PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Keeping an eye on Aldon Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope he gets the help he clearly needs. I do think he is spending sometime in prison though.

Here's my first post on the new forum.

Hi.
I'll admit it. I did all this work primarily to lure you back and hopefully have you around more often :D

SCIZ you were absolutely correct about his talent pre draft. Unfortunately no one could predict he was such a basket case.

If Burress can go away for shooting himself with a handgun I wonder what the time would be for an AR-10t, bushmaster acr and a bushmaster carbon 15? All three are on the banned list in California. If it was every day joe guy, minimum 3 years on good behavior. But we are talking about a beloved star athlete here who seems to just slip through the system in most cases if they play very well.

Even if this guy slips through the cracks of the legal system for being a star athlete, there is no way Aldon Smith avoids a lengthy suspension from the league office. How many transgressions is this now, his 6th? 12 games at a minimum. Should be suspended the entire 2014 season.

Aldon Smith is a very good pass rusher but his stats are misleading to a degree. He plays ROLB with Justin Smith at RDE, Smith often times commands so much attention Smith has a free line to the QB. In 2012 and 2013, Aldon Smith was not nearly as effective when Justin Smith was out of the lineup due to injury. If you put Chandler Jones on that team, he would have broken the sack record in my opinion.

He is still a player I would love to have if he was not the modern day Pac Man Jones but given that he is a freaking disaster of a human being, I just cannot see him being a good addition to our squad.

Yeah,no one is better at defensive holding then Justin Smith. It has been complained about by other teams just like Denver's pick play.

Despite that he is still very talented and is probably only going to get better if he is allowed to do so.

After the Hernandez problems and what Smith has done in the since 2012, the Pats don't want him anywhere near the team. His stupidity outweighs his talent.....

2012- 2014 issues
Arrested for DUI, Suffered stab wounds when attempting to break up a fight at a party at his residence. Single vehicle accident and arrested on suspicion of DUI and possession of marijuana. Charged with "three felony counts of illegal possession of an assault weapon" relating to the 2012 stabbing incident at his house. Detained and arrested following an incident in LAX airport alleged to mention a bomb to TSA officers.
Let's summarize it: Stabbing, marijuana, DUI, assault weapons, bomb threat...enough said.

Last edited:
Another wasted talent. Some of these guys are just so stupid.

It is the invincibility complex that comes from all the money they make in addition to world-wide notoriety.

I'll admit it. I did all this work primarily to lure you back and hopefully have you around more often :D
I never left ya.

If the Pats won't touch Colt Lylerlealerlalelraa for posting conspiritard BS about Sandy Hook and doing lines of blow in a parking lot then no way in hell are they going to go for a guy who played Marco Bombo with the TSA and has weapon charges against him.

Hi.
Who the hell asked you? o_O

Back on topic, here's who should "keep an eye" on Aldon Smith:

* Law enforcement.
* Psychiatry.
* Homeland Security.
* Narcotics Anonymous.

He actually sounds like he's mentally ill and is using substances to self-medicate. Very sad...

I agree, one incident I'll put that under stupidity but this sounds more like mental illness. The sad part is since they're football players and these guys we're taught to be tough guys so very few of them seek help. Hopefully he can seek help like Brandon Marshall did and save his career.

Hi.
If Aldon Smith had just said "Hi" instead of yelling that he had a bomb at the airport, he might be spending more time in voluntary OTAs and less time with the Federales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes