more than the Pats need him. So sign me up. I guess I'm on the Britt Bandwagon. :rolleyes: If we eventually need a bigger WR at some point in the season, I'd much rather it be Harrison

Thompkins went undrafted. Boyce was drafted. That distorts views. Thompkins was miles better in training camp (was frequently apart of the first team while Boyce found himself mostly with Mallett/Tebow), preseason, and the regular season.

In no way is Boyce a lock, especially if we add Lafell/Britt. I'm not saying Thompkins is either, but he would be kept over Boyce. Thompkins injury riddled second half of the season is making people forget his Falcons/Saints/Bucs games.

all in the state of NJ i think...keep him away from the cesspool!

Nooooooo

LaFell is mediocre, a potential Michael Jenkins move. I don't much like Britt either but at least there is some upside to his game. The Panthers are in desperate need for a WR and it doesn't appear they've even considered bringing back LaFell.

Well to be fair they didn't bring back either of the other two WR.

Steve Smith- Cut
Tedd Ginn- Signed with Cardinals

Doesn't even seem like they want any WR. There were reports of them being interested in Hakeem Nicks but he want to the Colts.

Also Rapport reported they did have some interest in bringing him back.

Thompkins went undrafted. Boyce was drafted. That distorts views. Thompkins was miles better in training camp (was frequently apart of the first team while Boyce found himself mostly with Mallett/Tebow), preseason, and the regular season.

In no way is Boyce a lock, especially if we add Lafell/Britt. I'm not saying Thompkins is either, but he would be kept over Boyce. Thompkins injury riddled second half of the season is making people forget his Falcons/Saints/Bucs games.
I'm in favor of anything that promotes competition during training camp, OTAs etc. From there, whatever sticks and works best with Brady is fine by me.

I'm in favor of anything that promotes competition during training camp, OTAs etc. From there, whatever sticks and works best with Brady is fine by me.

Is Britt any better than austin collie? Both have past injuries. I would think Collie would be a cheaper WR than Britt... If we need another WR, we need a #1 WR, or move up the draft to get a stud TE/WR. Eric Ebron?

Is Britt any better than austin collie? Both have past injuries. I would think Collie would be a cheaper WR than Britt... If we need another WR, we need a #1 WR, or move up the draft to get a stud TE/WR. Eric Ebron?
Britt's ceiling is higher than Collie's but Collie tends to move the chains. If you're looking for a playmaker you go with Britt, if you're looking for a dependable chain mover you go with Collie.

The issues with Collie and Britt are health related. Both have shown they can be very good players in the NFL.

while i am optimistic dobson can make that 2nd year leap as an outside playmaker, i wouldn't mind a flyer on britt

his health is iffy, his off the field can be messy......but IF he's on, he's has proven big play ability

and with his health & personal issues, he should be a one year prove it contract guy....low money, a few incentives, a personal conduct clause

we do have a knack for those prove it contracts......

I am sort of surprised that the Aaron Hernandez debacle hasn't caused them to shy away from the Browner and Britt types.

And that's not a criticism. By surprised, I mean pleasantly surprised.

I am sort of surprised that the Aaron Hernandez debacle hasn't caused them to shy away from the Browner and Britt types.

And that's not a criticism. By surprised, I mean pleasantly surprised.

Same here. I thought Kraft would give the word out that "clean-cut players, only". Kraft needs to keep his reputation...

This:

Ryan Mallett 40-yard TD pass - NFL Videos

Boyce can take the top off a defense. Dobson can run those routes, too, but he hasn't got Boyce's sheer speed. Boyce missed most of OTA's and early season workouts with his foot, iirc. When I saw him at the open practice, he had a burst that left the corners in the dust. he came off his break so fast, he found sudden separation.

The book's out on him, agreed, but he's got a ton of upside. Not the kind of guy you give up on after one year, certainly.[/QUOTE]

Based on this video I think we can get 2 first round picks for Mallet

all in the state of NJ i think...keep him away from the cesspool!
Whoa, I didn't know this. Criminality happens there out of sheer reflex. They'd have to keep him on a short leash when we visit New Giants Stadium, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back