Welcome to PatsFans.com

Keeping it Real

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Lifer, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

We want our kids to know all there is to know about sexuality,right?
    We dont want them in the dark. Then we should tell them, and ourselves, everything.

http://www.lifesite.net/abortiontypes/
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +506 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

That website is disgusting (in a "people need to see it" kind of way). I am not pro life for religious reasons, I am pro life for "abortion is a disgusting abomination" reasons.
  3. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

Exactly. You dont have to be religious to see what an abomination this "Choice" really is.
  4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

If you don't like abortions, don't have one.
  5. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +555 / 7 / -9

What's weird is how the "pro-life," "anti-medical establishment" media has SO DOMINATED our AIRWAYS, that I CANNOT QUICKLY AND EASILY FIND A CLOSEUP OF LIPSUCTION IN PROGRESS, which makes the parallel argument, if shot in just the right way.

The argument from "ewwwwww" is much more powerful to us, sitting at home at computers, with all else being equal, than it might be to those seeking out the (as yet) legal medical procedure of abortion.

By the way, I also gross right out when the egg I'm about to fry is all red with a teeny little red pea in the middle of the yolk.

PFnV
  6. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

one major difference. its not an egg that you are frying at home and its not lipsuction. But i suppose if thats what you equate a 10 week old fetus or a 20 week old one when someone shows you the ultrasound picture then thats how your mindset is.

Point being, maybe the ones who someday will seek out the very much legal abortion need to know what they are killing and maybe the ones who thinks its equal to their breakfast could use a reminder as well.
  7. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

While watching the fat being sucked out of someone is gross, watching a living human skull being crushed or tiny human being poisoned to death goes way beyond the ewwww factor. Not a parallel argument at all. And what's the big deal about letting a mother to be see what actually happens in the procedure? Why can't she make up her own mind after seeing what happens. Are you afraid she might choose life? Are people pro-choice or pro abortion?
  8. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +506 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

Or if I don't like murderers, don't be one - but it's OK if you are.

:bricks:
  9. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +506 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

Or how about from the baby's perspective . . . does he like an abortion ? And if not can he choose "not to have one" ? :mad:
  10. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +506 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

LMFAO. Comparing seeing fat removed from a person vs. a dead baby ?

:bricks:
  11. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

That's not what he did; he pointed out the absurdity of the "gross-out" argument.
  12. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

If the body disgusts you, then I suggest you never get an operation or other medical procedure. No one has an abortion because they like what is done to the fetus, let alone the patient.

I don't trust right-wing pro-lifers on this one, because they don't care about abortion, they care about their holier-than-though attitude. They want the big hand of government to impose laws on those who are unlike them (women or gays, for instance).

If they were sincere, they would favor more help for new mothers, pregnant women, impoverished parents, and foster kids. In some countries, pregnant women get three or more months off (with pay) to be with their newborn child, and also get extra time off in the last weeks of their pregnancy or if they adopt a chld. The pro-lifers seldom if ever talk about social programs. They are generally looking for cheap way to convince themselves of their moral superiority.

You want to get rid abortion? Take away the underlying causes -- poverty, ignorance, fear for their child, etc.
  13. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +506 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

It's not the body nor the dead body, but that the mother chose to have it done to the body.

Don't forget convenience. Fear for their child ? LMAO.
  14. Patters

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

Yes, some women have abortions because they don't think they will be able to take care of the child, and don't want to put the child into the hands of abusive relatives or a system they see as abusive.

But, again, I can see why you'd prefer a law than social programs: You can feel morally superior without it costing you anything at all. Out of curiosity, would you support a 5% tax increase (to fund social programs for women and kids) if the legislation included a law outlawing abortions?
  15. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +506 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

So they kill it instead. OK.

It depends what the "social program" is.

If it were checks to mothers then absolutely not.
    If it were for group daycare, adoption programs, etc, yes if it were done the right way.

One note, I wouldn't want a tax increase for this, I don't support any tax increases on anyone. I would pay for it by getting rid of all the crappy spending that's added to bills to send home to re-elect congressmen (but that's another issue; yes I would pay for the above but not through a tax increase).
  16. Patters

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

Most women who have abortions obviously don't see it as murder.

So, you would rather kill babies than pay more tax if that tax revenue is not being used the way you think it should be used?
  17. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Sheesh Patters, talk about biggoted stereotyping of a group.......you forgot to mention we just don't want women to have the right to choose. What, I can't believe that a unique human life begins at inception? What kind of a person would I be if knowing that, i just turn my head away form it's killing?The tactic is meant to take away the ignorance of what the procedures actually do to the fetus, baby or whatever politically correct term you choose to use. The biggest underlyng cause for abortions IMO is casual, irresponsible sex that society not only turns its head away from, but encourages in so many ways, be it in movies, music or whatever. Then with the gazillion unwanted pregnacys prevalent today, you want me to have all the sollutions for the aftermath of of the actual birth ready and waiting in a nice little package for you or you'll accuse me of not being sincere about saving the babies.

Anyway, what is so different with this then the left wanting executions to broadcast live so as to sway public opinion(I'm generally against capital punishment, by the way)?
  18. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +506 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

I would be fine taking the babies and finding homes for them. I'm certainly not about to write another check to women who can't be trusted to use it where it needs to be used. It's not limited to your two choices.
  19. Patters

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

Of course it's not limited to my two choices, but suppose it was. It sounds like you oppose abortion (and gay marriage) because it doesn't affect you. If it hit your wallet, you might be singing a different tune?
  20. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +506 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

Why is gay marriage in the discussion again ? :confused:

OK, if I HAD TO choose I would pick the 5% tax increase over mass murder.