PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ken Walter, who'da'thunk'it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bishbash

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
from today's Globe:
"For the second game in a row, Ken Walter held opponents to no return yards with his high punts"

Maybe the world won't end...

I heralded his comeback a week ago and was called an idiot.

Probably because he is wildly inconsistent and can literally go from great to terrible overnight.

He was the best guy available. Please don't kid yourself that he is anything more than that, because you will just feel worse when he turns into an incompetent weak legged hack and needs to be replaced.

Hopefully that will happen next year, he has been known to play good for stretches of time before he is run out of town.

Enjoy your success while you can, it won't be long until Walter kills us.

Yeah, I remember it was always headline news when Miller had 2 decent punts.:rolleyes:

You know what they say about broken clocks.....they are right twice a day.

I think you guys may be a little hard on walter. when he first came to pats he was a welcome consistent punter who as he did this week had consistently long hang times as I recall.

the last year he was with pats he was injured and said that injury affected his ability to properly hit the ball with his foot. (an injury that supposedly is kind of similar to the one sidelining josh miller). not sure when that injury occurred but maybe it crossed seasons.

if he is healed then maybe we will be ok for rest of year. I think a healthy Miller is better, but a healthy walter is not bad either.

I think you guys may be a little hard on walter. when he first came to pats he was a welcome consistent punter who as he did this week had consistently long hang times as I recall.

the last year he was with pats he was injured and said that injury affected his ability to properly hit the ball with his foot. (an injury that supposedly is kind of similar to the one sidelining josh miller). not sure when that injury occurred but maybe it crossed seasons.

if he is healed then maybe we will be ok for rest of year. I think a healthy Miller is better, but a healthy walter is not bad either.

I'll agree with this and leave it at that.:D

Nobody paid attention to that comment after you'd posted that you thought we should keep TWO FG kickers.

As long as Walter is in a Pats uniform and is doing decently well then he will have my support.

Didn't the Pats cut Walter for a reason? Oh yeah, because his punts were so terrible in the superbowl season of '03. Then the Pats decide to bring him back because Miller is injured? Bonehead move. Walter's punts yesterday was hideous. There has got to be someone better walking the streets these days other than Ken Walter. Walter may be a great guy, but his punting sucks. Cut him and find someone else, please.

Didn't the Pats cut Walter for a reason? Oh yeah, because his punts were so terrible in the superbowl season of '03.
And in Patriot Reign Belichick was quoted as saying how did we win when we couldn't run (Antowain Smith), couldn't snap (Brian Kinchen) and couldn't punt (KEN FRICKING WALTER).

There's not two ways about it, we have a sh!tty punter. We're going with him for only one reason - he's the crappy punter that Belichick knows vs. the crappy punter that Belichick doesn't know. And that, along with being a solid holder, gives Belichick some comfort over a totally unknown guy.

Didn't the Pats cut Walter for a reason? Oh yeah, because his punts were so terrible in the superbowl season of '03. Then the Pats decide to bring him back because Miller is injured? Bonehead move. Walter's punts yesterday was hideous. There has got to be someone better walking the streets these days other than Ken Walter. Walter may be a great guy, but his punting sucks. Cut him and find someone else, please.

Punts of 37 and 43 with no returns (and 46 after the safety) qualify as "hideous"? In what universe are you living?

And he wasn't cut in '04 because his punts the year before were bad. It was because of his punts in '04. And they actually brought him back after one game. Your reasoning ability is highly suspect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back