PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kenny Bell, WR, Nebraska

manxman2601

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
He's a name that jumped off the pages when I looked at combine performances this morning:

He's:

6'1", 197lbs.

4.42 forty
1.55 10yd split
VJ - 41.5"
BJ - 10'9"
3Cone - 6.66
SS - 4.11

Matt Waldman is a big fan:

I’m a fan of quick, physical, technically sound, smart, and versatile football players. Kenny Bell hits these marks. I’ve seen three games of Bell’s work and I’m a fan in the same way I was a fan of Odell Beckham and Marvin Jones.

Here's his hour long study of his game:

Kenny Bell highlights:

And he met informally with the Patriots at the combine:

FWIW Nebraska WR Kenny Bell says #Patriots were one of 18 or so teams he had informal meetings with last night.

https://twitter.com/JumboHart/status/568456695191609345

He's quietly under the radar, and I like it that way. I think he's right up there with Tre McBride. Similar size, speed and athleticism. He's also apparently a tough, physical kid who isn't afraid to go over the middle. Jeff Risdon says he can block, too.

He's quietly under the radar, and I like it that way. I think he's right up there with Tre McBride. Similar size, speed and athleticism. He's also apparently a tough, physical kid who isn't afraid to go over the middle. Jeff Risdon says he can block, too.

I always trust Matt Waldman when it comes to potential Patriots at the offensive skill positions. He was ahead of the curve on Shane Vereen and Kenbrell Thompkins. And why we didn't end up drafting Marvin Jones still befuddles me.

I always trust Matt Waldman when it comes to potential Patriots at the offensive skill positions. He was ahead of the curve on Shane Vereen and Kenbrell Thompkins. And why we didn't end up drafting Marvin Jones still befuddles me.

Walkman calls him a "physical, fearless football player". His KR capability would obviously be a plus.

Poking around a little more:

- Strong on ST coverage teams
- Skilled and active blocker at WR
- Good route runner
- High football IQ
- Hard worker and locker room leader
- Son of an NFL player

So...yeah. :)

Poking around a little more:

- Strong on ST coverage teams
- Skilled and active blocker at WR
- Good route runner
- High football IQ
- Hard worker and locker room leader
- Son of an NFL player

So...yeah. :)

And Afro

460x.jpg

He's my type of receiver: Highpoints the ball. has excellent body control, catches the ball away from the body. Three of the things I look for most in a WR. As a prospect I give the edge to McBride but I think Bell gets the edge as a potential Patriot.

Manx left this out of his film clips (though I'm sure it's embedded in the longer clips somewhere):

I'm sure that will mean more to BB than any of yesterday's measurements.

Manx left this out of his film clips (though I'm sure it's embedded in the longer clips somewhere):

I'm sure that will mean more to BB than any of yesterday's measurements.

Incredible that was called a penalty on Bell

He did lift 225 the total of 7 times :eek:

I love him as a prospect, he checks all the boxes on the field and has no off-field problems. What round is he predicted to go in? Because him and McBride are the only receivers I really want for us in the draft (other than Jaelen strong)

I love him as a prospect, he checks all the boxes on the field and has no off-field problems. What round is he predicted to go in? Because him and McBride are the only receivers I really want for us in the draft (other than Jaelen strong)

Has been projected as a late-round pick but could easily rise with this Combine perfomance.

Has been projected as a late-round pick but could easily rise with this Combine perfomance.
Id prefer to grab him in the 6th or 7th but wouldnt mind at all using our last 4th on him. We only have a few holes so we need to hit on our picks. Quality over quantity.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back