PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kelley Washington re-signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kelley Washington signs

This news makes me very happy. Not as much as hearing Moss re-sign, but still. Washington was an excellent gunner and it's good to see him get rewarded with a return.

KW came in with a rep for being an oft-injured, never reached his potential, soft player.

He emerged from the fire of 2007 as a bullet-tough, smart, BB-type player. Hearing him in interviews also showed him to be a potential team leader down the way.

Washington,Adams,Jefferson,What do they all have in common?----NONE of them played a single SNAP on the NE Patriots offense last season.
Since you struck out on that one totally...I think Washington will be fine on ST and may get into the rotation. Am surprised we have not heard a Washington is made out of glass thread...

Last edited:

I guess I should have stated that , He would be a solid number 2 or 3 WR.. But hopefull not at that loss of Gaffney and Moss.. Which I hope does not happen..

KW is not a #2 or #3 WR, and likely never will be. When TC opens, KW should be no higher than #5/6 on the depth chart, with Chad Jackson. That means that the FO needs to acquire 3 top-4-calibre WRs (to go with Welker) before then.

This is a fine signing. He is a top Ster and should compete with Jackson in camp for the position of 4th receiver. Welker is in the slot (the #3 receiver).

We are still missing the two at the top.

That's a good way of putting it..hopefully Moss will be signed and possibly another FA, draft pick and or Gaffney/Jackson can be the other side WR.

I wouldn't limit his upside as a #2 or #3 WR, he was a solid prospect coming out and looked reasonably athletic in the preseason. Now that he (has to) know the offense, I would expect he could put up Gaffney type numbers if called upon.

He is a tremendous S/Ter and a #4 WR at best. Likely #5.

Washington,Adams,Jefferson,What do they all have in common?----NONE of them played a single SNAP on the NE Patriots offense last season. You gotta play ONE before you can play more,lol. I heard a great quote today by Schlereth on NFL LIVE---"POTENTIAL CAN GET YOU FIRED IN THIS LEAGUE".
Now he did play reciever in college and was drafted by the Bungals as one....but he hasnt played one(no matter what hotel he stays in)on the field in more than 2 years. Dont get me wrong, I really liked his size and speed coming out of college. He just never worked hard enough to put it together. He has been collecting paychecks to do just that but he was a 4th string reciever with the Bungals and Moss,Brown,Gaffney,Welker,Stallworth and Jackson all had catches for the pats this year. That means he is BEHIND Brown and Gaffney(another scrappile guy)on the depth chart here....7th!!
This year we are all hoping Jackson emerges. Stallworth and Brown might not be back. There is a good chance we pick up another reciever either in the draft or FA so he will be back to figure 5th guy.....But unless 2-3 of our guys are injured he still wont see the field except for some preseason and in practice. I would like to see him in on a HAIL MARY package because of his hieght compared to the rest of our guys. He is a natural athlete, too bad he doesnt like playing football enough to be good. But he has a job!

A few things. Brown was the scrappile WR last year. Brown was the one inactive for every game but 1. Washington dressed for all of them, I believe. Washington DID see garbage time snaps, btw.

Washington was the #5 WR ahead of Brown and Jackson prior to the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back