Welcome to PatsFans.com

Ken Lay, Jeffrey Skilling, and George Bush

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mikey, May 25, 2006.

1. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

http://www.consortiumnews.com/2006/052506.html

By the 2000 presidential campaign, Lay was a Pioneer for Bush, raising $100,000. Enron also gave the Republicans $250,000 for the convention in Philadelphia and contributed $1.1 million in soft money to the Republican Party. Not only was Lay a top fund-raiser for the campaign, but he helped out during the recount battle in Florida in November 2000.

Lay and his wife donated $10,000 to Bush’s Florida recount fund that helped pay for Republican lawyers and other expenses. Lay even let Bush operatives use Enron’s corporate jet to fly in reinforcements. After Bush secured his victory, another $300,000 poured in from Enron circles – including $100,000 from Lay and $100,000 from Skilling – for the Bush-Cheney Inaugural Fund.
    Yet, after the Enron scandal broke, Bush acted as if he barely knew Lay. On Jan. 11, 2002, Bush told reporters that Lay “was a supporter of Ann Richards in my run in 1994†for Texas governor, implying that he had gotten to know Lay as Gov. Richards’ holdover appointee to a Texas business council.

The administration also claimed that it turned down Enron’s bail-out pleas in late October 2001 when Lay sounded out senior Bush officials about overt financial help. By then, however, Enron’s troubles were too advanced – and the public spotlight too intense – for the administration to launch a full-scale rescue mission out in the open.

2. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +235 / 18 / -38

#50 Jersey

How about listing all the democrats who were involved with the Enron scandal as well? Like Phil Angelides. And there are others. But, you don't seem to bother mentioning Democrats, do you? Would tarnish your image.
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +196 / 7 / -23

Saw somewhere on the internet this AM, a copy of a letter GWB sent to Ken for his 55th birthday, seems that they knew each other well. Who will George hang out with after '07 or '08 as quite a few of his friends will be behind high walls?
  4. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

There is a good possibility he will hang around with them behind the high walls.

George Bush can play cards in his cells with Abramoff, Lay, Skilling, DeLay, Libby, Ney, Rove, Cheney, ....

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +367 / 1 / -9

Did the Clinton Administration know about these people?
  6. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

These are all RepubliKKKlans whose objectives was to destroy the Bill Clinton.

So, of course, the Clinton Administration knew these people.

7. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Also, Ken Lay let Bush use his private plane extensively for campaign travel. Not sure exactly how much, but it was enough for Lay to have access to Bush anytime he wanted it. It was also rumored that Lay was going to be given the Energy post a few years ago...pre Enron's downfall.
    There is also no doubt that if and when he is jailed, he will get a pardon on Bush's last day in office.
    As for Democrats using planes and links to corporations, I also find that pretty poor, if not crominal as well.
    I do wonder though, with campaigns costing so much money and corporations and lobbyists with MONEY, is it at all a surprise to see the two meet up???? Is there not a better way to finance elections??
    I do think public financing MAY take out a bit of the criminal element and the way corporations BUY politicians...my ONLY thoughts on that is that the two party system will shut out any third party attempts..which I find incredibly poor.
  8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +367 / 1 / -9

No, I didn't know about it until Clinton left.
  9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Clinton, Clinton, Clinton, Clinton, Clinton, Clinton, Clinton, Clinton, Clinton, Clinton, Clinton, Clinton, Clinton, Clinton, Clinton, Clinton, Clinton, Clinton, Clinton, Clinton, Clinton, Clinton, Clinton, Clinton, Clinton, Clinton, Clinton, Clinton, Clinton, Clinton, Clinton, Clinton,Clinton, Clinton, Clinton, Clinton,
  10. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Well he does balance the board with NEM's

Bush, Bush, Bush...... I find both the old men comical.:D
  11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +367 / 1 / -9

For years right up to his death and sometimes even now, this is what we heard from Left Wing Liberals whenever something went wrong in America "well, during the reagan years" they were even saying it in Sit Coms.

"Honey, the car won't start, whats wrong with it"?

"WELL, DURING THE REAGAN YEARS"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reagan, Reagan, Reagan, Reagan, Reagan, Reagan NOW IT'S Bush, Bush, Bush, Bush.

GW BUSH is the only President America has ever had that creates HURRICANES THAT ONLY KILL BLACK PEOPLE.