PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

kenbrell and Dobson

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should be rooting for Kenbrell and or Dobson to step up and become a #One Wide out.

We should? Great! Was anyone here not rooting for that?

Also, do you know Jerry Rice's training program?

Rooting for him to be our clear #1 and putting up 1500 yards is biased. My opinion of his skill set and how much opportunity he gets to build chemistry with Brady and passes Brady throws him is very biased. So What! Look at all the time and opportunity Edelman has to build chemistry with Brady. And he is just a slot that on most teams would never be more than a #3 WR for short passes. Even say Boyce, give him 5 seasons as a backup while he worksband trains to build chemistry with Brady and he could be a 100 catch slot with deep speed to open up the offense. If Bellichick could draft WRs with any talent and give them opportunity to develop, Edelman would have been cut as we already had a slot in WWelker. Edelman is the #One because of his long rapport with Brady, not due to a complete skill set

Im just saying Kenbrell and Dobson are the most gifted WRs we had other than Moss. We should be rooting for them to step up as our consistent playmakers who make those bigger plays consistently

If Bellichick could draft WRs with any talent and give them opportunity to develop, Edelman would have been cut as we already had a slot in WWelker. Edelman is the #One because of his long rapport with Brady, not due to a complete skill set

Your posts are getting stupider and stupider. Edelman is an extrmely well rounded and skilled football player. Are you kidding? He is a success because of his skillset. For instance how does one become the 4th best punt return man in the history of the NFL?

Is that because of his relationship with Tom Brady?

Just stop! We get it, you are (or claim) you are buds with KT. Great. Everyone here is pulling for him and he has talent. Lets see what he can do in year two.

Bruin, i Know you and some others want Kenbrell and Dobson to reach full potential as consistent true #1 playmakers. However, some are wanting them as #3-4 WRs while they just compliment Edelman/Amendola
We should? Great! Was anyone here not rooting for that?

Also, do you know Jerry Rice's training program?

Bruin, i Know you and some others want Kenbrell and Dobson to reach full potential as consistent true #1 playmakers. However, some are wanting them as #3-4 WRs while they just compliment Edelman/Amendola

I am pretty sure everyone here wants them to be huge successful deep threat, all pro killers. Point out who does not "want" that.

Your posts are getting stupider and stupider. Edelman is an extrmely well rounded and skilled football player. Are you kidding? He is a success because of his skillset. For instance how does one become the 4th best punt return man in the history of the NFL?

Is that because of his relationship with Tom Brady?

Just stop! We get it, you are (or claim) you are buds with KT. Great. Everyone here is pulling for him and he has talent. Lets see what he can do in year two.

No, you stop. Really! Special teams is schemed as well. Many great returners could not be great WRs. Hester is far more dynamic than Edelman yet not a great WR.

Look at Edelmans catches, over half are 5 yard routes he catches before reaching a single DB! Watch his highlights. He barely averages 10 ypc. He is great at what he does! But no other team would want him as their #1 while looking for Dobson as just his compliment. He rarely snatches passes over the middle at 15-20 yard range or deep like #1 WRs are expected to do. Again not a knock on him, he is very good at what he does but that's not #1 WR stuff.

No, you stop. Really! Special teams is schemed as well. Many great returners could not be great WRs. Hester is far more dynamic than Edelman yet not a great WR.

Look at Edelmans catches, over half are 5 yard routes he catches before reaching a single DB! Watch his highlights. He barely averages 10 ypc. He is great at what he does! But no other team would want him as their #1 while looking for Dobson as just his compliment. He rarely snatches passes over the middle at 15-20 yard range or deep like #1 WRs are expected to do. Again not a knock on him, he is very good at what he does but that's not #1 WR stuff.

Who is claiming JE is a "Number 1" receiver? I think you are strawmaning yourself into an fake argument.

Also, what was Jerry Rice's training program? You indicated KTs was the same as Jerry Rice's program.

Who is claiming JE is a "Number 1" receiver? I think you are strawmaning yourself into an fake argument.

Also, what was Jerry Rice's training program? You indicated KTs was the same as Jerry Rice's program.

Dude look around the board and posts discussing WR. Most of the time Edelman is referred to as the #1. And rarely does anybody say they hope Dobson surpasses him as the #1, they refer to him as the #2 or even #3 behind Edelman and Amendola.

I never said his was the same as jerry Rice's nor do I know what Rice's was exactly.I heard of some of his training and said Kenbrell's work ethic and workout intensity was like Jerry Rice's. Of course he does a different routine than Rice did when he played.

And most of the time Edelman is referred to as the #1 go to guy. I'm sure many fans do want Kenbrell or Dobson to be pro bowlers but they refer to them as going to be competing for the #3 WR behind Edelman/Amendola when actually projecting their role. Or everybody lists Edelman/Amendola as #1-2. Rarely does anybody say they hope the bigger faster Kenbrell or Dobson eclipse Edelman as Bradys #1 go to guy

Dude look around the board and posts discussing WR. Most of the time Edelman is referred to as the #1. And rarely does anybody say they hope Dobson surpasses him as the #1, they refer to him as the #2 or even #3 behind Edelman and Amendola.

I think the reason for that is due to the short/intermediate route timing game that our offense is based on. When you take that into account, it's hard to see another guy stepping up enough to be a WR that is considered a "WR1" when you have smaller, shiftier receivers who are catching 100+ balls every year.

You seem to be suggesting that Kenbrell Thompkins/Aaron Dobson can overtake Julian Edelman/Danny Amendola as the WR1 and WR2. While I think they can both show nice improvement in year two+, I'd have a difficult time envisioning us straying from the quick, timing passes that the offense is designed around.

In order to have Thompkins/Dobson overtake Edelman/Amendola as the main targets, we'd likely have to change the offensive scheme that has worked so successfully lately into a more downfield-type of passing attack. I would highly doubt that happens at this point in Brady's career.

I don't think PFC understands the slot receiver and the amount of catches spread in this offensive system. Edelman isn't the number one, Craig. We HOPE it's Dobson, it could be Thompkins. As far as ranking importance, it HAS to be Gronk, then Edelman, then DATFELL (Dobson-Amendola-Thompkins-LaFell). The Pats will go to four WR's with Gronk at TE a lot. The Pats run a ton of different formations with different first, second and third options Craig. It's not just, "he's the #1, so throw the ball to him all game as he runs go routes and 20 yard posts". They don't think that way, Craig. Here's a partial diagram of what they do...

grant_ghost-tosser_sy_57611.jpg

Speak My Language << How terminolgy in the Erhardt-Perkins system helped maintain dominance for Tom Brady and the Patriots | Grantland

It's called the Erhardt-Perkins offense that's been tweaked and modified the past 14 years.

Thanks for shining light on it joker. That's pretty much where everybody was trying to say about the offense. But you diagrammed it for us to see. And my point is if we have a couple longer faster WRs couldn't we still use the same or similar timing routes but a little deeper? Which would add more variety to the passing game and could also confuse the defenses. Absolutely there wouldn't be a clear #1. Edelman could still get 90-100 catches while a couple other WRs have equal yards on less catches due to higher ypc. I'm thinking championship this year and I don't want the passing game to struggle in the playoffs again. I want Kenbrell and Dobson to have the same chemistry with Brady to mix in more 15-20 yard passes over the middle and at the sidelines as well as a couple longer passes. That's where size speed and athleticism of a Dobson is needed. For the passing game to flourish through the super bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back