Welcome to PatsFans.com

Kennedy Friend Recalls How Much He Loved to Joke About Chappaquiddick

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Aug 28, 2009.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

2. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,363 / 26 / -47

No Jersey Selected

Sounds like they were real knee slappers. :rolleyes: Meanwhile, a girl who was abducted for 18 years is found today and the liberal press is still mourning over this fat hunk of ****. Yeah, it's real funny that you murdered someone and got away with it.

I said it before, I'll say it again: the government might as well take a hot, steamy dump on Arlington National Cemetery and all of the REAL men buried there because they're basically already doing it with buring Kennedy with them.
  3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +776 / 5 / -15

#87 Jersey

Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +489 / 2 / -9

There used to ba an old saying in Hyannisport among the natives.

"you know it's summertime when you see Teddy driving his mothers old Rosemobile down the sidewalk headed for the Liquor Store"

Where is "Poor Joan" his first wife, haven't seen anything about her since Uncle Teddy passed on....:confused:
  5. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

Yeah, I saw that.......... I have no problems making comments about was a POS he was in life now. Sure we'll get accuse of pissing on grave or being "in poor taste"..... What the heck fellas, it's all in good fun right? Just trying to get a chuckle at old Teddy's expense. :rolleyes:
  6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

If I have to choose, I'd rather a political leader with flaws in his personal life and principle in his public life. To me, that sums up Kennedy. All the criticisms of him seem to center around private things that happened years ago. Bush, for instance, possibly led a better private life than Kennedy, but his policies caused the needless deaths of 4,000 Americans, not mentions tens of thousands of Iraqi civilians. History may judge Bush's private life as better than that of Kennedy's, but Bush's public life will be recognized as an absolute failure, while Kennedy record is very impressive in that regard.
  7. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

Speaking of a lack of integrity in public life Patters, here is the text of the internal KGB letter about T Kennedy from to 80's:

Kennndy was a scumbag who viewed Reagan as the bad guy not the USSR, and tried to work with the USSR to influence our election. Party over country for this total POS.

BTW this quote is public domain, since these are documents released by the Russian gov after the fall of the USSR and are not subject to copywrite.
  8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Reagan was the scumbag who proliferated drug and arms trade to secretly fund death squads on his own hemisphere in order to "combat" the phantom of "communism." Doing so in direct contradiction to his fraudulent "war on drugs" mantra.

Nothing Kennedy might have done here can be seen as anything beyond diplomacy and common sense during a renewed period of friction brought on by LeMay-like bloodlust... The kind you bathe in.

More hate from the hate party. This is why you keep losing lately.
  9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

What you say about Reagan is true and I agree, but that doesn't absolve Kennedy. Kennedy was out of bounds on his communications with Andropov. I don't understand how you could not see that. It was a clear overstep of his constitutional authority.
  10. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

did Charlie Wilson overstep?
  11. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +776 / 5 / -15

#87 Jersey

Oh I don't know Patters ... are you just being nice on that one.
    Bush did different things ... I really never understood Laura and George.
  12. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

The measure of a man, as Dr. King said is not how he responds in time of comfort but in times of crisis. JFK had his PT boat shot from underneath him and saved a fellow sailor's life by dragging him to shore with his life jacket in his teeth. RFK prevented a riot in Indianapolis on the night Martin Luther King was assassinated by calming a crowd and talking about his loss and that of his family to an assassin's bullet......
    Mary Jo was in a submerged car for over 12 hours before the authorities were called....after the family lawyer was called.................The Kopechne family might disagree with your characterization of it as a private thing....
  13. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

it's interesting that the option to rate threads has been removed for some posters...
  14. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Not some, all non-VIP posters can no longer rate threads.
  15. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

Reagan won the cold war and put policies that revived the economy. You are probably too young to remember the malaise speech, or 16% interest rates on mortgages and the rest of the mess from Johnson, Nixon and Carter.

Reagan was a great President.
  16. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

blah blah blah........while you're at it, don't forget lyndon johnsons lies who led to 10x the national damage of dubya

you are a liberal apologist......you'd be all over his crap if he were a republican
  17. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

to patters, mary jo's life was worth it
  18. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Please get over yourself, and your self pleasure at the mere thought of re-writing history for your hero.

Reagan didn't "win the cold war," reactionary one. A multitude of factors contributed to the bankruptcy of the USSR -- the vast, VAST majority of which were internal. If anything, the actor prolonged and intensified the cold war. Get a clue.

William Blum: Reagan Didn't End the Cold War

Gorbachev's close adviser, Aleksandr Yakovlev, when asked whether the Reagan administration's higher military spending, combined with its "Evil Empire" rhetoric, forced the Soviet Union into a more conciliatory position, responded:

It played no role. None. I can tell you that with the fullest responsibility. Gorbachev and I were ready for changes in our policy regardless of whether the American president was Reagan, or Kennedy, or someone even more liberal. It was clear that our military spending was enormous and we had to reduce it.​

Don't Credit Reagan for Ending the Cold War

In a December 2003 interview, former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev said the fall of the Soviet Union had nothing to do with the arms race. "When it became clear to us that the one-party model was mistaken, we rejected that model," he said. "A new generation of more educated people started to be active. Then society required freedom, society demanded freedom."

It was not Reagan's military buildup or bellicose threats against the Soviets and their allies that brought down the system. Instead, such threats possibly allowed these regimes to hold on to power even longer as people rallied to support the government in the face of the perceived American threat.

Sometimes, I just can't tell if you're blatantly lying, or just dumb.
  19. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Yeah, Teddy's "Principle" in life was: steal from those who work and give it to those who won't work. Kennedy's "passionate" support of massive welfare and other give-aways at the tax-payers' expense, while HIS PERSONAL FORTUNE of billions of dollars has been protected by all kinds of fancy "trust funds" and other assorted Wall Street slickster lawyers covering his rather large bottom, is Ted Kennedy's legacy. He stole from those who played by the rules and worked, and he gave that stolen money to those who didn't work.

His policies encouraged women NOT to marry when they had children, because then the welfare payments would end. Kennedy's support of the "minimum wage" effectively sent so many MILLIONS of jobs overseas -- jobs that will NEVER return to America -- and caused so many people to seek tax-payer monies ..... this is the Kennedy legacy. Take from the working tax-payer and give it to those who do not want to work. A key factor in destroying America.

America is far better off without his demagoguery and hypocrisy, and his pernicious effect on America. The father, Joe Kennedy, was a gangster who should have been imprisoned for his crimes; so much tragedy would have been prevented.

//
  20. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

Tanked, it was the liberal Democrats and students who forced LBJ to resign. He may have been great on civil rights, but liberals were principled enough back then to turn against LBJ because of the war. (It's also why Humphrey lost to Nixon; liberals were not going to let the slaughter of our young men and women as well as Vietnamese civilians go on.) I don't think you can find an example of Republicans acting like anything other than sycophants to their leaders, even rationalizing the Iraq war for years while our troops were being killed.