Welcome to PatsFans.com

Keith Olbermann on NBC sports football show?????

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PATSNUTme, Aug 6, 2007.

1. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +161 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

What the hell can NBC sports be thinking of. They are having that political hack Co-host the pre-game show on Sunday Night Football.:enranged: Can't we enjoy football shows without political hacks?

And to show you that I'm fair and balanced, I thought it was a big mistake for ESPN to have Rush Limbaugh on. It was just a cheap attempt to get ratings. Also I would be just as pissed if Sean Heanity was doing the Fox pre-game show. So, I'm not saying this because Olbermann is a Dem's ballwasher.

There is too much politics being mixed in to everything these days. Why can't they leave football alone.:mad:

I needed to vent this when I heard about it today. Now, back to the regular political arguements.
  2. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I'll bet he's smart enough to stay away from the third rail of Football commentary, which of course, is any criticism of Donovan McNabb's passing skills. I'm also going to go out on a limb here and predict that Turd Ferguson will find him slightly less annoying than Wanda Sikes.
  3. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

:explative What a terrible idea. What's next............. O'Reilly on ESPN.

I thought Olby was worse on ESPN then he is now. Unwatchable.
  4. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

he's an ex espn guy....
  5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

How about Rush Lim...oh wait....
    How about Al Franken on a revival of TWIB?
  6. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +389 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Well I didn't watch it anyway but this finishes me off. I don't care if he doesn't touch politics, just the sound of his voice makes me want to throw up. He repulses me. And aside from his politics, he's not nearly as smart or funny as he seems to think he is.
  7. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

If they think he can get ratings, they will hire him, no matter what else he stands for.

On a side note, although he can too easily get full of himself, Olberman does have his moments, imho. Can be funny, at times.

//
  8. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

When he says "Bush is a great leader" on NBC football, he'll be talking about REGGIE Bush this time.:rocker:

As for his Countdown show, it's entertaining. Even though his "Special Comments" are WAY overboard, I still like them alot.
  9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +480 / 1 / -9

The Dingobats will love it, he will be giving all his little Anti Bush, Anti War, Anti Jesus, "Cute Shots".

Do professional Football Players still kneel in the locker room and pray before a game or is that "To Republican"
  10. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +108 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

What you guys don't understand is to the people in the media, Olbermann is a moderate. They are all very left of center, and probably didn't even consider him as a hack. We already have to endure Byrant Gumbel (although he did look sickly the other night, maybe not for that much longer) on the NFL Network. Imagine if John Madden, was on air and said that he couldn't be bothered watching the NBA because they have as many white guys as a black panther meeting. He would have been fired before the next commerical break.

On his HBO show Gumbel said this..................

"Count me among those who don't care about them and won't watch them. So try not to laugh when someone says these are the world's greatest athletes, despite a paucity of blacks that makes the Winter Games look like a GOP convention,"

And what happened to him.. nothing.
  11. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +389 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

12. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +480 / 1 / -9

Bryant Gumble is one of America's biggest outspoken disgusting RACISTS, he is right up there with Harry Belafonte and the Rap Crap People but if you are White and dare to question them or point out their bigotry then YOU are the one who becomes the Racist.

The double standard on racism in this country is mind boggling, I will now be called a Racist for just mentioning it.

Bryant Gumble, Belafonte & the KKK are in the same boat.
  13. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Olbermann is top notch. He and Dan Patrick molded Sportscenter into what it is today. Doesn't matter what you think of his politics...

The man knows and loves his sports.

Anyone remember when Chuck Knoblok had his throwing to 1st problems, and hit Olbermann's mom in the head?
  14. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +389 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

He could be Republican and I'd still dislike him. Just like I didn't like Dennis Miller on MNF and Miller is a Republican. They both just aren't as smart or cool as they think they are. Olberman is just a pompous jackass, whether Democrat or Republican.
  15. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +161 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

My beef is when he crossed over to the political side, he should not be brought back to the sports side.

Look at this site. We are many people of different political views but the one thing that unites us is our love of football*, Patriots football. We keep the football forum clean of political stuff and when someone crosses that line they get called out. That's the way it should be.

*Excepting, Harry Boy. come on Harry, you like football just a little don't you?
  16. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

this thread is utter hypocrisy... the two themes -- sports and politics -- can be seperated... Olbermann's political views have nothing to do with his ability to anchor a sports telecast...

do liberal New England fans have a problem with Curt Schilling or Tom Brady's staunch conservativism? is anyone complaining over Olbermann's work to expose Barry Bonds? Costas'? newsflash: Bob Costas is pretty liberal... does that mean his HBO show on sports issues has no merit?

the only people infusing sports with politics here are outraged Bush supporters, not Olbermann... which is typical: complaining before anything is ever said or done to be miffed about...

if Keith goes off on Boy King during and NFL telecast, then you can complain with we'll listen... until then, you're just complaining to complain...
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2007
  17. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +389 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I
    DON'T
    HIM
    DOING
    SPORTS
    EITHER.

Is that OK with you, sire ?

:bricks:
  18. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

at what point did i address you? clearly i'm talking to people who suggest he'll intermingle his politics with his role as a commentator for the NFL... so what are you being pissy about, peasant? :cool:

don't like him? great... don't watch...
  19. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +389 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Well I was part of the thread and clearly one who would be biased against Olberman because he's a political hack. Anyway, whatever.
  20. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

yeah why don't you wait till he actually brings politics into the telecast before getting your panties in a bunch ladies