PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Keeping track of all of our "Worst Starters in the League"

Status
Not open for further replies.
This needs to be an annual thread started during week one. Compile the melodrama into one thread and see who of the posters or Belichik are better judges of talent. :rolleyes:

Touche, nice spin on things. This tends to be a very critical crowd, every now and then it is nice to reflect on the success of the team... then we can go right back to criticizing!

Originally Posted by cstjohn17
TBC is a decent 3rd option at OLB, as a #1 he is about the worst starter in the NFL.

Last edited:
Touche, nice spin on things. This tends to be a very critical crowd, every now and then it is nice to reflect on the success of the team... then we can go right back to criticizing!

Is that not a quote from what you said? The OP is mocking the people who have called them worst starters not agreeing this thread seems to have a lot of satire about it rather than really calling players the worst in the league at their given position.

While Ninkovich made 3 nice plays in Miami, that's about all you're going to get from him.

I still stand by my opinion of Ninkovich because he is horrible against the run.

He's not the long term answer for the Pats.

As for Mayo, I've accepted him for what he is - a player who racks up tackles and that's about it.

But don't take it the wrong way about what I said about Mayo.

Ninkovich has struggled at times in the run game but he has improved a lot over the past few weeks. I'm not saying he's the long-term answer either, but as a former defensive end who is finally getting some consistent playing time, he's made some strides and continues to get better. He's not going to the Pro Bowl, but he's done a decent job with some room to grow as well.

Ninkovich has struggled at times in the run game but he has improved a lot over the past few weeks. I'm not saying he's the long-term answer either, but as a former defensive end who is finally getting some consistent playing time, he's made some strides and continues to get better. He's not going to the Pro Bowl, but he's done a decent job with some room to grow as well.

You're either a pro bowl fan favorite or you suck. There is no in between. ; )

There was also that thread about Zoltan that said it was a wasted pick.

You're either a pro bowl fan favorite or you suck. There is no in between. ; )

It really does seem that way. I grew up near Detroit and watched Lions games growing up (that will screw up a little kid), so I guess I have a different perspective on what is awful or not.

Really? We've all been wrong (and sometimes horribly wrong) before, there's no reason to call each other out on it. I guarantee if you search far enough we can find stupid comments from all of us.

Last edited:
Really? We've all been wrong (and sometimes horribly wrong) before, there's no reason to call each other out on it. I guarantee if you search far enough we can find stupid comments from all of us.

Agreed. But I do think we could use a bit more moderation and less extreme opinion from both homers and pessimists. It's one thing to question Ninkovich as a long-term answer or whether he is capable of developing any further. It's another to make an insane claim that he's the worst starter in the NFL.

I love reading the differing opinions on this forum. I've learned a lot, especially from posters I thought were absolutely insane at first. :D But making wild extreme opinions doesn't really contribute to the discussion or offer much to learn, especially since a lot of these things are written out of anger or frustration and not necessarily totally thought-out.

Last edited:
Maybe we should consider adding the left side of our OL, incl. Center, to the list.

Damn, they were bad today, in both run- and pass-blocking.

Agreed. But I do think we could use a bit more moderation and less extreme opinion from both homers and pessimists. It's one thing to question Ninkovich as a long-term answer or whether he is capable of developing any further. It's another to make an insane claim that he's the worst starter in the NFL.

I love reading the differing opinions on this forum. I've learned a lot, especially from posters I thought were absolutely insane at first. :D But making wild extreme opinions doesn't really contribute to the discussion or offer much to learn, especially since a lot of these things are written out of anger or frustration and not necessarily totally thought-out.

This. I'm not calling anyone out, but I started this to have some fun with the ridiculous hyperbole that we see so often on here. In a small sampling of posts, I just saw a pattern of "so-and-so is the worst starter at his position in the league" and I found it funny.

It's all about perspective, yo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye