PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kellen Winslow!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winslow isn't really that good and to be honest he never was. I'm sure he would be effective as a #3 or #4 te, but why bother? Spend the money somewhere else.

I do not envision any scenario where Winslow would (a) agree to go to a team where he would be the third TE, (b) be the QBs 6th or 7th option in the passing game, and also (c) sign for a vet minimum contract.

And that's before even considering the reasons why the Patriots would not be interested.

If the Patriots want to add another player to the roster, how about another safety - or at least someone that plays defense rather than offense?

He might be the least likely player in the NFL to go to the Patriots.

Oh PLEASE, God, LET him get cut LOOSE!! :rocker:

Kellen Winslow The Younger: "Bucs Don't Want Me!!" :D

Kellen Winslow likely on way out with Tampa Bay Buccaneers; Dallas Clark in? - ESPN Chicago

The Possibilities ~ in the event of our luring him here ~ would be INSANE. :eek:

kellen-winslow-one-handed-catch.jpg

Hard to imagine a scenario involving Winslow that wouldn't be insane.

Hard to imagine a scenario involving Winslow that wouldn't be insane.

How about Winslow signing with the Steelers so Ben has someone to go motorcycling with in traffic?

Winslow was an extremely talented kid who caught a terrible break with the early knee issues. While he's been good since then, he's never been able to get back to that 100% condition that had him seemingly destined to be another amazing TE in the Winslow family. Given what's left of his ability, he'd still certainly be a great addition to the team, if that was all that mattered. However, his knee issues and/or attitude issues have led to him essentially not practicing during the year, and that's not something I see BB looking too kindly upon.

Would Winslow be better as TE3/TE4 than having a low end WR like Gonzalez/Stallworth/Edelman/etc...? Probably, but I don't really see BB transforming his offense to a 3-4 TE system when it would be reliant upon a player with those balky knees and personality.

Bucs ship Winslow to Seattle

Per PFT, it looks like Tampa traded Winslow to Seattle for an undisclosed draft pick in 2013. Zach Miller and Winslow look like forming an interesting TE combination.

Once again, BB has lead the way and the imitations have begun.

Last edited:
Good point. ;)

He wouldn't've come in handy in the Super Bowl at all. :rolleyes:

Actually, Grid, if his head as poorly screwed on as rumors suggest, he truly wouldn't've, because Brady would have zero trust in him.

Actually, Grid, if his head as poorly screwed on as rumors suggest, he truly wouldn't've, because Brady would have zero trust in him.

6 missed games in 6 seasons says that his Focus and Dedication are LIGHT years beyond what you're buying.

glad this schmuck is far away from the pats

I'm a Daniel Fells fan, personally. Add in the fact that we'll probably have a FB that could also fill in TE in Larsen or Fimmetta if REALLY needed and I'm more than OK.

Of course, this is besides the fact that Winslow is a dope.

Last edited:
so, when will the mods be moving this thread to the PS? :bricks:

Bucs ship Winslow to Seattle

Per PFT, it looks like Tampa traded Winslow to Seattle for an undisclosed draft pick in 2013. Zach Miller and Winslow look like forming an interesting TE combination.

Once again, BB has lead the way and the imitations have begun.

But with Pete, a very poor fascimile thereof will ensue...

Pete will get him "pumped and jacked" though...

Pete is typical of a number of HC's who believe they personaly can turn multiple other coaches failures into successes. He's also entering that phase of his NFL career where he has to prove he can win or he will be coaching in college again soon.

Conditional 7th rounder that can become a 6th. Nice work by rookie HC Schiano...getting a little something for lot of a nothing but trouble he didn't have any use for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back