PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kelly Washington talks Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like your equal-opportunity Ohio bashing. Anyone have a few choice words for Jim Tressel?

Takes the gas-pipe in title games?

Contemplate: Marvin Lewis is entering his 7th year as head coach of the Bengals.

He has delivered exactly one winning season. He has presided over every kind of dysfunction. He commands no respect from his players. How does he keep that job???

Mike Brown is the cheapest man on the planet and he gave Lewis an extension too quickly and would never fire him to pay him to sit out asnd then hire another coach.

Mike Brown is the cheapest man on the planet and he gave Lewis an extension too quickly and would never fire him to pay him to sit out asnd then hire another coach.

Brown should quit listening to Al Lerner.

Ravens Insider: Belichick shuns shells - The inside scoop and analysis on the team from The Baltimore Sun's Ravens columnist and Ravens beat writer. - baltimoresun.com
Belichick shuns shells

Kelley Washington didn't have to make much of an adjustment to John Harbaugh's demanding training camp this summer after spending his last two NFL camps with Bill Belichick and the Patriots. As difficult as this one may be, the Ravens' new receiver said Belichick's is a little tougher.

"I would say New England's is probably a little bit tougher just because they start out with two-a-days, probably for the first two weeks, in full pads. There's no shells," Washington said. "You don't even think about shells until the regular season. It's all full pads. That's how coach Belichick runs his organization."

I started wearing a shell when I turned fifty...my friends started calling me "turtle boy"...years of weight lifting has left me neckless for all intents and purposes...life sure is strange

I started wearing a shell when I turned fifty...my friends started calling me "turtle boy"...years of weight lifting has left me neckless for all intents and purposes...life sure is strange

Look at the bright-side. Death by strangulation is out of the picture.

with my luck I'll choke on a frogs leg

with my luck I'll choke on a frogs leg
So the French have it in for you too. Hardly surprising, but given their many strengths our luck will devolve into a shortage of frog's legs at the crucial juncture. C'est la vie.

I lived in Cincy in the late 1990's. The improvement under Lewis is actually quite good. Ownership needs to change for the organization to succeed.

There was a story I heard many times that Mike Brown was complained about the cost the organization faced when they went to their first Super Bowl.

My guess is someone got in first because he can't be Paul Brown's son.

Interesting. This may speak more about how bad a situation it was in Cincinatti than how good it is in NE. "They have professionals there" Ouch

If you've been watching "Hard Knocks," you know that Brown is making most of the personnel decisions on that team. That's why they'll never be a consistent winner.

If you've been watching "Hard Knocks," you know that Brown is making most of the personnel decisions on that team. That's why they'll never be a consistent winner.
I was just about to comment on the Hard Knocks show, you beat me to it. Incredible the difference between the way Pats training camp is run and the Bengals. I don't imagine Robert Kraft pulls the coaching staff together to talk about the performance of the defensive backs, to determine who makes the roster - at least not the 2009 version of Kraft. And I'm guessing that Belichick, unlike Lewis, does know the names of the players that are in training camp.

Contemplate: Marvin Lewis is entering his 7th year as head coach of the Bengals.

He has delivered exactly one winning season. He has presided over every kind of dysfunction. He commands no respect from his players. How does he keep that job???

this is a sad franchise, in several senses of that word. i'd bet that if you asked BB to name the three NFL coaches who influenced him the most, Paul Brown would be on the list. to see what his son has done to this team and his father's memory is hard to watch.

Mike Brown has inherited the name as well as some of the stubbornness that characterized his father's career, particularly in its latter years; but he has left a trail of bad judgment and bad management in his wake as he controls the team.

He has kept three coaches now, well past their "Sell By" dates. He is loyal to players and others to a fault at the same time as he has become known for pennypinching on Player salaries while still at the same time that he refuses to sell naming rights to the Bungles stadium in a small media market, thereby asking the Krafts and Maras and Snyders and Lauries and Rooneys and Jones' of the League effectively to subsidize him.

As other posters have observed, it should make us realize how fortunate we are to be supporting a team with first class ownership.

Here's to Bob and Myra Kraft, Jonathan and their other children!!!

Very Very True.

Look at Oakland, Washington and Dallas as well. What happens when ownership gets involved in personnel decisions? Bad stuff!

Which just may be the biggest lesson Bill Parcells ever taught the Krafts!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back