PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ken Hamlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice. I know a number of Dallas fans who think they are going Safety in the first round. I hear Meriweather a lot, Griffin, and Nelson. As you said if the Cowboys signed Hamlin it would probably at least give NE the choice of Merweather, and Griffin. I don't think Nelson gets past the Jags at 17.

Now if Hamlin signs with any of Dallas, Carolina, Jax, or Miami it would leave one less team looking for a Safety.

Is he also seeing these other teams???yeah man,this can help us out....I like to see safety and of course ILB

question? when is he healthy?

Wilson only missed 3 more games in his career than Hamlin and they came into the NFL same year. Both had two big injuries so far too. Both good hitters, good cover safeties. Very similar playing styles, both want to start. Only one can on this team. And it will be Eugene Wilson.

Wow the guy is a vicious hitter and he's still in his prime right? I'm afraid he'd be looking for at least Deon Grant type money. Otherwise add him to the "crew" and watch receivers get jacked up all day by our secondary! :eek:

I think Hamlin would be a luxury signing but he makes a lot more sense than a Briggs move that a lot of people have been advocating, and would not cost us a draft pick. If the Pats signed Hamlin they wouldn't have to draft a safety and could focus on corner and linebacker. Same as they have already negated the need to absolutely draft for OLB and WR.

What can I say about Hamlin except intriguing?
PS I believe Miguel has the Pats 10M under the cap before extending Samuel and before Dillons 2.5 comes off. So I think we could fit a premium safety under the cap. I'm just not sure the Pats see the value moneywise.

wow. all i can say as that hit is brutal. When was the last time we saw Harrison do something like that?

He does it quite a bit when healthy... That's the keyword though, when healthy. I think the Pats could use some Harrison injury insurance. Even if Harrison is healthy. Harrison + Hamlin instantly becomes the hardest hitting backfield combination the Pats have had in years. It would be the equivalent of the projected but never materialized Milloy/Harrison duo.

My only big concern though looking at Hamlin is how well has he recovered from his injury. I mean the guy got a fractured skull from being beat in the head with a street sign!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Hamlin

I'm sure that's probably one factor why the Seahawks went after Deon Grant instead of trying to resign "Hitstick Hamlin."

Last edited:
Wilson only missed 3 more games in his career than Hamlin and they came into the NFL same year. Both had two big injuries so far too. Both good hitters, good cover safeties. Very similar playing styles, both want to start. Only one can on this team. And it will be Eugene Wilson.

Wilson has missed 13 games (12 in '06, and 1 in '04) and he played through other injuries that limited his effectiveness.
Hamlin has missed 10 games in his NFL career, but they all came in '05 after his head injury.

Also, Ken Hamlin is a better Safety than Wilson. They both can hit and have coverage skills, but Hamlin also has some leadership skills, and Wilson didn't seem to have any ability to lead the secondary after Rodney went down in '05. I still like Eugene, but I don't think he's been all that great since the beginning of '05. Hamlin has bounced back from his injury posting 96 tackles, 1 FF, and 3 INT's in '06.

Last edited:
There has to be some kind of hang up with this guy that is scaring teams away because on paper he looks like the best safety available. Maybe it's money, attitude, or his injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back