PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kellen Winslow!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's just another really talented jackass who failed to remotely live up to his god given potential. Not to mention a locker room cancer and an over paid pain in the ass to coach.

It's not about talent collection, it's about team building.

This would be awesome, we could trade Gronkowski before his contract demands come up and get a 3rd in the next draft. he's gonna be 24 and has an injury history, and Dallas Clark could replace him. Bring in Roy Williams and maybe Braylon Edwards and Brady would tear it up. Lose Welker and Gronk and add Williamd, Winslow, and Edwards and Brady would be set up big time, we would also have the 3rd for gronk and those are pure gold.

This would be awesome, we could trade Gronkowski before his contract demands come up and get a 3rd in the next draft. he's gonna be 24 and has an injury history, and Dallas Clark could replace him. Bring in Roy Williams and maybe Braylon Edwards and Brady would tear it up. Lose Welker and Gronk and add Williamd, Winslow, and Edwards and Brady would be set up big time, we would also have the 3rd for gronk and those are pure gold.

But Winslow is closer to Hernandez for his role in the offense. I wonder if Tampa Bay would accept a trade, Winslow for Hernandez, and we could throw in our next 11 first-round picks as a sweetener.

I think OTG is just looking at the potential of lining up 4 TE's and forcing the defense to adjust as Hernandez could go back to RB and you'd still have 3 TEs for a power running formation or you could even split them out 4 wide (or everything in between).

Leaving the extra man as a RB or another WR. Admittedly, it'd be alot for a defense to adjust to and could be crazy good on a goal line situation with 4TE and a RB.

I would honestly rather sign his dad off of whatever couch he's on right now.

hmmm A Battle of the Bulge map.....

Now I'm sure Rex is gonna sign him ! ;)

large_rexr731.jpg

I think OTG is just looking at the potential of lining up 4 TE's and forcing the defense to adjust as Hernandez could go back to RB and you'd still have 3 TEs for a power running formation or you could even split them out 4 wide (or everything in between).

Leaving the extra man as a RB or another WR. Admittedly, it'd be alot for a defense to adjust to and could be crazy good on a goal line situation with 4TE and a RB.

I love what the Pats could do with the right personnel. Unfortunately, I don't think Winslow is the right personnel.

NOBODY goes Bastogne like Off The Grid, Fanatical Yankee!!

#$%& the LOTTA ya!! :D

Winslow may be brittle, and he may be a Prima Donna ~ he IS!!
jester.gif
~ but he's missed time ONCE in 6 years!! :eek:

He is a Weapon and a WARRIOR!! :rocker:

In regards to Winslow this map makes more sense.

Last edited:
I love what the Pats could do with the right personnel. Unfortunately, I don't think Winslow is the right personnel.
I aagree he doesn't appear to be a Patriots type of player and I'd be surprised if he's being seriously looked at. Having him be 3/4 on the pecking order could be too much for his ego or if BB thinks there's something salvagable, then a 1 year contract might not be out of the question.

Still, i think we are good with 3 solid TEs.

Is this a joke? Do you really think the Patriots would be interested in a prima donna with a big salary who would be the fourth TE on the depth chart?

K2 will have better opportunities elsewhere but, did you just imply Daniel fells is better than K2? :ugh:

#failthread

No need for this guy...rather have a 3rd TE that is a good blocker.

K2 will have better opportunities elsewhere but, did you just imply Daniel fells is better than K2? :ugh:

Yes, for this team.

Definitely.

We have enough talent at WR for two teams. Hernandez is essentially a wide receiver as well.

Fells is a darn good blocking TE; just because he doesn't show up in box scores does not mean he isn't valuable. Alge Crumpler made a huge impact in 2010. Fells will make a strong impact. Winslow would be the seventh receiver in our offense and Hernandez's backup. He would never see the field.

Fells is a darn good blocking TE; just because he doesn't show up in box scores does not mean he isn't valuable. Alge Crumpler made a huge impact in 2010 when he cratered for the Pats Kyle Brady style. Fells will make a strong impact. Winslow would be the seventh receiver in our offense and Hernandez's backup. He would never see the field.

Fixed your post

NOBODY goes Bastogne like Off The Grid, Fanatical Yankee!!
jester.gif

botb-realmap.jpg

#$%& the LOTTA ya!! :D

Winslow may be brittle, and he may be a Prima Donna ~ he IS!!
jester.gif
~ but he's missed time ONCE in 6 years!! :eek:

He is a Weapon and a WARRIOR!! :rocker:
Youre the long snapper on this football team.

3-stooges-football.jpg

Huh? Crumpler had a great year. Do you happen to remember the power of our running game and offensive balance that year?

His Jets January game contribution ~ Kyle Brady's Feb game

Not invited back the next year

Last edited:

But Winslow is closer to Hernandez for his role in the offense. I wonder if Tampa Bay would accept a trade, Winslow for Hernandez, and we could throw in our next 11 first-round picks as a sweetener.

Are you boys taking anything for that??
jester.gif

For what it's worth, I've always liked Winslow. I'd love to see us sign him at the vet minimum and let him compete for the spot behind Hernandez, not that it's likely to happen.

I think he's like Moss. A guy with a lot of talent that likes to win, but who pouts and acts like an ass when the team doesn't. No surprise that his years in Cleveland and Tampa Bay haven't made him happy and productive. I think he could be a significant contributor. We could carry 4 TEs and 4 WRs (plus Slater). Hernandez and Winslow would be the TE/WR hybrid, with Fells and Gronk as the true TEs. Welker and Edleman as the slot WRs and Lloyd and Gaffney as the true WRs. Is that so crazy? Eh, maybe.

I do not envision any scenario where Winslow would (a) agree to go to a team where he would be the third TE, (b) be the QBs 6th or 7th option in the passing game, and also (c) sign for a vet minimum contract.

And that's before even considering the reasons why the Patriots would not be interested.

If the Patriots want to add another player to the roster, how about another safety - or at least someone that plays defense rather than offense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back