PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ken Lucas released by Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ken Lucas released

I've always been a fan of Lucas. He's a really physical corner and tackles extremely well. I would love for the Pats to pick him up. Because of the age difference, I would rather take Lucas over Springs. But what if Lucas agreed to come to the Pats? That would make some damn good competition in training camp.

Last edited:
is it a cap casualty to make room for Peppers?

Miami is gonna get all over this guy.

will he take 750k?

Eh, talk to me when they release Adam Seward. Now that's a player.

What?!?!?!

I'd rather have Lucas for three years instead of Bodden for one year and Springs. Glad that the Jets got Lito Sheppard and won't be looking at Lucas, but if he goes to the Dolphins, life will get more difficult in the AFC East.

Well if there's one thing we prove every year, it's that you can never have enough dbs.

Steve Smith likes his face. :rolleyes:

Yeah, he isn't too bad.

Maybe want's a lot of money though.

I don't really see the Pats going after him though.

Miami is gonna get all over this guy.

I thinks Miami is a good call. They need to do something in their secondary. Plus thay loss out on Daniels

Taking a look at his stats his durability really jumps out. I wonder if he's a canidate to move to safety?

Would have been nice if he became available earlier, but I don't see it happening with the Pats now. He's worth more than the vet min, especially when you consider how many free agent CBs have been taken off the market.

I think that this pionts more towards the Panthers KEEPING Peppers than anything else. They were hamstrung by the cap and by letting Lucas go they free up some cap space. I guess that they are getting no takers in the Peppers trade market.

It also makes the Cassel deal seem better, because the Pats wold have been in the same boat and would not have had the ability to make the signings that they have made.

He's a good player. Springs could move to safety, but is there room for him with a Hobbs, Bodden, Springs, Merriweather, Sanders, Wheatley, Whilhite, Richardson, and then Lucas? Do either Bodden, Lucas, or Springs play specials teams?

If they can sign him to a reasonable deal, we should sign him. We can trade Bodden if we want to. He has only 1 yr/750K deal. Reasonable.

I think we may have taken a look at him, had we not just signed Bodden. Now we really are a lot better off, and probably won't give him a look--really no need to at this point

We might not go looking for him but if he decides that he wants to come and play with us he probably wont be denied.

He's a good player. Springs could move to safety, but is there room for him with a Hobbs, Bodden, Springs, Merriweather, Sanders, Wheatley, Whilhite, Richardson, and then Lucas? Do either Bodden, Lucas, or Springs play specials teams?

Who would've thought not having room for another FA DB would be an issue before even going through the draft in April...re-signing Sanders, signing Boddens & Springs, I think that does it for me. If we add more DBs in April, thats fine, too.

Would he be an upgrade over the CB's the Pats have now? I'm not sure on this as I haven't seen much of Lucas.

Because of the age difference, I would rather take Lucas over Springs

The problem with that is, even though hes older, Springs is a much better corner... he just can't stay healthy.

The problem with that is, even though hes older, Springs is a much better corner... he just can't stay healthy.

I know these things are frowned upon here, but I put Springs on a Madden team and was surprised to see him rated 90. That's pretty high for a geezer. Here's hoping he's at least an 80 in real life, hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down